• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Pudjay1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:57 am

FoP wrote:I guess they're basically holding off on hold orders until they can squeeze them in, that was one major reason why they stopped doing them. Mine haven't shipped either.

Though the day I put up this post they post me my games. I’m always nervous when I wait on the hold orders.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:48 am

Rhetorical wrote:However i am not sure why you believe Brexit would affect this at all?
Brexit has been pushed back completely again. No agreements have been made and nothing has changed unfortunately.

The postponement is news to me then. Anyway that part was a bit of a nod to the batch of people here who were in full panic mode about Brexit earlier this year despite it always being many months away each time a "for real this time" date was announced.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:29 pm

This was my first Parcel Force delivery, my last one was Doctor Dekker IIRC which was the usual Hermes AFAIK. But so far it seems for those of us who have received packageds via PF we have still had DDP as we have not been charged additional fees just had no accurate tracking info. The missing parcels other are waiting for is of course a bigger issue and if Asendia has just just changed agents may be part of the problem if badly timed.

Edit - I was worried about my final hold and my Fata Morgana LE/London Mysteria packages due to Asendia leaving them on neighbours windowsills.

Not sure what my next due package is.
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan

Postby Pudjay1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Well I came to a Royal Mail card when I came home today.

I’m thinking it’s either an LRG delivery or my copy of Metal Wolf Chaos that I’ve been waiting on. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

I don’t think I’ve ever had any LRG deliveries posted by Royal Mail before, but it looks to be the way things are going in the U.K.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby Pudjay1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:20 pm

That being said I’ve just checked the tracking on my SRG order and they use Asendia too lol.

I guess I’ll find tomorrow morning what it is. Who know maybe it’s a game from SLG, I know for sure that they use Royal Mail.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby Pudjay1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:13 am

Pudjay1 wrote:That being said I’ve just checked the tracking on my SRG order and they use Asendia too lol.

I guess I’ll find tomorrow morning what it is. Who know maybe it’s a game from SLG, I know for sure that they use Royal Mail.

Well I went to the Royal Mail sorting office this morning and as suspected it was my copy of Metal Wolf Chaos. They also had an LRG parcel for me too that they were going to deliver today.

So that confirms for me personally that my Asendia deliveries are being dealt with by Royal Mail using their 48 tracked service. Which on the label says no signature, though he scanned them anyway.

It will be interesting to see if this continues. I prefer it to be Royal Mail as I know they won’t just leave any deliveries on my door step if I’m not in.

Still no sign of Freedom Planet though, which as it stands as been idle in Heathrow customs for 30 days. It looks like I’ll be making my first ever claim to LRG for a lost parcel.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby ArticunoOfBreeze » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:15 am

I was about to re-open my ticket with LRG as it's been 30 days since the last tracking update for Freedom Planet, but then I noticed I had an email from Hermes informing me they had my Asendia parcel. Thought that seemed a bit weird, nothing else from LRG is currently in transit for me, so I thought maybe it was SRG, but it wasn't them either. I checked the Asendia tracking again but it still hasn't updated since customs cleared. I checked the local (Hermes) tracking number provided on the Hermes site, and sure enough, they now have my FP parcel as of last night.

Seems really bizarre that they just suddenly have my LRG order after literally a full month of it not moving. I suggest anyone else waiting on Freedom Planet to check the Hermes tracking as well in case they have your parcels now. I don't know what kind of condition it's gonna be in but hopefully it'll be fine, I'll update here once I (hopefully) receive it and let you guys know how it is.
ArticunoOfBreeze
I want to believe

Postby BuraddoRun » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:35 am

I ordered something recently (not from LRG) internationally that was shipped via Ascendia, and tracking ended once it arrived to the U.S. At that point, it was handed out to my country's mailing system (USPS), and I had to use their tracking page to watch the progress until it arrived at my door. It sounds like the same happened above for LRG's shipment to the UK as it transferred to Royal Mail, and to another with Hermes. So to get actual up-to-date tracking info, you may need to look at your country's local tracking website after a point.

*Edit: Also, the tracking number might change once it gets to your local courier. That happened to me as well. But once I found that out and looked up tracking at USPS's website, I was able to continue following my shipment.

You would think international shipping would be less complicated, but couriers work out deals with each other to allow for cheaper shipping, and many couriers don't travel the world themselves. FedEX and DHL do "non-stop" flights, as it were (at least to certain countries), but LRG goes with the cheapest options which means international orders will make multiple stops before reaching their final destination. And varying taxes and custom checks along the way don't make things any easier.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Pudjay1 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:55 am

BuraddoRun wrote:I ordered something recently (not from LRG) internationally that was shipped via Ascendia, and tracking ended once it arrived to the U.S. At that point, it was handed out to my country's mailing system (USPS), and I had to use their tracking page to watch the progress until it arrived at my door. It sounds like the same happened above for LRG's shipment to the UK as it transferred to Royal Mail, and to another with Hermes. So to get actual up-to-date tracking info, you may need to look at your country's local tracking website after a point.

*Edit: Also, the tracking number might change once it gets to your local courier. That happened to me as well. But once I found that out and looked up tracking at USPS's website, I was able to continue following my shipment.

