• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:16 am

DrLight66 wrote:Not to stray too much away from what everyone is talking about, but I feel like all of this brings up a bigger issue and that's that a large chunk of LRG's customer base is people with major OCD who need to buy every single release whether they like the game or not or even plan on ever playing the game. Collecting games that you like is fine but i don't understand the point at all of buying games that you have zero interest in but buy for the sake of completing a collection.

The person who made the mock image i feel like is someone with major OCD who needs to buy everything LRG puts out and is mad that he had to buy Tetris Effect despite it already getting a retail release. Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't want, it's that simple.
people can have all kinds of reasons to go for a complete set that doesnt mean they have ocd perse

I want a full vita set I have my reasons for it. oesnt mean I have ocd
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby revan193 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:01 am

I'm a collector, I possess tons of consoles and games, that doesn't means I have OCD (it just means I really love video games).
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:41 am

yeah I am wondering btw

if I am collecing tradingcards for example I want a full se as well not just the ones I like. there are always some cards in it you dont like as well
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby panzermanathod » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:55 am

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/obs ... disorder#1

This is not me claiming whether or not you have OCD. It is just a reminder of what OCD is.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:31 pm

Collectibles are meant to be collected, I can understand collecting the LRG trading cards cause i mean what else can you do with them other than look at them? I've never understood why people collect games that they don't like or don't care about. I'm a fan of Iron Maiden for example but I never bought the cd or even cassette for dirt cheap for their album No Prayer for the Dying, because that album sucks! And I'm a huge John Carpenter fan but I will never buy the dvd or blu-ray for trash like Escape From LA or Vampires, because those movies sucked!
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:09 am

DrLight66 wrote:Collectibles are meant to be collected, I can understand collecting the LRG trading cards cause i mean what else can you do with them other than look at them? I've never understood why people collect games that they don't like or don't care about. I'm a fan of Iron Maiden for example but I never bought the cd or even cassette for dirt cheap for their album No Prayer for the Dying, because that album sucks! And I'm a huge John Carpenter fan but I will never buy the dvd or blu-ray for trash like Escape From LA or Vampires, because those movies sucked!
escape from la is great I love that movie
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:29 am

panzermanathod wrote:https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder#1

This is not me claiming whether or not you have OCD. It is just a reminder of what OCD is.

Lol i know quite a lot of people who would have ocd then if those are the symptons and if washing your hands too much on a day or wanting to have your house nice and clean then consider me guilty of having ocd.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:27 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:
DrLight66 wrote:Collectibles are meant to be collected, I can understand collecting the LRG trading cards cause i mean what else can you do with them other than look at them? I've never understood why people collect games that they don't like or don't care about. I'm a fan of Iron Maiden for example but I never bought the cd or even cassette for dirt cheap for their album No Prayer for the Dying, because that album sucks! And I'm a huge John Carpenter fan but I will never buy the dvd or blu-ray for trash like Escape From LA or Vampires, because those movies sucked!

Escape From NY is great. Escape From LA though represents everything that sucked about Hollywood in the 90s.

I'd compare it to An American Werewolf in London from 1981 which is a classic compared to An American Werewolf in Paris from 1997 which was also a total representation of Hollywood at it's worst.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 pm

I liked American werewolf in Paris.... Escape from LA was terrible for me though
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:28 pm

DrLight66 wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:

Escape From NY is great. Escape From LA though represents everything that sucked about Hollywood in the 90s.

I'd compare it to An American Werewolf in London from 1981 which is a classic compared to An American Werewolf in Paris from 1997 which was also a total representation of Hollywood at it's worst.
not everyone has the same taste lol I relay like the movie

I never ssaw escape from new york though I relay want to but if a dvd of it excists it has to be rare I never saw it
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby panzermanathod » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:18 pm

kazumn wrote:
panzermanathod wrote:https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder#1

Lol i know quite a lot of people who would have ocd then if those are the symptons and if washing your hands too much on a day or wanting to have your house nice and clean then consider me guilty of having ocd.

Don't worry, I won't look at you differently because you have OCD.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:44 pm

revan193 wrote:I'm a collector, I possess tons of consoles and games, that doesn't means I have OCD (it just means I really love video games).

No, it doesn't. But it's also such a nebulous "disorder" (obsessions -> strong interests // compulsions -> urges -> desires -> because of strong interests) that "having it" isn't immediate grounds for being (or even worrying about being) put on heavy medication or into a straight jacket. As with anything, there are different degrees of OCD. The page panzer linked tries to correlate harmless things (made even more harmless when context is provided) with some basket case level things.

>> Fear of germs or getting dirty
Given that germs and filth cause illness, those are reasonable things to want to avoid. Shrieking in terror about it is excessive, but also rare.

>> Worries about getting hurt or others being hurt
Again, a completely reasonable thing to want to avoid. Unless it consumes somebody's life to the point that they hide in a corner for safety.

>> Need for things to be placed in an exact order
It's called organization. If it wasn't in order, it wouldn't be organized...

>> Belief that certain numbers or colors are “good” or “bad”
Without context, sure, but what if you're trying to color match your outfit or room decor or something? Or you need some number of something but less or more aren't acceptable? If I want some eggs, don't give me 2 and don't give me like 15. 4 is good.

