• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:45 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:
Rhetorical wrote:I have just received my copy of Metal Wolf Chaos today.

The extras that come with the game are quite fun. 2 sticker sheets and a letter from the president.
Inside the box is a very very thick manual. Nicely printed and in full cover.
Inner artwork on the reverse side of the cover.

After having a small look through the manual, i did notice a possible spelling error, but it is a fun one.
There is a list of all the weaponry in the game and the name of the Bazooka is 'Bazookass'!
Can anyone confirm that that is what it is called in game, or is this simply a very funny typo?

Just a funny typo, unless there is a specific bazooka type that is called bazookass. But the class of weapons is bazooka.

Have you installed it yet? Does it download a patch like the retail version did?

Yup... there are 2 patches to download. They are NOT on the disc as advertised on the SRG website.

:?

I just keep repeating myself, but c'mon companies! Are complete physical games to much to ask for?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:43 am

Complete physical games does seem too much to ask for when it comes to Special Reserve Games.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:48 am

BenoitRen wrote:Complete physical games does seem too much to ask for when it comes to Special Reserve Games.

I think this is the case for almost all publishers in this day and age.
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:36 am

Rhetorical wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:Complete physical games does seem too much to ask for when it comes to Special Reserve Games.

Yeah, it's really as Douglas said in the other topic; competition haven't only given us as buyers more to choose from. If a developer is more interested in making money, they'd just choose another publisher (though in the case of SRG it's a bit special considering they're tied to Devolver). Though I'm a bit surprised at the lack of pride there seems to be, to know that you've made the best product possible. For both developer and publisher.

But speaking of SRG, they just sent my Gungeon Switch and Downwell PS4 games. Got an Asendia tracking number, though I haven't figured out yet if it's actually DDP this time or not, if I'm not misremembering it was sent via Asendia last time too? Any international customers having experience of failed DDP lately? My last order from SRG was Gungeon PS4, so it was a while back.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Harshly_Blunt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:07 am

FoP wrote:
Rhetorical wrote:

Yeah, it's really as Douglas said in the other topic; competition haven't only given us as buyers more to choose from. If a developer is more interested in making money, they'd just choose another publisher (though in the case of SRG it's a bit special considering they're tied to Devolver). Though I'm a bit surprised at the lack of pride there seems to be, to know that you've made the best product possible. For both developer and publisher.

But speaking of SRG, they just sent my Gungeon Switch and Downwell PS4 games. Got an Asendia tracking number, though I haven't figured out yet if it's actually DDP this time or not, if I'm not misremembering it was sent via Asendia last time too? Any international customers having experience of failed DDP lately? My last order from SRG was Gungeon PS4, so it was a while back.

My latest DDP from SRG arrived with no import fees, though they have now employed a weird method of delivery. They send it to a warehouse in the UK then Parcelforce 48 hour it to me (with practically all of the original labels covered up).

About the patch.... how do companies manage to fuck up an old game? If Bluepoint can do it as well as they do without the original sourcecode, why the hell can't others?
Harshly_Blunt
True Believer

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Sounds like the way my last LRG parcel arrived, unexpectedly diverted by Parcel Force(with no fees). Sounds like Asendia has switched partners from Hermes.
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan

Postby panzermanathod » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Rhetorical wrote:

While this is an issue with publishers wanting sooner release dates, as well as consumers wanting sooner release dates (And there are people who get super pissed when a game is delayed), this isn't a new issue. I mean, as I do tell people, having incomplete games sold is a thing that has been around since the 80's. As the scope and mainstream appeal of games get larger, so does its issues.

Harshly_Blunt wrote:

About the patch.... how do companies manage to fuck up an old game? If Bluepoint can do it as well as they do without the original sourcecode, why the hell can't others?

Bluepoint is not without some mistakes in the past. But by this point Bluepoint is pretty much highly skilled at remastering. Complain about the porting if you want, I think it's still a bit unfair to bring Bluepoint into this now.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Ha! This game is so patriotic, cheesy, and over-the-top! I took a break after beating the 2nd level because I really got into Man of Medan, but right now I'm playing a level at Alcatraz, where the enemy has installed a giant cannon. When the level starts, the President exclaims, "I'll smash it faster than a Florida recount!"
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Previous

Return to General Discussions