• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby fgsfds100 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:20 am

mr. Hyde wrote:
fgsfds100 wrote:The PAX variant of Rabi-Ribi was said to be 600 copies for each platform but the website had like 300 of each on sale later. Yes, it sold out really fast on the site, but the fact that it made it there at all, despite the pessimistic predictions of some people, is noteworthy.
how did you get the idea they ahd 300 rabi ribi up the site? pretty sure it where less then 50

Because on that day, after I bought both myself, 1 for PS4 and 1 for PSV, I refreshed the pages.
The Vita version then said sold out but the PS4 version still had about 280 copies according to source code, but said sold out after refreshing once more.

And before you say EEHHHH I AINT CAER ABOTU PS4, I know you have your blinders on to anything without "Vita" on the label, but please remember that other things exist and others care.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:33 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
fgsfds100 wrote:The PAX variant of Rabi-Ribi was said to be 600 copies for each platform but the website had like 300 of each on sale later. Yes, it sold out really fast on the site, but the fact that it made it there at all, despite the pessimistic predictions of some people, is noteworthy.
how did you get the idea they ahd 300 rabi ribi up the site? pretty sure it where less then 50

Because on that day, after I bought both myself, 1 for PS4 and 1 for PSV, I refreshed the pages.
The Vita version then said sold out but the PS4 version still had about 280 copies according to source code, but said sold out after refreshing once more.

And before you say EEHHHH I AINT CAER ABOTU PS4, I know you have your blinders on to anything without "Vita" on the label, but please remember that other things exist and others care.
lol didnt even know they also had ps4 versions of it I generaly thought you meant vita ones:P

but thats not too surprising I mean ps4 games have not been selling well for a while here anyway
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Sad to hear so many of you are unable to go. I mean, obviously I wouldn't expect anyone to travel from overseas, but for those of us in the US, I am shocked to see so few of you willing/able to attend. It's about an 8-hour driver for me, but I didn't hesitate for a moment. Already got my hotel room booked! So, by my count, I apparently need to pick up about 12 copies of Revenge of the Bird King. Is that right? :lol:

Oh! Did anyone hear that they are going to be selling the long-promised 32X variant for Night Trap there? In addition, the PAX South exclusive variant of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon will be available there ahead of the convention? I don't think I'll be double-dipping on another copy of the latter, but I will seriously consider getting the former.

Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Tekkaman wrote:Sad to hear so many of you are unable to go. I mean, obviously I wouldn't expect anyone to travel from overseas, but for those of us in the US, I am shocked to see so few of you willing/able to attend. It's about an 8-hour driver for me, but I didn't hesitate for a moment. Already got my hotel room booked! So, by my count, I apparently need to pick up about 12 copies of Revenge of the Bird King. Is that right? :lol:

Oh! Did anyone hear that they are going to be selling the long-promised 32X variant for Night Trap there? In addition, the PAX South exclusive variant of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon will be available there ahead of the convention? I don't think I'll be double-dipping on another copy of the latter, but I will seriously consider getting the former.

what did you expect? not everyone has a few hundred bucks to spend just to attend
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:12 pm

If I had the chance, I would go just to see if I could pick copies of Bloodstained and Metal Slug 3, which I missed.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby bmcphail » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Tekkaman wrote:Sad to hear so many of you are unable to go. I mean, obviously I wouldn't expect anyone to travel from overseas, but for those of us in the US, I am shocked to see so few of you willing/able to attend. It's about an 8-hour driver for me, but I didn't hesitate for a moment. Already got my hotel room booked! So, by my count, I apparently need to pick up about 12 copies of Revenge of the Bird King. Is that right? :lol:

Honestly, unless you live within a couple of hours of this event, it seems crazy to go, especially given than it's the weekend before Thanksgiving. I mean, an 8 hour drive for the possibility of buying a couple of cover variants and maybe some damaged stuff? What kind of gas mileage do you get? Are you going to have to pay for a hotel? I like LRG and their products, but I don't get the excitement about this event unless you really are a local.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:04 pm

I did make a topic about this
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby Zee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 pm

I RSVP for the hell of it, I'll be there in spirit :lol:
One thing I hate is.....
Zee
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

Oh man, I just read there's a Pop-Up-Shop-Up trading card, that's something I would like to have.

Nice to see that the trading card vending machine will be there too! As well as a space for trades.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby kazumn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Man i'd love to attend and hang out with some of you guys but it's impossible to book and plan something on such a short notice if i had an extra month or two to arrange everithing i'd be crazy enough to fly over and couple it with an extra week of vacation in the usa.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:24 am

Tekkaman wrote:So, by my count, I apparently need to pick up about 12 copies of Revenge of the Bird King. Is that right? :lol:

+1 for me too if they'd even allow attendees to buy more than one.

