• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Dejavu.

1 - Indeed.
2
50%
2 - Have you seen my daughter?
0
No votes
3 - Hello, Have a nice sunday.
1
25%
4 - I am hungry and there is nothing in the fridge!!
0
No votes
5 - People should only care for their friends and family, otherwise the rest of people is hopeless.
1
25%
 
Total votes : 4

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Nostalgia plays a big part, I know, but simplicity, discovery and FUN are also big reasons why.

No downloads or required online. Simple pop in and turn on and play. Couch co-op. Inviting friends over or taking games to their houses, and saves coming with you (on carts or memory cards). Those are the best parts of the gaming past.

But the retro present has a lot of discovery! Games you didn't know existed when they released because there was no internet. Finding out about those now is a treat! Trying stuff you've never played before. Importing titles that never got released domestically. There are TONS of great games out there, and even not-so-great games that have their charms.

Even though I currently have more modern games than retro, I kind of feel like when gaming gets too "complex," requiring you to change system settings or get online and continually download stuff, I'll retreat to retro where I can simply plug n' play. There's nothing I hate more in gaming than turning on my PS4 and seeing patches download. It annoys the crud out of me on my phone, too. "7 updates available." Joy.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7323
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:09 pm

panzermanathod wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
and now youadmit there are timed button presses which is the definition of qte


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzS96auqau0

So would you consider this a series of QTEs?
no but they arent timed button presses either

you decide what button n you press and when
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby panzermanathod » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:03 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:
panzermanathod wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
and now youadmit there are timed button presses which is the definition of qte


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzS96auqau0

So would you consider this a series of QTEs?
no but they arent timed button presses either

you decide what button n you press and when


While you're incorrect in parrying not being timed button presses, Furi uses the same mechanic.

As said, Furi rarely uses QTE, nor can the game be said to be full of only QTE's and Cutscenes.

So can we just move past this and admit you were mistaken about Furi?
Image
User avatar
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm


Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:04 pm

panzermanathod wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
panzermanathod wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
and now youadmit there are timed button presses which is the definition of qte


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzS96auqau0

So would you consider this a series of QTEs?
no but they arent timed button presses either

you decide what button n you press and when


While you're incorrect in parrying not being timed button presses, Furi uses the same mechanic.

As said, Furi rarely uses QTE, nor can the game be said to be full of only QTE's and Cutscenes.

So can we just move past this and admit you were mistaken about Furi?
no I know what i saw it might not be the whole game but I am 100% sure I saw a boss battle which had a long qte

however I do agree we should move on
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby panzermanathod » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:25 pm

I also said admit you were wrong. Two people who have played the game told you you were mistaken. Do you remember which fight it was that you thought had a bunch of QTEs?
Image
User avatar
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm


Postby mr. Hyde » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:22 am

panzermanathod wrote:I also said admit you were wrong. Two people who have played the game told you you were mistaken. Do you remember which fight it was that you thought had a bunch of QTEs?
a boss battle I assume but no I never played it so how would I possible know?

I do remember the boss had a weapon though I think it was a sword

and I wasnt wrong I saw it myself so either that video was wrong or you are wrong or both.

I admited to never having played the game I only saw that video.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby panzermanathod » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 am

mr. Hyde wrote:
panzermanathod wrote:I also said admit you were wrong. Two people who have played the game told you you were mistaken. Do you remember which fight it was that you thought had a bunch of QTEs?
a boss battle I assume but no I never played it so how would I possible know?

I do remember the boss had a weapon though I think it was a sword

and I wasnt wrong I saw it myself so either that video was wrong or you are wrong or both.

I admited to never having played the game I only saw that video.


So you won't admit you were wrong. Okay then.
Image
User avatar
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm


Postby mr. Hyde » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 pm

panzermanathod wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
panzermanathod wrote:I also said admit you were wrong. Two people who have played the game told you you were mistaken. Do you remember which fight it was that you thought had a bunch of QTEs?
a boss battle I assume but no I never played it so how would I possible know?

I do remember the boss had a weapon though I think it was a sword

and I wasnt wrong I saw it myself so either that video was wrong or you are wrong or both.

I admited to never having played the game I only saw that video.


So you won't admit you were wrong. Okay then.
no I know what I saw in the video so I aint wrong
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Previous

Return to General Discussions

cron