• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:06 am

So this time, I want to do something a little different with the digital movie giveaway. I just wanted to add a little fun to the mix. So I'm going to make a game of it. I've bought a lot of movies this year. And while I'll have to exclude Disney this time (I used those codes to earn points for free stuff after joining DMC and DMR), I still have around 60 codes! So rather than do the pick-a-title roulette like previous years, I'm taking some inspiration from Fries and doing a community guessing game of sorts.

I've mentioned it before, but one of the first videogames I remember playing when I was very young was Hangman on the Commodore 64. My sister had a C64, and of course I played it a little before moving up to the Atari 2600 (also hers), and then finally getting my first system, the NES. Hangman is still a fun game, and very easy to play, so let's play community Hangman!

I'll give a hint, then draw out the blanks. As a group, you can guess letters one at a time. Each correct letter will get plugged in, and each incorrect will get you closer to being hung! Since we'll be playing on forum post time, don't go too crazy with the guesses before I come back and fill them in, or you might hang yourself prematurely! 6 incorrect letter guesses and it's over! It's a community game, so everyone will work together to guess, but the winner will be the first to post the correct title. You can guess a title anytime. You don't have to wait for all the letters to be guessed or filled in. But once you guess a title, you (specifically the guesser) aren't allowed to post other title guesses or letters until I confirm or deny your guess. Others can continue to guess if they want, though. I'll try to be vague with the title hints so that the Hangman part of this will actually be played. Hopefully this works and will be a fun little forum game for everyone! I'll edit the first post to update confirmed letters and the Hangman. Oh, and if you participate but don't actually win anything, I'll give consolation movie prizes, probably lesser-known stuff that maybe (hopefully) you haven't seen so you can try something new.

As each game concludes, I'll PM the winner with the code for that movie, and then start a new game with a new movie. And yes, you can continue to play each game and possibly win more movies even if you've won previously. All losers, once Christmas arrives, will get their consolation movies PM'd to them.

OK, let's go! The hint will be below.

******************************************************************************************************
Previous movies and winners:

1. Home Alone: Congratulations jrmann33!
2. Detective Pikachu: Congratulations thegrifter!

******************************************************************************************************

Current Game:

Hint: ThiS ONe started as a comic, and one daY got a video game release somewhere in the world, on a Particular conSole that's been in discussion recently.

_ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _

Incorrectly Guessed Letters:

____
| |
|
|
|
|
|______
Last edited by BuraddoRun on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 28 times in total.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:22 am

O?
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:28 am

Yes! There are 2. I've updated the first post.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:50 am

I'm not a movie buff so I'll not actually make a public title guess, but I've PMed what I think it is. If I'm correct, let the game continue so someone else can win.

In any case... R
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:57 am

fgsfds100 wrote:I'm not a movie buff so I'll not actually make a public title guess, but I've PMed what I think it is. If I'm correct, let the game continue so someone else can win.

In any case... R

No Rs. :!:
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby thegrifter » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:40 am

T?
thegrifter
Physical Warrior

Postby Tiger-kai » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:06 pm

I know what it is but I live in Europe so the codes won't work here.

Anyway.... E
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby jrmann33 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Anyone guess N?
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby hithereguy2 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:53 pm

I wanna guess and say it’s Home Alone

Edit: If I’m correct, give the movie to the last person that guessed a correct letter since I already own that movie
hithereguy2
I want to believe

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Yes, it's Home Alone!

So, congratulations jrmann33! I'll PM the movie code to you soon.

But yeah, if you think you know the movie but own it already or don't want it, don't guess publicly! Let the others try and get it. :lol: But that's OK.

And I've put up the hint and spaces for the next movie in the first post. Good luck!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby jrmann33 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks Burrado
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 am

Another forum tradition repeats itself. Thanks for doing this as always, Buraddo.

I don't think I'll be claiming any films for myself this year, but I'll try to help out those guessing. Gonna throw out the letter A as a guess.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:31 am

Fries wrote:Another forum tradition repeats itself. Thanks for doing this as always, Buraddo.

I don't think I'll be claiming any films for myself this year, but I'll try to help out those guessing. Gonna throw out the letter A as a guess.

No problem. Thanks for playing and helping the others, regardless.There is an A!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:15 am

I don´t want any of the codes but I love playing hangman so I´ll guess E
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am

Tiger-kai wrote:I don´t want any of the codes but I love playing hangman so I´ll guess E

There are 3 Es!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Ah! Now.i know.... I'll give other people a help with the letter D :)
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Tiger-kai wrote:Ah! Now.i know.... I'll give other people a help with the letter D :)

There is InDeeD a D!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby thegrifter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 pm

N?
thegrifter
Physical Warrior

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 pm

thegrifter wrote:N?

No "N"
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 pm

How about an 'O'?
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 pm

Fries wrote:How about an 'O'?

Unfortunately, nO.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:43 am

I´ll help out..... Can I have a P please :lol:
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 am

Tiger-kai wrote:I´ll help out..... Can I have a P please :lol:

Yes, you can!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 am

And with that, I know what it it is.

J

:twisted:
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:24 am

fgsfds100 wrote:And with that, I know what it it is.

J

:twisted:

:twisted: indeed. No Js.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:53 pm

I've got some REALLY NICE surprises to give away this year, guys. Stuff you might not expect. Yes, it's all digital, but think of it like a free trial of something or a free rental. Even if you're not big on films, I've got some TV shows, too...

Also, for non-North American forumers, I'm not super keen on this stuff, but if you've ever used a VPN service, you may be able to set your region to NA and download the codes that normally wouldn't be available to you.

Remember, you're not limited on the amount of titles you can win. previous winners can still keep winning.

Finally, a bonus hint for the current title: it is video game related.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby thegrifter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:30 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:I've got some REALLY NICE surprises to give away this year, guys. Stuff you might not expect. Yes, it's all digital, but think of it like a free trial of something or a free rental. Even if you're not big on films, I've got some TV shows, too...

Also, for non-North American forumers, I'm not super keen on this stuff, but if you've ever used a VPN service, you may be able to set your region to NA and download the codes that normally wouldn't be available to you.

Remember, you're not limited on the amount of titles you can win. previous winners can still keep winning.

Ah okay, now I know, dunno why it took me so long.
Detective Pikachu!
I've never watched a Pokemon movie or show, or played the game in my entire life tho lol.
Is this a good start?
thegrifter
Physical Warrior

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:06 pm

thegrifter wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:I've got some REALLY NICE surprises to give away this year, guys. Stuff you might not expect. Yes, it's all digital, but think of it like a free trial of something or a free rental. Even if you're not big on films, I've got some TV shows, too...

Ah okay, now I know, dunno why it took me so long.
Detective Pikachu!
I've never watched a Pokemon movie or show, or played the game in my entire life tho lol.
Is this a good start?

:lol: You got it!!!

Hmm...Pokemon is a video game staple. As such, I'd say any start is a good start. The movie will probably feel like any family-type movie to you, with weird, colorful characters and a little mystery to watch, and things to keep you laughing. It's not the greatest representation of the main games, because those are RPGs that have you collect and battle with Pokemon. The movie takes place in a town where Pokemon aren't captured and used for battle like that. But at least you'll get to see plenty of Pokemon in action, and there are some battles at least. Regardless, I hope you find enjoyment in it! I'll PM you the code shortly and post a new movie in the first post afterward.

Congratulations thegrifter!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Return to General Discussions