• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:14 am

I'm pretty sure everyone knows already but just in case, this one's for sale on Friday:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKeG4xRBzA

Eh, I'll probably skip it. But maybe I'll change my mind. I like that there's a bunch of characters, but do they all have unique abilities and attacks?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Hey, this is the one that has Ryuji Sasai as its composer! He composed the music of SaGa III (Final Fantasy Legend III) and Rudra no Hihou, and co-composed Final Fantasy USA (Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest / Mystic Quest Legend).
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:16 pm

I'm still really bummed that this one in particular isn't being released on Vita. Given it's digital release date on Vita, it's very possible it was among the Kemco RPGs LRG could've released on Vita but chose to cancel in favor of physical runs of other Vita games. And I see the cancelled Kemco releases tax continues to be applied.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:42 am

BenoitRen wrote:Hey, this is the one that has Ryuji Sasai as its composer! He composed the music of SaGa III (Final Fantasy Legend III) and Rudra no Hihou, and co-composed Final Fantasy USA (Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest / Mystic Quest Legend).

Did he compose music for many tracks in the game, or is it like how Fairy Fencer F tried to heavily push how Nobuo Uematsu composed music for that game while it was just two songs or something like that? :D

Aggie Tsubi wrote:And I see the cancelled Kemco releases tax continues to be applied.

At least they didn't raise the price of Marenian Tavern Story, it is $19.99 digitally so that one was right to be $29.99.
So I'm still having some hope that maybe the price will go back down for others that weren't in the time span that they had to be axed, but maybe that's a bit naive of me...
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:13 am

AFAIK, Sasai composed the entire soundtrack for Alvastia. I'm also not aware of LRG making any mention of Sasai. He's not well-known like Uematsu, so I wouldn't be surprised if the LRG guys don't even know what else Sasai has done. But Kemco's own trailer mentions Sasai, and I don't think trailers for Kemco's RPGs usually list the composer. Alvastia is probably the first Kemco RPG to have a composer with a notable body of work.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby azagrial » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:40 am

This will be released for Switch later most likely? Gonna skip this and buy the Switch version when and if its released.
azagrial
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:03 am

First time I ever managed to order a Mega Bundle. Had to skip Thea however, hopefully some copies end up being sold after the cut off date like Fairy Fencer F.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 am

Purchased Alvastia and skipped Polybius.
Polybius looks entertaining but not something i would be interested keeping physically.
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Return to Limited Run Discussion