• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:48 pm

"Bubsy: Paws on Fire Limited Edition on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This release, with Limited Run Games exclusive cover art, is limited to only 1,000 copies available.

The Bubsy: Paws on Fire Limited Edition includes a booklet and mini-soundtrack CD.

This is an Accolade release and is not a part of the Limited Run Games Collection. It is not a part of our numbered Switch collection. Only the cover art is exclusive to the Limited Run Games store - this release will be widely available elsewhere without the exclusive art.

WARNING: This item is limited to TWO per customer."

$39.99. Goes on sale Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 at 12 PM Eastern Time.

BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:13 am

BuraddoRun wrote:"WARNING: This item is limited to TWO per customer."

Welp, that warning is definitely needed!
They should actually include a warning for anyone buying more than zero Bubsy games.

But all joking aside, I don't know about this new one. I played the first game on the SNES when I was young, and it was mediocre. From what I've seen of the other "new" one, it's also pretty mediocre. Don't know if this one steps up the game?

However, didn't this have some sort of Kickstarter for DLC or something a while back? I seem to remember that they had a pledge level of a physical "exclusive version". Can't be arsed to check it up now, but is it the same as this? I seem to remember that the bonus contents are the same.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:12 pm

I don't hate Bubsy 1 & 2 on SNES, but they certainly aren't great.

Never played Bubsy 3D and have no intention to, even for a laugh. Also never played the one from a few years ago, and it's apparently kind of bland.

As for this one, I'm just not into infinite runners.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:31 pm

A Switch release from Limited Run Games that's not an open pre-order? That's a new one. They really must not have faith in this game.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby bmcphail » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:53 pm

BenoitRen wrote:A Switch release from Limited Run Games that's not an open pre-order? That's a new one. They really must not have faith in this game.

It's not their game. It's getting a regular US retail release. All they are getting is a cover variant.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:18 pm

pretty sure every full setter disagrees this isnt part of the set lrg never learn

or betetr said they dont give a fuck
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:49 pm

Here we go again... :roll:
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:19 am

bmcphail wrote:It's not their game. It's getting a regular US retail release. All they are getting is a cover variant.

Yes, I know. That doesn't change anything of what I said.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby smartzinc » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:16 am

I bought the most recent Bubsy game on PS4 for my kids & they really enjoyed it....

until the end of a very early level where there is a jump across a waterfall area that they couldn't make. They asked me to get them past it...

and I couldn't. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, maybe some mechanic I'm missing. Tried for about half an hour, looked it up online. Anyway, doesn't matter anymore. We've moved on. They like yooka laylee far more & so do I.
smartzinc
LRG Super Fan

Postby bmcphail » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 am

BenoitRen wrote:
bmcphail wrote:It's not their game. It's getting a regular US retail release. All they are getting is a cover variant.

Yes, I know. That doesn't change anything of what I said.

Ok, but the game also releases at retail on August 29th, so the copies have been printed weeks ago. They aren't going to do a second run just for a paper cover variant.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby Swimming » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:08 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:pretty sure every full setter disagrees this isnt part of the set lrg never learn

or betetr said they dont give a fuck

Leave it to mr. Hyde to blame LRG
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roses are red, violets are blue.
plz play MLB 2k12 for PC thx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Swimming
I want to believe

Return to Limited Run Discussion