• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 am

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seGW4vdfL7A

Well, this certainly looks cool. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay looks fun. I'm not huge on the religious imagery/theme, but you all know I love Dark Souls, and this is apparently very lore-driven, just like that series is. I'll mark it as a maybe, but I think it will be a quick seller for LRG.

Oh yeah, there will be a CE, too (who expected there NOT to be?):

BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:06 am

I'm disappointed that LRG is releasing this now. The game is far from finished. So much for physical preservation.

I tweeted as much on Twitter, and the developers (who replied) seem completely oblivious to this. Yes, I know we can download patches to update the game when new content is released. That's not the point!
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am

Is there new content yet to be released?
If so will it be on the disc?
Are there better pictures of the statue?

If someone could ask LRG on their Discord i would greatly appreciate this.
Thank You
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby mikeysee » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:13 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I'm disappointed that LRG is releasing this now. The game is far from finished. So much for physical preservation.

I tweeted as much on Twitter, and the developers (who replied) seem completely oblivious to this. Yes, I know we can download patches to update the game when new content is released. That's not the point!

Can you expand on this thought? This looks like a "buy" but if it's not finished I'll pass.
mikeysee
Physical Champion

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:22 pm

I was speaking from public knowledge I read on another message board after I expressed my surprise, but I've now looked it up.

Apparently the game had its fair share of bugs when it was released. A first patch fixing the worst of them was released in late September for Steam, and this may be the same patch that was released for the Switch in mid-October. The second patch will fix the "not so critical issues", but that still hasn't been released for either platform.

They're also preparing another patch that "will focus on quality of life features and adjustments with our future content updates further expanding the world of Cvstodia and Blasphemous".

Source for patch contents and future plans: Steam post
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby jrmann33 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:15 pm

mikeysee wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:I'm disappointed that LRG is releasing this now. The game is far from finished. So much for physical preservation.

Can you expand on this thought? This looks like a "buy" but if it's not finished I'll pass.

They are just saying games like Celeste and A Hat in Time (Cuphead another good example- still waiting for it physically but will prob come) waited at least a year or two after digital release to put all the dlc and updates on the disc before it was printed. Blasphemous has only been out digitally for a few months not long at all.

Shovel Knight is another example. Original physical release years ago has expanded a lot digitally and now I think Yacht Club is releasing an evolved physical release of Shovel Knight complete.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:56 pm

This pushes the game solidly into the "no buy" category for me, then.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby mikeysee » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 am

BenoitRen wrote:I was speaking from public knowledge I read on another message board after I expressed my surprise, but I've now looked it up.

Apparently the game had its fair share of bugs when it was released. A first patch fixing the worst of them was released in late September for Steam, and this may be the same patch that was released for the Switch in mid-October. The second patch will fix the "not so critical issues", but that still hasn't been released for either platform.

They're also preparing another patch that "will focus on quality of life features and adjustments with our future content updates further expanding the world of Cvstodia and Blasphemous".

Source for patch contents and future plans: Steam post

Cool, thank you for the info. That's a pass then! Too bad, it looks very interesting.
mikeysee
Physical Champion

Postby Sverd » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Can confirm this game is FAR from being finished. It has a TON of tiny issues. Nothing game breaking(at least from what I experienced) but so many tiny bugs that are annoying and not worthy of being on a "final" release. This screams "hurry let's sell it asap while we have the rights!!". :evil:
Sverd
Physical Champion

Postby kupomogli » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 pm

That sucks, I've really wanted to get this one as well, I may still purchase it but all the comments here take away a lot of my interest and make me a lot more wary.
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:26 am

I think the best analogy for the state of Blasphemous right now would be to compare it to something like Dark Souls or Darkest Dungeon in terms of patches/future dlc and new content. I'd only recommend buying this release if you REALLY want to play Blasphemous asap, otherwise the game is probably only 60-70% complete from what it'll end up looking like 12-16 months from now and there'll undoubtably be a Playstation 5 physical Complete Edition.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby Pudjay1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:18 pm

So I see that Jak X is getting a release on the same day.

Am I right in thinking that if you ordered all the previous Jak games and order Jak X that you get bonus in the form of a slip case for your games, or was this offer only open for people who ordered the LE?

I remember something being mentioned when they announced the first Jak game.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Pudjay1 wrote:So I see that Jak X is getting a release on the same day.

Am I right in thinking that if you ordered all the previous Jak games and order Jak X that you get bonus in the form of a slip case for your games, or was this offer only open for people who ordered the LE?

I remember something being mentioned when they announced the first Jak game.

I think it is only for people who bought all of the LE's
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby Sverd » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Reminder that if we don't get an update from LRG, I wouldn't bet on them waiting for not only the bug fixes but also all the planned future content taken from the game kickstarter page: boss rush, ng+, hard mode, weekly challenges, etc. None of these are yet in the game. This is way too soon and the LRG staff seem clueless about all of this. They had one job...
Sverd
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Sverd wrote:Reminder that if we don't get an update from LRG, I wouldn't bet on them waiting for not only the bug fixes but also all the planned future content taken from the game kickstarter page: boss rush, ng+, hard mode, weekly challenges, etc. None of these are yet in the game. This is way too soon and the LRG staff seem clueless about all of this. They had one job...

