• Who is online

Feel free to talk about Switch related stuff here!

Postby Grizzled » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:56 am

A new Bubble Bobble game, developed by Taito themselves, has just been announced exclusively for the Switch. Similarly to Taito-Inin Games' other collaboration (Ninja Saviours), the game will be receiving both a wide retail release as well as a Collector's Edition by Strictly Limited Games. It will be released on November 19th in Europe and in Q1 2020 in North America. Some more details, along with the game's announcement trailer can be found in the link below:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/0 ... _to_switch
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Grizzled wrote:A new Bubble Bobble game, developed by Taito themselves, has just been announced exclusively for the Switch. Similarly to Taito-Inin Games' other collaboration (Ninja Saviours), the game will be receiving both a wide retail release as well as a Collector's Edition by Strictly Limited Games. It will be released on November 19th in Europe and in Q1 2020 in North America. Some more details, along with the game's announcement trailer can be found in the link below:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/0 ... _to_switch

It will not be exclusively for the Switch, they have worded it to confuse people.
It says it will 'LAUNCH exclusively for the Switch'.

I have learned to read these more carefully thanks to Microsoft
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby Grizzled » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Rhetorical wrote:It will not be exclusively for the Switch, they have worded it to confuse people.
It says it will 'LAUNCH exclusively for the Switch'.

I have learned to read these more carefully thanks to Microsoft

Launch, release, I don't see a difference in the wording. Maybe you want to elaborate?
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm

"At launch it will be exclusive to <platform>" implies timed exclusivity.
Whereas if they had simply said "It will be exclusive to <platform>" without any added wording, it wouldn't imply a wider release on other platforms later.

Whether or not it's a real implication is debatable. It's just an inference right now.
Last edited by fgsfds100 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Grizzled » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:"At launch it will be exclusive to <platform>" implies timed exclusivity.
Whereas if they had simply said "It will be exclusive to <platform>" without any added wording, it wouldn't imply a wider release on other platforms.

I may have agreed if the article actually said that. However, the exact words used are "It will launch exclusively on Switch." Nothing more, nothing less.
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:16 pm

And "launch" can be interpreted as "start".
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 pm

I was never a big Bubble Bobble fan, but this is still nice to see. I probably won't get it, but if a friend does I'll definitely play it with them on their system.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:11 am

fgsfds100 wrote:And "launch" can be interpreted as "start".

This is exactly what i mean
To me if something says it will 'launch exclusively' on a console in the beginning.
If it said 'coming exclusively' or 'exclusively on', then i would gather it is on that console exclusively permanently.

Look at the Microsoft E3 conference a few years back and you will see the ridicule they were put through for their misleading wordplay
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Return to Switch Discussion