• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby Zee » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:50 am

https://1printgames.com/

New limited game company, legit or not?

If this has been posted, sorry...admin can delete or merge...
One thing I hate is.....
User avatar
Zee
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:50 am
Location: Australia


Postby FoP » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:05 am

Just saw these too, I got a newsletter about Death Squared physical and I cannot for my life remember when I signed up to recieve news about that game. :|

I do feel the site is a bit fishy. Trying to find out where they're located; the price for me shows as $, but when looking at their FAQ it says their games won't have age ratings on the cover which hints at them being in another region. However even if it weren't for that, I'd say that any company that isn't clear with their location on their website is a big warning sign.

...I did find a fleeting mention of Japan Post in the shipping part of their T&C, so I'm guessing that's where they're located, however it should be more clearly stated.
Not sold on it though, Ittledew is the best of the lineup so far so I hope we'll have it confirmed if they're legit or not until it appears. Warned Collectors hopefully made everyone a bit more wary about new companies before they've delivered anything.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby Zee » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:48 am

Yup I agree, got the same email as you and I'm like wtf? Anyways I think we'll see how it goes with its first title whoever is game enough to buy from them....
One thing I hate is.....
User avatar
Zee
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:50 am
Location: Australia


Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:08 am

I already have Kero Blaster for PS4, don't know either of the other games, and I'm not interested in the Switch at all, so I'll just watch from the sidelines.

Diving in headfirst out of nowhere with 3 games is pretty iffy, but it at least doesn't seem like the same people behind Warned Collectors and Collector's Only.



FoP wrote:...I did find a fleeting mention of Japan Post in the shipping part of their T&C, so I'm guessing that's where they're located, however it should be more clearly stated.

Their logo is a Kanji, suggesting Japan or Chinese, and the footer on the homepage says...

OFFICIAL COUNTRY RESELLERS
Living in Japan? Purchase 1Print Games products at our Official Country Resellers:

Japan / 日本: WakuWakuPlay
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:43 pm


Postby FoP » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:30 am

fgsfds100 wrote:
FoP wrote:...I did find a fleeting mention of Japan Post in the shipping part of their T&C, so I'm guessing that's where they're located, however it should be more clearly stated.

Their logo is a Kanji, suggesting Japan or Chinese, and the footer on the homepage says...
OFFICIAL COUNTRY RESELLERS
Living in Japan? Purchase 1Print Games products at our Official Country Resellers:
Japan / 日本: WakuWakuPlay


I didn't think of the Kanji, and the country resellers isn't really much of a sign by itself (as a company can have a partner in another country), but yeah all evidence adds up to it being Japan.
But why not write it out clearly? I mean, it's possible there's a difference between countries, but here in Europe a company that isn't clear with an address to where they're registered is... fishy.
LRG has it in their T&C, Red Art as well, SLG has a very detailed page of it... as said, it might just be an oversight, but a strange one as it's a pretty basic thing.

As you say it's not the same people, but there could be more like 'em out there.
Also, Iggy and Nitro... That's quite hard names to follow up if you'd like to look more closely at who they are. Though I don't think anyone in this business has been so public as Josh and Douglas, but while that's lead to a few negatives too, early on I think it really helped to build trust for LRG.

Also, am I the only one noticing they're not mentioning a print run for Kero Blaster? On the positive side though, they do have some photos up of physical items on their social media pages... which Warned never had.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:04 am

The other plus is that Kero Blaster is on-hand and ready to ship. So we should find out fairly quickly how reliable they are.

I played Smash Ultimate for the first time with some friends last night and had a lot of fun, so my want to purchase a Switch has accelerated, and I'll likely be on the lookout for more Switch games. But none of 1Print's announced titles appeal to me, so I'll wait from the sidelines for now.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7644
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby FoP » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am

I just looked and I guess I got the email because I signed up on a link found in THIS topic. What's odd is that I usually remember things like these (I mean just look at how much odd quotes and stuff I pull out here on the forums) but this one I had forgotten completely. I don't even know why I signed up for it because it's not really my type of game... but I guess better safe than sorry, FOMO and all that stuff...
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5882
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby DrLight66 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:23 pm

It's too bad they have no plans to do Playstation 4 releases, but i guess with PS4 sales slowing down rapidly in favor of the Switch and with the Playstation 5 being 10-12 months away they don't want to risk it as a startup company.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby thegrifter » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:05 pm

DrLight66 wrote:It's too bad they have no plans to do Playstation 4 releases, but i guess with PS4 sales slowing down rapidly in favor of the Switch and with the Playstation 5 being 10-12 months away they don't want to risk it as a startup company.


All of this, Switch is so boring to me, sucks.
User avatar
thegrifter
Physical Warrior
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:29 am
Location: US of A


Postby BLINXERIZER » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:20 am

I had got Kero Blaster when the sale started. Got my tracking number a few days ago. So can't wait for it to arrive.
Image

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402


Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
User avatar
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 3:27 am
Location: Texas


Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:I had got Kero Blaster when the sale started. Got my tracking number a few days ago. So can't wait for it to arrive.


Cool! Let us know how it all goes: shipping speed, extra goodies included, etc.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7644
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby Zee » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:29 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:I had got Kero Blaster when the sale started. Got my tracking number a few days ago. So can't wait for it to arrive.


Cool! Let us know how it all goes: shipping speed, extra goodies included, etc.


I second that...
One thing I hate is.....
User avatar
Zee
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:50 am
Location: Australia



Return to General Discussions