• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby jrmann33 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:17 am

I just thought it would be nice to talk about Black Friday deals, what you plan to pick up, and what you ultimately do end up getting.

As of this posting I believe Best Buy and Target have released their ads.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby thegrifter » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:42 pm

My black Friday schedule usually involves going to Best Buy, Target, Game Stop, and Walmart in that order.

Usually pick up a few games and movies at each store.
This year I gotta make sure I get another external hard-drive though, since mine filled up. Anyone know the best store to get one cheapest?
I'm thinking about also getting a new tv this year, but that depends on money.
thegrifter
True Believer

Postby hithereguy2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm

I’ll be picking up Shenmue 3 from Best Buy because it’ll be on sale for $34.99

https://bestblackfriday.com/ads/best-bu ... 42#ad_view

It possibly might even come with the steelbook since Best Buy tends to have leftovers
hithereguy2
I want to believe

Postby blckman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:50 pm

I was going to start this thread a while back. Bestbuy's Black Friday ad is live about a week-and-a-half ago. That's including other retailers. They seem to have the best ad other than Walmart. Target's ad sucks for video games I suppose from what I witnessed. Blackfriday.com is the official site for ads for the last six or seven years. Also try slickdeals for video games as well. Just categorize the search by video games. Here comes the goodness. Play-asia is live with all of their Black Friday sales as of 11/11/19. Let's go everyone: https://www.play-asia.com/info/BLACKFRIDAYsale2019. Happy shopping and gaming as usual. :D
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 pm

blckman wrote:I was going to start this thread a while back. Bestbuy's Black Friday ad is live about a week-and-a-half ago. That's including other retailers. They seem to have the best ad other than Walmart. Target's ad sucks for video games I suppose from what I witnessed. Blackfriday.com is the official site for ads for the last six or seven years. Also try slickdeals for video games as well. Just categorize the search by video games. Here comes the goodness. Play-asia is live with all of their Black Friday sales as of 11/11/19. Let's go everyone: https://www.play-asia.com/info/BLACKFRIDAYsale2019. Happy shopping and gaming as usual. :D

This is terrible news for my bank account haha
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby jrmann33 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Best Buy is looking to get majority of my money as of now. Gamestop hasn't released their ad yet as of this posting.

BB- Days Gone 20, Devil May Cry 5 is 15, Collection of Mana is 20, Sekiro for 25, and the new side scrolling Yooka Laylee wilk be 20. That is my plan for BB I think.

Anybody see any deals on 2ds systems? I was really hoping this would be the last hurrah for them and maybe have them for 39.99 or 49.99. I have a 4 year old that would do well to have a system like that still vs a 200 dollar Switch Lite.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby kube00 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Probably go to Target and GS. Online shop from BB and Amazon. My local Best Buy is terrible for BF

Working on a game list right now, Cheapassgamer has a nice master thread and spreadsheet
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/370 ... iscussion/
Co-Founder of http://www.the-gamers-lounge.com/
Former EIC of Goozernation.com
kube00
Physical Champion

Postby kupomogli » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:28 am

Best Buy has an amazing line up of games. Too bad I own many of them, however I'll be picking up

Persona Q2 $25
Etrian Odyssey Nexus $25
Sekiro $25
Judgement $25
Red Dead Redemption 2 $25
Dragon Quest Builders 2 $25
Collection of Mana $20
DMC5 $15
Man of Medan $15

The line up of games is pretty amazing, sadly there's so many games that I have. The $10 games, I have literally everything on PS4 except for Anthem and God of War 3(have the PS3 game already though and not much of a fan.)
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:58 pm

I have to work, unfortunately, so I probably won't be going out to buy much. I may take advantage of some online deals, though.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby jrmann33 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:24 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:I have to work, unfortunately, so I probably won't be going out to buy much. I may take advantage of some online deals, though.

I think everything should be available online that has been advertised especially Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. I haven't gone out to fight for in-person deals at least for 2 years. A lot of them (except for Walmart I think) offer free shipping too. Correct me if I am wrong. Still wondering if Gamestop will have anything noteworthy as far as deals. Might take advantages of buy 2 get 1 if we can expect that like the last several years.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby revan193 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:47 pm

None of the stores in my country do "Black Friday" sales, so I do everything online with websites like Play-Asia or Limited Run Games.

By the way, do you know when they will do their sale again? Or they do not have enough leftover games for that?
revan193
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:48 pm

jrmann33 wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:I have to work, unfortunately, so I probably won't be going out to buy much. I may take advantage of some online deals, though.

I think everything should be available online that has been advertised especially Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. I haven't gone out to fight for in-person deals at least for 2 years. A lot of them (except for Walmart I think) offer free shipping too. Correct me if I am wrong. Still wondering if Gamestop will have anything noteworthy as far as deals. Might take advantages of buy 2 get 1 if we can expect that like the last several years.

That's a good point. My brain tries to disconnect the Black Friday retail rush from the online deals, but major retailers should have both equally. I need to make a shopping list.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:44 am

To be fair, they used to be disconnected, in that there was Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Return to General Discussions