The page says that it will not start shipping until 1-3 months after sales are over.
I hope LRG see the light and at the very least put all of the patches on the disc in those 1-3 months.
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Rhetorical wrote:
Sverd wrote:Reminder that if we don't get an update from LRG, I wouldn't bet on them waiting for not only the bug fixes but also all the planned future content taken from the game kickstarter page: boss rush, ng+, hard mode, weekly challenges, etc. None of these are yet in the game. This is way too soon and the LRG staff seem clueless about all of this. They had one job...

The page says that it will not start shipping until 1-3 months after sales are over.
I hope LRG see the light and at the very least put all of the patches on the disc in those 1-3 months.

They most likely won't. Remember that it takes time to manufacture discs. They have to send a build to Don't. Once they send it, it will be whatever it's available at that time, not what comes out 1-2 months from now.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am

I could live without the extra modes like New Game+, Boss Rush, Weekly Challenges, etc., but the bug fixes are critical.

We still have time until the end of the month to make a final decision, though. Let's see what happens.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:05 am

Anyone else noticed that the PS4 version of Blasphemous said $29.99 until pretty much just about when it went live? I skipped it today, haven't decided if I want it on Switch or PS4 yet, if it's on Switch I can easier neglect if there's any future DLC while on PS4 it sucks if there's one with additional trophies.

I saw it was lower for most part of the game, but when I came back to the store after checking out it had been changed to match the Switch price at $34.99.
SLG doesn't do it, Red Art doesn't do it, most retail publishers/sellers don't do it, but hey price parity with Switch it's tha thing!
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Pudjay1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 am

FoP wrote:Anyone else noticed that the PS4 version of Blasphemous said $29.99 until pretty much just about when it went live? I skipped it today, haven't decided if I want it on Switch or PS4 yet, if it's on Switch I can easier neglect if there's any future DLC while on PS4 it sucks if there's one with additional trophies.

I saw it was lower for most part of the game, but when I came back to the store after checking out it had been changed to match the Switch price at $34.99.
SLG doesn't do it, Red Art doesn't do it, most retail publishers/sellers don't do it, but hey price parity with Switch it's tha thing!

I noticed that too and could have swore that It was listed as $30 when I last checked. I picked it up on PS4 though as I’m not a Switch collector.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:12 am

Pudjay1 wrote:
FoP wrote:Anyone else noticed that the PS4 version of Blasphemous said $29.99 until pretty much just about when it went live? I skipped it today, haven't decided if I want it on Switch or PS4 yet, if it's on Switch I can easier neglect if there's any future DLC while on PS4 it sucks if there's one with additional trophies.

I noticed that too and could have swore that It was listed as $30 when I last checked. I picked it up on PS4 though as I’m not a Switch collector.

I did find it unusual that i was logged out approximately 5 minutes before everything went live.
I assume now that it is because they were changing the Blasphemous standard price.
Utterly shameful!
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby Pudjay1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am

I just checked the email I got to say the games were live and it’s listed as $29.99. To change the price just before going live is pretty shady. A few people had contacted them on Twitter asking why, but they’re silent at the moment.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:38 am

Pudjay1 wrote:I just checked the email I got to say the games were live and it’s listed as $29.99. To change the price just before going live is pretty shady. A few people had contacted them on Twitter asking why, but they’re silent at the moment.

They probably won't respond either, the LRG of today are just as bad if not worse than companies like EA/Acti etc
Harshly_Blunt
I want to believe

Postby StormJumper » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:50 am

Pudjay1 wrote:I just checked the email I got to say the games were live and it’s listed as $29.99. To change the price just before going live is pretty shady. A few people had contacted them on Twitter asking why, but they’re silent at the moment.

You have to provide a screenshot of the price your referring to if you want to verify that price. This is the best way to verify if there something going on there.

Harshly_Blunt wrote:

They probably won't respond either, the LRG of today are just as bad if not worse than companies like EA/Acti etc

That's some mighty big stretch going on here. LRG has a better reputation then EA/Acti etc at this point. If your saying what your saying show some verified links and story for the rest of us to read to verify this legitimacy your taking about.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:01 am

StormJumper wrote:That's some mighty big stretch going on here. LRG has a better reputation then EA/Acti etc at this point. If your saying what your saying show some verified links and story for the rest of us to read to verify this legitimacy your taking about.

Not really, LRG have acted like assholes towards myself, so from my experience they're worse. EA customer support for me has been great.

Are you going to completely forget the blatant lies, stealth price changes, banning of people etc etc there's a long shit list they have.

oh and
Attachments
blas.png
blas.png (85.51 KiB) Viewed 114 times
Harshly_Blunt
I want to believe

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:36 am

Meanwhile... the new kids on the block are being very upfront.
Attachments
HCG-postage-error-small.png
HCG-postage-error-small.png (102.78 KiB) Viewed 106 times
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Sverd » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:50 am

Damn this is not looking good for LRG. Staying the hell away from Blasphemous like it's the plague.
Sverd
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Sverd wrote:Damn this is not looking good for LRG. Staying the hell away from Blasphemous like it's the plague.

Lol yeah, I don't what's the deal with this game, but some things aren't adding up for its release.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Soera » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Perfect timing for me to gtfo of the system. :D
Soera
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Since we're in the drama posting mood, I'll add to the fire.

The CE of Blasphemous did not have a limit at the AM sale, so of course it sold out quick and people on Twitter were upset about the "catering to scalpers." Now for the PM batch there's a limit: 2 per customer. :?

But hey, I'm not buying it, so 8-)
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:49 pm

Still meanwhile... I already got a shipping confirmation from HCG for The Bridge. Ordered, partially refunded for erroneous shipping cost, and shipped, all on the same day.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Next

Return to Limited Run Discussion