Also the Bloodstained variant (PS4).
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Patr0n » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:06 am

Tekkaman wrote:So, by my count, I apparently need to pick up about 12 copies of Revenge of the Bird King. Is that right?

I have already sent you a PM, but I thought it would not hurt to mention it in this thread again. I’d also be interested in a copy of Bird King & Bloodstained: COTM Pax Variant. =)

In the PM I forgot to mention that I live in the EU. I hope that is not a problem and of course I’m aware of the higher shipping costs. =)
Patr0n
Physical Champion

Postby Mail187man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:55 pm

I think this is only my 3rd post here ever, as I usually just lurk for release info. I will be attending the Pop-Up Shop and staying at the Best Western in Cary NC. I am from MA and normally visit the LRG Booth at PAX East each year, and have been ordering since 2016. There is a very good chance I'm rolling solo to this event, so maybe I'll see some of you there to talk games or grab lunch (or both). I'll be arriving Friday and leaving Sunday, and other than hitting the Pop-Up (possibly both days) I have no other plans while I am there. Wasn't sure how many members here are going, but figured this would be a great place to start in case I do end up going solo. My main mission is for Night Trap 32x, Bloodstained, and Bird King while I am there, and hopefully can get some other cool stuff to make the 11 hour trip more worth it (it's worth it just to get away either way for me, but you know what I mean).
Mail187man
I want to believe

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:20 pm

kazumn wrote:Man i'd love to attend and hang out with some of you guys but it's impossible to book and plan something on such a short notice if i had an extra month or two to arrange everithing i'd be crazy enough to fly over and couple it with an extra week of vacation in the usa.

It would be cool if the forumers here planned an event to try an attend and meet up one day. I can't make this one due to work, but if I had enough time to plan, I could go to NC or another location. Maybe PAX, one year? Those have planned dates. I know it's a lot tougher for those of us living outside of the U.S. but I think it'd definitely be an awesome trip to not only visit an LRG booth or a gaming convention, but to meet a lot of forumers face to face! Maybe one day we can try to plan for it and a few of us can do that.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:16 am

mr. Hyde wrote:what did you expect? not everyone has a few hundred bucks to spend just to attend

Considering the effort everyone puts forth for LRG's releases, the Blind Boxes and semi-annual back stock sales, I just assumed more people than just me would drop everything and make the effort to attend in the hope of snagging a grail or just socializing with fellow fans and the LRG staff.

bmcphail wrote:Honestly, unless you live within a couple of hours of this event, it seems crazy to go, especially given than it's the weekend before Thanksgiving. I mean, an 8 hour drive for the possibility of buying a couple of cover variants and maybe some damaged stuff? What kind of gas mileage do you get? Are you going to have to pay for a hotel? I like LRG and their products, but I don't get the excitement about this event unless you really are a local.

As I mentioned above, it's also for the chance at obtaining one of their mystery back stock items, socializing with fellow fans and meeting/getting photos with and autographs from the LRG staff. My gas mileage is decent; about 30-35 mpg. I have a hotel for around $50/night. Ever since the first whispers of them considering doing something like this, I was totally down to go. Heck, I've debated just driving up to their office and seeing if I could get a tour. This event is even better, so what's not to be excited about?

Rhetorical wrote:I did make a topic about this

Oops! Honestly, I checked back about three pages and even tried to search for a pre-existing thread. My bad!

fgsfds100 wrote:+1 for me too if they'd even allow attendees to buy more than one.
Also the Bloodstained variant (PS4).

As far as I am aware, both will be limited to one per person. Also, Bird King will presumably be sold for $60. I'll have a decent chunk of cash, but not so much that I can absorb the cost of picking up extra games for people who can't make it. My comment about buying twelve of them was just a joke based on how many people were saying they wanted one. I am sorry if I mislead you.

Patr0n wrote:I have already sent you a PM, but I thought it would not hurt to mention it in this thread again. I’d also be interested in a copy of Bird King & Bloodstained: COTM Pax Variant. =)
In the PM I forgot to mention that I live in the EU. I hope that is not a problem and of course I’m aware of the higher shipping costs. =)

As I mentioned above in response to fgsfds100, my comment was just a joke. I seriously doubt I will be able to buy two copies let alone twelve. My apologies for getting your hopes up.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby bmcphail » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 am

Tekkaman wrote:As I mentioned above, it's also for the chance at obtaining one of their mystery back stock items, socializing with fellow fans and meeting/getting photos with and autographs from the LRG staff. My gas mileage is decent; about 30-35 mpg. I have a hotel for around $50/night. Ever since the first whispers of them considering doing something like this, I was totally down to go. Heck, I've debated just driving up to their office and seeing if I could get a tour. This event is even better, so what's not to be excited about?