You would think international shipping would be less complicated, but couriers work out deals with each other to allow for cheaper shipping, and many couriers don't travel the world themselves. FedEX and DHL do "non-stop" flights, as it were (at least to certain countries), but LRG goes with the cheapest options which means international orders will make multiple stops before reaching their final destination. And varying taxes and custom checks along the way don't make things any easier.

Well my Freedom Planet/Pix the Cat order has now started moving and has now been passed to Hermès.

It’s always been Hermès that has dealt with my LRG order previously, but something has definitely changed with regards to how Asendia parcels are dealt with in once they have reached the U.K. The last two I got were delivered by Royal Mail and using a non signature service and despite being scanned before they were handed to me, this information was not updated on the Asendia website.

That being said I’m just happy that I’m getting the orders and they’re not getting lost.
Pudjay1
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:41 pm

My last order was noted down as being received by a 'Mr (my last name)'
I am not a Mr, the package was posted through my door, and non of my payment accounts are listed as a Mr.
So i do not know who Royal Mail believe they are sending the packages to
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:16 am

Odd, I actually had to sign for my Parcel Forced Corpse Killer delivery despite it being in a jiffy that would easily fit through the letterbox.
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:29 am

BuraddoRun wrote:So to get actual up-to-date tracking info, you may need to look at your country's local tracking website after a point.

*Edit: Also, the tracking number might change once it gets to your local courier. That happened to me as well.

This.

Always look for newer tracking numbers and follow them on their respective sites. Whether it's eBay, Amazon, etsy, other limited sites (RAG and HCG especially), or elsewhere, I've had things change carriers and numbers 3 times in some cases, and each time it happens, the previous carrier might stop updating the tracking because their part is done.

Amazon in some cases with 3rd party merchant: seller's local carrier to Amazon's global hub -> global carrier -> my local carrier
eBay when a seller uses that global shipping program: seller's local carrier to eBay's global hub -> global carrier -> my local carrier

In my case for Asendia, their site has always given me a local tracking number once it's closer to me. Sometimes Asendia's tracking stays current after that but usually it goes dormant.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:19 am

OneVurfedGwrx wrote:Odd, I actually had to sign for my Parcel Forced Corpse Killer delivery despite it being in a jiffy that would easily fit through the letterbox.

I will be honest
I receive many packages from Royal Nail
The post people know me and my partner well
I believe they got lazy
So they posted through the door and made it seem as though my partner signed for it
It happens a lot with Royal Mail here
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:41 am

Rhetorical wrote:So they posted through the door and made it seem as though my partner signed for it
It happens a lot with Royal Mail here

I believe it. Where I live, if you need to sign/pay fees or if it's too big for the mail box, they will ring the bell, and if you don't answer they leave a pickup slip that you need to take to the post office (down the street). And since I get a lot of deliveries too, but am usually not home when they show up, they usually just leave a pickup slip without even bothering to ring.

I've been home many times, seen the mail truck arrive (or carrier on foot sometimes), do their thing, and then leave. Then I go check the mail and its just a slip.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby ArticunoOfBreeze » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:33 am

Well, my copy of Freedom Planet has now just been stuck on "delayed" on the Hermes tracking site. It claims there's been a delay and that they'll "get it moving in the next 24 hours". It's been a little over 24 hours though. Hopefully it still turns up, since it's already over a month late. Never seen a "delay" through the Hermes tracking site before.
ArticunoOfBreeze
I want to believe

Postby FoP » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 am

They've definitely changed something. In addition to no tracking, I just got notice that I've got two packages to pick up from DHL.
Usually, my LRG packages has only been handled by DHL if it's been bigger packages like holds, but for these smaller packages with 2-4 games it's been delivered by PostNord.
Thankfully, the pickup location is the same, so no real change in that regard.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby ArticunoOfBreeze » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:01 am

My copy of Freedom Planet was finally delivered today. No idea where it's been sitting for a month but it wasn't damaged or anything, and the disc doesn't sound loose in the case (mind you I ordered it with the protective box as I had one inlay damaged on a game before, and one case practically destroyed with the disc slightly scratched when I've just received them in the bubble mailers).

The whole situation of the tracking not updating or taking a while to update, and suddenly changing the local courier to ParcelForce is a bit weird, but as long as I'm still getting my games and there's no hidden customs fees, it's not a big deal for me personally. If anything, ParcelForce has always been more reliable than Hermes in my experience.
ArticunoOfBreeze
I want to believe

Postby Rhetorical » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:20 pm

ArticunoOfBreeze wrote:My copy of Freedom Planet was finally delivered today. No idea where it's been sitting for a month but it wasn't damaged or anything, and the disc doesn't sound loose in the case (mind you I ordered it with the protective box as I had one inlay damaged on a game before, and one case practically destroyed with the disc slightly scratched when I've just received them in the bubble mailers).

The whole situation of the tracking not updating or taking a while to update, and suddenly changing the local courier to ParcelForce is a bit weird, but as long as I'm still getting my games and there's no hidden customs fees, it's not a big deal for me personally. If anything, ParcelForce has always been more reliable than Hermes in my experience.

Mine also arrived today with Mercenary Kings and Accounting+ at last.
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Previous

Return to Limited Run Discussion