• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby gzbum » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:11 am

Not sure if this has already been brought up, or already ideas in the works, but here's some physical releases that I would love to see:

1) CONTRA collection! (Switch/PS4/XBOX)
2) Castlevania collection (Switch/PS4/XBOX)
3) a NTSC release of Darius 30th collection
4) Hydrothunder Hurricane (XBOX)
4) re-releases of older, hard to find titles from any platform (ie. Rule of Rose, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, etc etc...)
5) Shantae Risky's Revenge (SWITCH version)
6) Bayonetta 1 (NTSC SWITCH)
7) Cuphead (SWITCH/XBOX)
8) Breach & Clear (SWITCH) haha :)

There's a lot more that I'm sure I'm missing, but seriously, I'm pretty sure these would sell well. Some of the things that I wouldn't miss from the collector's editions are the "posters". Seriously, who hangs this on their wall? They're creased (folded), and they really play no other part than filler. Unless of course they have a map of the overworld or dungeon on the opposite side. I am a huge fan of the releases that Infocom used to do because they included a lot of extras that actually tied into the game that it was released with. I'd love to see extras that are closely tied into the game. Does anyone remember the extras in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? Microscopic Space Fleet! Or the metal Ankh in Ultima IV! As I said in the subject, these are just some ideas. I'm a huge fan of owning actual physical releases of games that i enjoy. My personal catalog includes many rare, older games, but to be honest, it's a hassle (for me) to play most of them as they are in storage. I'd love to see them re-released on the modern systems. I don't consider myself a collector, I just buy games that I want to play. Been doing that for the past 30 years and I'm well over 40, pushing into 50. Most of us around my age have collections well over 5000+ games that we never intended on having, it just happened as we bought games to play. What I'm trying to say is the releases I'd love to see are those that provide an experience playing the game after buying it in a physical format, and releases that make it just easier to play without changing to a different television or have to hook up differently. Yeah, I'm all about convenience for myself. =)

Hope these are positive ideas that I can contribute to you LRG, I really do appreciate having some of these incredible games on a physical format. Thank you.
gzbum
I want to believe

Postby Best1989 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:02 am

Some nice suggestions there! Some hard to sign, too :lol:

I'm in for most of those, though!
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Pudjay1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Well Darius Collection is getting a rather nice Limited Edition release on PS4 and Switch this weekend through Strictly Limited Games.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby elparanorman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:18 pm

Pudjay1 wrote:Well Darius Collection is getting a rather nice Limited Edition release on PS4 and Switch this weekend through Strictly Limited Games.

I bought it. It was pretty damn pricey though. $160 for the CE.
elparanorman
True Believer

Postby revan193 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:52 am

By "ideas", do you mean ideas for possible and credible releases? Or can we go wild and basically hope our favorite stuff will be released physically one day?
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:51 pm

Older games I really hope to see get a PS4 physical release someday....

Amnesia Collection
Pier Solar HD
Ninja Senki DX
Fez
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition
Day of the Tentacle HD
Cast of the Seven Godsends Redux (if the dev ever fixes the game's buggy trophy system and buggy text-skip)

Half of these i'm hopeful on, the other half i highly doubt will ever happen.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby thegrifter » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:28 pm

My top 4 favorite games all don't have physical PS4 releases. :cry: Two are pretty much impossible lmao, but still. I can only hope..
They are:
Mirror's Edge
P.T.
SOMA
Time Pilot
thegrifter
Physical Warrior

Postby kupomogli » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Dead Nation
Fez
Skulls of the Shogun
The Witcher: Thronebreaker
Hotline Miami 2
Castlevania Collection(after they patch out the crashes)
SotN Collection(after they patch in Dracula X Chronicles, talk about lazy ports)
Contra Collection
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby revan193 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:02 am

I wouldn't say no to "Limited Runs" for XBOX ONE.
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:11 pm

revan193 wrote:I wouldn't say no to "Limited Runs" for XBOX ONE.

They've been over that. Microsoft's minimum order quantity (MOQ) is way too high.

Limited Run Games @LimitedRunGames
Replying to @ProgramingGamer
No, minimum order quantities on Xbox One are prohibitively high. It's actually why @NISAmerica just said they can't support the platform. :(

The only hard number I could find was from 2017 for Xbox 360. Their MOQ was 50,000 copies. XBox One MOQ is probably comparable to that.

https://twitter.com/rjcarello/status/862319901016555520
Rocco J Carello @rjcarello
Replying to @DeyeMofo and @LimitedRunGames
On the Xbox 360 in North America, Microsoft required a 50,000 minimum print run. This prevented a lot of niche games from being released.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby revan193 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:05 am

I really didn't know that, that sucks...

Then, Switch releases of somes of their first "limited runs"? Like Breach & Clear, Octodad or New 'n' Tasty?
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby Fries » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:13 pm

revan193 wrote:I really didn't know that, that sucks...

Then, Switch releases of somes of their first "limited runs"? Like Breach & Clear, Octodad or New 'n' Tasty?

Breach & Clear and Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! don't have Switch versions. Octodad is a possibility.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby revan193 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:30 am

Octodad is one of my favorite "Limited Run" games, I would totally pay for a Switch collector's edition if it will really be released one day.

Otherwise, new game to add to my list: NekoMiko. It's a visual novel (it's in the "adventure" category but the story is worthy of a visual novel to me) about a very unlucky Japanese man who find an old Shinto shrine inhabited by two Neko miko (Japanese priestess) and it apparently has "ecchi" scenes. :)
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:35 am

Don't we already have a Wishlist thread?
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby revan193 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:44 am

Yeah but people stopped posting messages in it since October.
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby jrmann33 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:47 pm

I don't buy every Limited Run release, but I will admit especially with games like Celeste, Rogue Legacy, Transistor, Golf Story, Blazing Chrome, Freedom Planet, and now the announcement of Blossom Tales.... Limited Run definitely after all these years of producing limited releases they do continue to deliver on the great games... while other companies can't come close to what they are publishing (for indie games I mean). I don't even hardly follow some competing companies anymore because it only ever seems like they release sub par games and that is all they ever sign.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Return to Limited Run Discussion