• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:24 am

So...

Since Jak & Daxter was first released LRG had been telling people that regardless of where they purchased the game from (LRG or 3rd Party) they would be eligible for the Jak 4 cover.

Guess what humongous 'fuck you' LRG gave to people in the last 24 hours?

You guessed it, ONLY those that purchased the games directly through LRG are now eligible.

So they have lied repeatedly to people who purchased the games and have just gave them all the middle finger.

Needless to say, people aren't happy

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 2269319168
Harshly_Blunt
True Believer

Postby Rhetorical » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:32 am

I am going to go ahead and guess LRG suddenly realised how much effort they would have to go through to find if people legitimately owned a copy.

It is a stretch but if you had friends who could borrow your 4 games and take photos themselves, LRG could have ended up printing more mock up Jak 4 cases, than even the first 4 games they had sold.

With that being said, the first Jak & Daxter game was sold on December 7th 2018, that is a long time for LRG to not realise the problem or worse still, perpetuate a lie.
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:39 pm

why are you surprised?

they lied dozens of times already asside from this and this game will be availieble on the site this friday I dont trust anything they say anymore
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:57 pm

LRG wrote:Contact Support via wherever the original discussion occurred (in this case, via Freshdesk) so that our support team can see the conversation history, and we'll see what we can do.

(For folks seeing this reply that have the same question, it also applies to you.)

At least there's some hope for those that asked about it in the past lol
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby bmcphail » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm

When did they specifically promise this? I recall they said they would look into it, but I don't recall them ever saying that anyone that bought on the aftermarket would definitely qualify. There was talk like that about the fullset vita game, but that was eased by the fact that they were supposedly pressing a lot of them and they would work down the list of people missing one then two, etc...
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby Soera » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Am I missing something or is this literally just a stupid case with a code inside?

Seems like its against everything LRG stands for to begin with.
Soera
Ultimate Fan

Postby bmcphail » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Soera wrote:Am I missing something or is this literally just a stupid case with a code inside?

Seems like its against everything LRG stands for to begin with.

Not sure I follow. They have sold empty cases before as part of CEs and otherwise. There is no fourth Jak and Daxter game, it was cancelled long ago. This is just a neat little gift promo that Sony got in on by also providing a code for a PS4 theme. There is literally nothing to put on disc.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:08 pm

I mean, it's a useless shelf decoration, but I think it's still a nifty thing for collectors. If I was a Jak fan, I'd probably like to have it. Plus, I think it looks cool. And honestly, the fact that Naughty Dog or Sony or whoever made an exclusive theme for it is pretty awesome

Last edited by BuraddoRun on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Cristian Nuno one of the people on twitter asked support about buying through eBay on the thread that was posted.

The redemption process has not been finalized, however, they have specifically stated that customers who purchased them via 3rd party will be eligible

That was an official response from LRG support.
They have now changed their minds on the last CE's day of sale.
They lied to at least 1 person for almost a year, and then told him the truth after he had spent $100's on their games.

I personally bought them all through LRG.
But many were told outright that if they bought the CE's through 3rd parties were eligible.
Now after it is all too late, the truth comes out.

I found at least 2 people on that thread that were told by LRG that they would be eligible buying through 3rd party sellers:
@HowdyDoo10
@shufflenuno
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby bmcphail » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 pm

Rhetorical wrote:Cristian Nuno one of the people on twitter asked support about buying through eBay on the thread that was posted.

The redemption process has not been finalized, however, they have specifically stated that customers who purchased them via 3rd party will be eligible

They lied to at least 1 person for almost a year, and then told him the truth after he had spent $100's on their games.

But many were told outright that if they bought the CE's through 3rd parties were eligible.

I found at least 2 people on that thread that were told by LRG that they would be eligible buying through 3rd party sellers:
@HowdyDoo10
@shufflenuno

Yes and LRG Twitter tweeted this earlier "Contact Support via wherever the original discussion occurred (in this case, via Freshdesk) so that our support team can see the conversation history, and we'll see what we can do.
(For folks seeing this reply that have the same question, it also applies to you.)" Considering they never made a public announcement of this entitlement for non-LRG purchases and the only people who were told that were some that asked customer service directly, that seems like a reasonable response. I swear, every little drama becomes a giant crisis on here. I mean this literally doesn't impact you in any way and they are addressing the people that it does individually.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:03 am

bmcphail wrote:
Rhetorical wrote:Cristian Nuno one of the people on twitter asked support about buying through eBay on the thread that was posted.

