• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby Tekkaman » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:10 am

Hello, everyone!

I am SO sorry for falling off the face of the Earth about five months ago. My comfy office job was suddenly ripped away from me and, as most of my forum time was done from work, this left me with only the weekends to visit the forum. Alas, at the same time that my employment status was being shuffled around, I had a triple-threat of personal issues that ate up every ounce of my spare time. First, my wife was suffering from a terrible toothache that ended up having to be dealt with via an expensive root canal. Second, my cat was diagnosed with cancer and, while he has made an amazingly miraculous recovery, it set me back even further financially. Lastly, my house partially flooded and it took ages to get my insurance to pay up, get the damage repaired and get my home life back to normal. Only now are things starting to settle, but the road back to financial stability still has a few miles left to travel. As such, I had to dial back a lot of my expenditures, so my LRG collecting took the biggest hit. On top of this, the nomadic nature of my current job prevents me from logging in at both 10am and 6pm as I am usually driving at both of those times. And, to answer the obvious question, no I cannot just pull over for a few minutes.

Anyway, to summarize, my personal life over the last five months has been one nightmare scenario after the next and has left me financially depleted. Still, I don't say all of these things to get put from anyone. Things are starting to look up, my cat is as healthy as he's ever been, and I should be able to log in here on the odd weekend from now on. My employment situation will still be in a state of flux until probably January, but I will eventually get my cozy office back and be able to visit much more often. I saw shinoff and Fries posted updates recently, so I thought I would do the same while I had a few minutes before bed. I hope that every one has been doing well. I look forward to chatting with you all again as often as I am able.

Happy November! :mrgreen:
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:28 am

life is a bitch glad its going better again hopefully your life will be normal again soon:)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:36 am

Glad to hear from you - it's nice to see that not everybody who left did so because they thought us regulars were annoying. :D
Hard times can be rough, but at least it seems that you've pulled through the worst and it's great that both the wife, cat and house are making a good recovery. :)
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:35 am

Best off luck my man, hope things are going to work out for you and your family. Also nice to see you posting again welcome back i'd say.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Hey, nice to see you around and glad that your situations are getting better. Best wishes for you and your family!
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Fries » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:44 pm

It's great things are looking up for you. Always happy to see forum regulars like you and shinoff return (and doing well), even if it's just for a brief periods when life allows.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Hey Tekkaman,

Sorry to hear about your recent struggles. But I'm glad your cat is well, your wife's mouth isn't hurting anymore, your home insurance finally paid what was due, and that you have a new job. And I'm glad you're posting again.

This is one of the things I've always loved about this forum, and still do today. We have a real community. We post about LRG and videogames, but we also sometimes just share our lives. It makes it feel more...important? Real? You guys are all real, and this forum, is a part of my life that means something. I mean, I'm not trying to say it'd be the end of the world when it shuts down or anything. I just mean, like a group of in-real-life friends, this is a corner of the internet that I can visit and chat with still-real-life friends, even if we don't know each other in the real world. It's a source of comfort and friendship, and insider videogame news, too!

You're all a good group. I'm still thankful Josh & Douglas left the forum open for us.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Thank you all for the kind words and well-wishes. I appreciate all of you so much. It killed me to be unable to continue interacting with all of you for so darn long, especially with the forum entering uncharted waters as the first Officially Unofficial community on the web. I hope all of you are doing well and that life has been kinder to you all than it has been to me. I just had a meeting with the owner of my company to talk about the outlook of the business and my job. I will not have as much freedom to chit-chat here during work hours (don't worry, I was never letting my job performance suffer), but I will have a bit more free time in front of a computer screen as of January. Of course, I will try to pop in for a weekly round-up between now and then.

So glad to see so many friendly and familiar faces. Happy gaming, all! :mrgreen:
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:44 pm

Tekkaman wrote:Thank you all for the kind words and well-wishes. I appreciate all of you so much. It killed me to be unable to continue interacting with all of you for so darn long, especially with the forum entering uncharted waters as the first Officially Unofficial community on the web. I hope all of you are doing well and that life has been kinder to you all than it has been to me. I just had a meeting with the owner of my company to talk about the outlook of the business and my job. I will not have as much freedom to chit-chat here during work hours (don't worry, I was never letting my job performance suffer), but I will have a bit more free time in front of a computer screen as of January. Of course, I will try to pop in for a weekly round-up between now and then.

So glad to see so many friendly and familiar faces. Happy gaming, all! :mrgreen:
glad to see your doing well so thanks for keeping us in the loop:)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Return to General Discussions