Sure, but those back stock items are all damaged. It's cool to go to gaming events and meet other fans and companies, but this just feels too limited and specific unlike an event like PAX or PRGE where there are many vendors, fans and companies to interact with. I don't mean to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but didn't you mention in your post a couple of weeks ago that you had some financial issues? This seems like a really bad use of time and money unless you are actually in the local area.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 am

I wouldnt even wanna go there as a fan just as a customer maybe if it was possible but if I would wnat to go I would need to pay a few 1000 probatly to get there.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Tekkaman wrote:Also, Bird King will presumably be sold for $60. I'll have a decent chunk of cash, but not so much that I can absorb the cost of picking up extra games for people who can't make it. My comment about buying twelve of them was just a joke based on how many people were saying they wanted one. I am sorry if I mislead you.

I figured but went for it anyway lol. No big deal. They'll probably cave eventually and put it up for sale online at some point.

It's never been a major game I "had" to have, it would just go nice with Gunworld.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mikeysee » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Tekkaman wrote:As I mentioned above, it's also for the chance at obtaining one of their mystery back stock items, socializing with fellow fans and meeting/getting photos with and autographs from the LRG staff. My gas mileage is decent; about 30-35 mpg. I have a hotel for around $50/night. Ever since the first whispers of them considering doing something like this, I was totally down to go. Heck, I've debated just driving up to their office and seeing if I could get a tour. This event is even better, so what's not to be excited about?

I dunno, I could see wanting to meet the LRG staff early on in the life of the company but at this point I'm not sure many people view them all that favorably. Maybe I just run in the wrong bubbles on the internet though.

I would guess a huge majority of those going to attend are going purely in the hopes they can grab something rare and valuable for under market value. Expect to see a surge in LRG listings on ebay after this weekend.
mikeysee
Physical Champion

Postby Tekkaman » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:39 pm

bmcphail wrote:Sure, but those back stock items are all damaged. It's cool to go to gaming events and meet other fans and companies, but this just feels too limited and specific unlike an event like PAX or PRGE where there are many vendors, fans and companies to interact with. I don't mean to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but didn't you mention in your post a couple of weeks ago that you had some financial issues? This seems like a really bad use of time and money unless you are actually in the local area.

Actually, what I am referring to is a comment made on Twitter saying that they will have a small selection of games from their entire back catalog that will be sneakily put on sale randomly throughout the weekend. In addition, since every LRG employee gets a free copy of every release (with the promise of never reselling them), Josh is allowing employees to contribute their unwanted personal copies under the agreement that they must be sold for the original sale price. All of this is separate from the damaged items they have stated will be available for below sale price.

As for my financial situation, I did indeed have a very tough and expensive year. However, I am recovering quite well and, combined with money I received from family for my birthday, I will be able to comfortably afford and easily justify making this trip. I'll be splitting gas costs with a friend who is accompanying me and my hotel is dirt cheap by my normal standards. As for the small scope of the event, as someone who has been following LRG since the beginning and has communicated with quite a few members of their team on social media, forum DM, and e-mail, I think it is a wonderful opportunity to thank them for their efforts. Plus, I can get their very first postcard signed and anything else I deem worthy of their marker scribbles. Finally, the director of River City Girls is going to be there. I am very much looking forward to getting his signature on that game.

mikeysee wrote:I dunno, I could see wanting to meet the LRG staff early on in the life of the company but at this point I'm not sure many people view them all that favorably. Maybe I just run in the wrong bubbles on the internet though.

I would guess a huge majority of those going to attend are going purely in the hopes they can grab something rare and valuable for under market value. Expect to see a surge in LRG listings on ebay after this weekend.

Perhaps I am just easy to please, but Josh, Doug and the rest of the team have always been very open and willing to help me. In fact, when I first joined this forum, people were attacking me because they thought I was some forum troll who kept creating duplicate accounts to get around forum bans. Josh came to my defense immediately and assured everyone that I was not that person. I didn't really know him them, but he knew my e-mail well enough from the many orders I had made prior to joining the forum. So, aside from having a running dialogue with them for the past four years, they have proven themselves to be good people time and again.

As for your comment about seeing LRG stuff on ebay; flippers gonna flip. Between my collecting of video games, comic books, Funko POP! figures and convention exclusives, there are always going to be people who attempt to profit off of these industries. At least LRG does their best to prevent it by limited game sales, banning duplicate IPs and detecting patterns in customer account activity. There will never be a way to fully stop someone from reselling something, but at least LRG tries. You can't really expect/ask for more.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Previous

Return to Limited Run Discussion