@HowdyDoo10
@shufflenuno

Yes and LRG Twitter tweeted this earlier "Contact Support via wherever the original discussion occurred (in this case, via Freshdesk) so that our support team can see the conversation history, and we'll see what we can do.
(For folks seeing this reply that have the same question, it also applies to you.)" Considering they never made a public announcement of this entitlement for non-LRG purchases and the only people who were told that were some that asked customer service directly, that seems like a reasonable response. I swear, every little drama becomes a giant crisis on here. I mean this literally doesn't impact you in any way and they are addressing the people that it does individually.
we see what we cna do isnt a promise though they Made a promisse now they have to do a lot of extra stuff and even then they arent certain to get anything.

its just damage controll and I doubt they will do anything for them at least this way it seems like they do
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 am

bmcphail wrote: I swear, every little drama becomes a giant crisis on here. I mean this literally doesn't impact you in any way and they are addressing the people that it does individually.

I do not understand your meaning?
If something does not impact me i can not have an opinion about it?

Does this mean that sites like change.org and other petition sites should not exist because people who are not impacted by the subject can sign it?
I am afraid i could not disagree more.

Does the Jak 4 cover impact you in any way?
If not then why are you joining a discussion that does not impact you?

I am sorry
But i do not understand your reasoning.

Going back to the topic, LRG also addressed people publicly on twitter and it does not seem fair to me that 2 different people purchased some of the games on eBay and the rest on LRG's site in the same way and are being treated differently.
Some they have said 'contact us and we will sort this out'
And others have been told outright, No, you will not get the Jak 4 box.
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby VoltronsGrundle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Rhetorical wrote:
bmcphail wrote: I swear, every little drama becomes a giant crisis on here. I mean this literally doesn't impact you in any way and they are addressing the people that it does individually.

If something does not impact me i can not have an opinion?

Yes. Thats EXACTLY what bMcFail means. LRG dissenters are not welcome here.

Man, I havent visited or commented here in months. Its nice to see that the captain of the LRGDF is still carrying that flag. He really should be on their payroll lol.
Defender of the Universe
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm

VoltronsGrundle wrote:
Rhetorical wrote:

If something does not impact me i can not have an opinion?

Yes. Thats EXACTLY what bMcFail means. LRG dissenters are not welcome here.

Man, I havent visited or commented here in months. Its nice to see that the captain of the LRGDF is still carrying that flag. He really should be on their payroll lol.
maybe he is and we just dont know
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:30 pm

LRG posted some details about the case and its expected arrival time. Also, they are making exceptions to the "buy all from us" rule, allowing customers who ordered at least 3 of the 4 titles to still get the case if they got one of the games from another source. Details at the link:

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/ ... se-details
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 am

Did anyone else buy all four directly from LRG?
I didn't get an email, so I sent in a Freshdesk request yesterday.

I find it a bit interesting how hidden that blog post is, as had Buraddo not linked it I would've guessed the whole case thing was further into the future. Not sure if " Please note that you’ll have until December 2nd to submit your ticket with LRG Support." only applies to those appealing for scalper purchases or people like me who haven't recieved the email, but glad I managed to get a ticket sent in any case.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Mail187man » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:38 am

I did not see an e-mail and I ordered all 4 through LRG. I just sent a ticket this morning, so I hope I am not too late.
Mail187man
I want to believe

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:59 am

Mail187man wrote:I did not see an e-mail and I ordered all 4 through LRG. I just sent a ticket this morning, so I hope I am not too late.
I doubt they will be too hard on this so I wouldnt worry too much
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby LimitedRunDouglas » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am

We should have some extras for anyone who hasn't been contacted or has something weird like an order on a guest account, etc.
Limited Run's Uncle

LimitedRunDouglas
Founder

Postby Mail187man » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Okay that is cool. Thank you for the updates guys.
Mail187man
I want to believe

Postby Rhetorical » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm

LimitedRunDouglas wrote:We should have some extras for anyone who hasn't been contacted or has something weird like an order on a guest account, etc.

This is good to hear.
I hope that this gets resolved in a way that suits more people.
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby thegrifter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm

FoP wrote:Did anyone else buy all four directly from LRG?
I didn't get an email, so I sent in a Freshdesk request yesterday.

I find it a bit interesting how hidden that blog post is, as had Buraddo not linked it I would've guessed the whole case thing was further into the future. Not sure if " Please note that you’ll have until December 2nd to submit your ticket with LRG Support." only applies to those appealing for scalper purchases or people like me who haven't recieved the email, but glad I managed to get a ticket sent in any case.

Am in the same boat, has me worried since another batch of emails went out today I guess, and I still haven't received one ha!
thegrifter
Physical Warrior

Postby stordoff » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 pm

I've had an email saying I'm not eligible, despite buying all four from LRG (I've emailed back with order numbers):

LRG wrote:If you are receiving this email, you have purchased at least one of the Jak and Daxter titles without having purchased all four on the same account. At this time, you do not qualify for the Jak 4 mock case.
stordoff
I want to believe

Postby FoP » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:36 am

thegrifter wrote:Am in the same boat, has me worried since another batch of emails went out today I guess, and I still haven't received one ha!

