• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Rhetorical » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Slime-san: Superslime Edition PS4
16th August 2019
$24.99
This version appears to be the more complete one as it should contain all 3 campaigns, extra levels and an extra playable character

https://limitedrungames.com/collections ... dition-ps4
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:47 pm

I wasn't expecting this one. Nice to see the PS4 getting the most complete version for once lol
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby maureeezzy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:04 pm

Yeah im pretty happy there's a complete edition of the game now. Already own it on switch but will def buy a copy of this for the fact it seems to be complete
maureeezzy
I want to believe

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:53 am

I was under the impression the Switch version was complete. Which version did it ship with?
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:13 am

Can we trust it? LRG has said that they'll only release the Switch version. (look a bit down among the replies) :D
Oh well, I guess it doesn't hurt anyone so in this case it doesn't bother me that LRG changed their plans. I'm actually kinda wanting to pick it up. :P

However, revisiting that tweet was pretty interesting. The reply there makes it seem very clear that no Switch version of Splasher will be released from anyone, kinda like LRG signed an exclusivity deal covering both consoles but only releasing it on PS4. Then Red Art Games does a release about a year later. Wonder if LRG has exclusivity that lasts a year? The Limited Run releases was released on June 8'th, then the Red Art Games announement was on July 9'th, so maybe it's 13 months? :D

As for the PS4 version of Slime-san, I'm interested in it. Though I can't really make up my mind on how to combine orders.
I need to be present tomorrow as I want Metal Slug 3 (though I would've preferred Anthology, but what the heck at least there'll be more trophies per game if released individually), and was planning to pick up Rogue Legacy PS4 and Timespinner PS4, plus Gravity Ghost for the heck of it since I'm ordering anyways.

But then if next week I gotta order Slime-san, since I want it, I'll also pick up the Turok games to get them done with.

...so with my luck I'm certain that some sole PS4 game I really want (like Jak X, which should've been released by June according to the initial planning) will drop on the 23'rd. Should I hold off on the Turok games and get Timespinner Switch on the 16'th instead? Or should I go with the flow and see what drops? It's so hard when we doesn't know what drops until the same week.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:55 pm

I think the key with believing what LRG says about releasing or not releasing something at this point is to simply believe it AT THAT EXACT POINT IN TIME. When the next day arrives, things could change.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:41 am

BuraddoRun wrote:When the next day arrives, things could change.

My original post was mostly tongue-in-cheek, I kinda like to dig up old stuff LRG has said. :D
(and I'm STILL wondering about that "people will tell tales of this and heads will spin" Josh tweet from ages ago)
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:19 am

BenoitRen wrote:I was under the impression the Switch version was complete. Which version did it ship with?

The Switch edition was the base game for super slime-san only
The new PS4 edition comes with an extra character, 10 more levels and a level editor
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby Grizzled » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 am

Rhetorical wrote:The Switch edition was the base game for super slime-san only
The new PS4 edition comes with an extra character, 10 more levels and a level editor

What you are describing is the content of the Superslime Edition, which the Switch version shipped in the cart with. The only thing missing from the Switch version is the level editor, which I believe is still exclusive for the PC.
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby Rhetorical » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:20 pm

Grizzled wrote:
Rhetorical wrote:The Switch edition was the base game for super slime-san only

What you are describing is the content of the Superslime Edition, which the Switch version shipped in the cart with. The only thing missing from the Switch version is the level editor, which I believe is still exclusive for the PC.

Does this mean that there is no difference between the Nintendo Switch and PS4 versions?
If this is true i will change my post
I apologise

It seems the company was planning to put the level editor on Switch, i assume they have given up on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... ell_bring/
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:02 am

Yeah I would really like to know as well if there is any content differences between the two versions.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby Grizzled » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Rhetorical wrote:Does this mean that there is no difference between the Nintendo Switch and PS4 versions?
If this is true i will change my post
I apologise

Content-wise, the Switch/PS4/XBox One/GOG versions should be exactly the same. The Steam version seems to be the only one that has the level editor.
Rhetorical wrote:It seems the company was planning to put the level editor on Switch, i assume they have given up on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... ell_bring/

I don't know if they gave up, but my Switch cart has not received any update as of yet.
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Return to Limited Run Discussion