>> Unfounded suspicion that a partner is unfaithful
Because that never happens. Some people are pretty damn good at hiding that sort of thing. And others who are insecure about themselves, especially if they feel "unworthy" of being who they're with, might think that. "I can't believe an oaf like me is with a heartthrob like them."

>> Washing hands many times in a row
Maybe stop if you're scrubbing to the point of bleeding or getting down to the bone, but what if you work in a kitchen or medical center or some other place that demands cleanliness or is just very dirty?

>> Doing tasks in a specific order every time, or a certain “good” number of times
Plenty of things need to be done in specific order and plenty of things need to be done multiple times to "stick". If it's something you've done many times in the past, you'll probably have an idea of how many times you need to do it. Pulling the cord on a lawnmower for example. "Yep, mine always takes 7 pulls to start." Plenty of other things don't need to be done in order, but again, organization. Of things and tasks.

>> Repetitive checking on a locked door, light switch, and other things
Forgetfulness and an awareness that things being set correctly is important.

>> Need to count things, like steps or bottles
Amusement or necessity. You might want to be sure of how many bottles you have when you go to return them so you know they aren't stiffing you. And maybe the 6th step creaks and you don't want to wake everybody up during the night.

>> Putting items in an exact order, like cans with labels facing front
Stores strive for this. It's called "facing". It's good for aesthetics and, in places with forced dual-language packaging that nevertheless have a much larger majority of people who speak/read only one of the languages, they want that side facing outward.

>> Fear of touching doorknobs, using public toilets, or shaking hands
Perhaps the person felt a hot doorknob during a fire and was traumatized. For those who don't know, the heat makes your hand tense up making it difficult to let go, so the burning continues. Fears are instinctive/learned behaviors for the purpose of survival. Other reasons to avoid touching doorknobs, as well as public toilets and handshakes? Again, cleanliness.

And my favorite, the hyperbolic combination of several:

>> An obsessive thought, for example, is to think that your family members might get hurt if they don’t put their clothing on in the exact same order every morning.
Give me a break. That's such a cliche.

Listing all those trivial and absurd things makes the writer sound like someone itching to commit anybody for the slightest thing. In general, people who aren't riddled with insecurity about themselves will colloquially toss around "my OCD this" or "my OCD that" as an acknowledgement that they put a lot of focus and care into things that others might not care so much about. And we all have such things. They're called interests and responsibilities. And it's all okay, at least up until it becomes detrimental to your life. The real problem is that everybody is so deadset on the boogeymen of "mental illness" and "disorder" these days that anything beyond the absolute base case of normal living scares people. I wouldn't worry about it. Everybody is a little weird and that's fine.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go flip my light switch 9 times or my favorite musician will die. :lol:
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:52 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:I never ssaw escape from new york though I relay want to but if a dvd of it excists it has to be rare I never saw it

Yeah, it exists, and it's not too expensive. I'm not sure what your DVD Region is, but here are a couple of links:

https://www.amazon.com/Escape-New-York- ... 00004Y87O/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Escape-New-Yor ... 07H54FKGN/
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:39 am

BuraddoRun wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:I never ssaw escape from new york though I relay want to but if a dvd of it excists it has to be rare I never saw it

Yeah, it exists, and it's not too expensive. I'm not sure what your DVD Region is, but here are a couple of links:

https://www.amazon.com/Escape-New-York- ... 00004Y87O/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Escape-New-Yor ... 07H54FKGN/
with shipping it is expensive lol 15 bucks might not seem as much to you but for me its a lot of money especialy for a dvd sure I get an hour and a half to 2 hours of fun from it but then what?

I just keep looking in used stores etc for it I gues
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby panzermanathod » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:00 am

fgsfds100 wrote: In general, people who aren't riddled with insecurity about themselves will colloquially toss around "my OCD this" or "my OCD that" as an acknowledgement that they put a lot of focus and care into things that others might not care so much about. And we all have such things. They're called interests and responsibilities. And it's all okay, at least up until it becomes detrimental to your life. The real problem is that everybody is so deadset on the boogeymen of "mental illness" and "disorder" these days that anything beyond the absolute base case of normal living scares people. I wouldn't worry about it. Everybody is a little weird and that's fine.

Isn't that that point of OCD? Not that one does those things listed, but does so to a point that it *is* detrimental to someone's life?

And as an aside I wouldn't call "mental illness" a boogeyman. There are people who *do* need to ensure mental wellness in themselves or someone they know lest they do something regrettable.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:01 pm

I'm not saying there aren't people who have serious levels of crazy.

What I'm saying is that "my OCD this/that" are tossed around so freely these days in place of just "my habits" and "my interests" that it has largely eclipsed the basket case level. "Mental illness" and "[xyz] disorder" are also tossed around too flippantly to be taken seriously. "That guy is sad because he had a bad day/week/month... DEPRESSION! MENTALLY ILL! GET THE MEDS!!!" It's reached the point of being trendy to have one, in the same sense that some young people brag about being "random", or accusing others of having one for being too into/concerned with something they aren't. But, despite all the shallow accusations, you'll get the occasional person who hasn't noticed the dilution of the meaning and gets all worried when they are even jokingly accused.

"Dude you're crazy" / "Are you crazy?"
"Oh... oh god, they think I'm crazy! AM I CRAZY?! I MIGHT BE CRAZY!!!" *panic panic*"
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Previous

Return to Limited Run Discussion