I'm not sure if the second batch of emails were only sent out to people who had a ticket open for it. My subject line shows as "RE: Jak IV case", which indicates it's a reply to the ticket. Though it's a mass reply.
If the batch of emails you mention is from the new sweep of order checks, then I'm a bit worried too.

For those interested, this is what the mail states:

LRG Support wrote:Good afternoon!
My apologies for the delay.

We have identified that an issue that occurred when we pulled Jak orders from Shopify to verify customer eligibility for the Jak 4 Mock Case resulting in some information not pulling over. We are going through and re-processing that information using a different method which should catch any orders that didn't get counted originally.

If you have all four games purchased on the same account (whether you have already received an email or not at this time), you will receive a new email when that data gets reprocessed.

If you have games purchased via multiple accounts, please respond to this ticket "Jak Account Issue" and we'll get that resolved as soon as possible.

If you have one of the four titles purchased via a 3rd party source, we are looking into what we can do to verify those purchases. If you haven't already attach the original order number or proof of purchase to your ticket and respond "Jak 3rd Party" and we'll get that looked into as soon as possible.

No matter what, we will make sure that everyone who should qualify gets their item. We appreciate your patience!

*Please note this is a bulk auto-response so that we can get everyone's' issues resolved asap! If you have multiple tickets open for this issue, you may receive this more than once. Please update one ticket only if applicable.

I'm in the first category; all games purchased through LRG, on the same account.
I did change address between the first and last run though, so I'm thinking if it has something to do with it. Or that Jak 2 is still held up in a combined order with Celeste. Those are the only two possibilities I see that could lead to my situation being a bit "unique".

stordoff wrote:I've had an email saying I'm not eligible, despite buying all four from LRG (I've emailed back with order numbers):

LRG wrote:If you are receiving this email, you have purchased at least one of the Jak and Daxter titles without having purchased all four on the same account. At this time, you do not qualify for the Jak 4 mock case.

Did you use different accounts, or are they wrong about that?
Nonetheless, according to the email I quoted above, it really sounds like their intention was to solve it somehow, so that's quite odd. I wonder how many Jak IV cases they're ordering? It sounds on the wording ("At this time") they're going through so that people who bought all four through LRG on the same account has priority. Then those with different/guest accounts. Then people who bought second hand. Something like that... though that still makes it strange why they didn't manage to pull my data.

EDIT:
Ok, they're really botching this! :lol:
Just found this on LRGSuppport Twitter:

"If you just received an email stating you DID NOT qualify for the Jak 4 case, disregard. The wrong draft was used in the mail merge. Followup emails are being sent."
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am

FoP wrote:
EDIT:
Ok, they're really botching this! :lol:
Just found this on LRGSuppport Twitter:

"If you just received an email stating you DID NOT qualify for the Jak 4 case, disregard. The wrong draft was used in the mail merge. Followup emails are being sent."

I was just going to post this.

That's a classic LRG move, lol Those drafts give them more problems than anything.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am

dafts*
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:27 pm

lrg realy need to do something about this it happens too often

its hardly an incident anymore at this point
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Mail187man » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 pm

I also got the e-mail that said I wasn't getting one and grabbed my old order numbers and sent in a ticket. I figured it was some mistake so I just kind of laughed when I read what the deal was just now.
Mail187man
I want to believe

Postby FoP » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:24 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:lrg realy need to do something about this it happens too often
its hardly an incident anymore at this point

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking too.
When you've done a mistake like that, you tend to begin double-checking so it won't happen again, but now it feels like drafts and copypaste errors are happening again, and again, and again...
Also, while it'd be more understandable for a small company to have an error like that, LRG is a bit too big for it to happen that often.

However, in this particular case I don't really mind it too much as the work and inconvenience is more on them than the customer. :D
Sure, many people has taken time to write in support tickets and causing a bit of "worry", but the workload of sorting through those tickets is on LRG, and most likely no customer will be affected by this in the end.

EDIT: Affected by this particular problem with them pulling orders, I mean. Those who are, by no questions asked, eligible for the cover by buying all four directly from LRG. The old problem with the promises given for people buying from scalpers being promised more, that still stands.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Pudjay1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:39 pm

I got the email saying that I didn’t qualify for the mock case and went crazy. Then I saw the follow up email and I calmed down a bit.

Hopefully LRG will keep their promises to people who got their games from alternative sources.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Return to Limited Run Discussion