• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby nib0 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 am

I'm starting this topic here because I'm not sure where else to do so.

I've been a member here for more than six months and primarily use these forums to PM other members for trades and purchases.

As of a few days ago, I'm unable to send messages. The 'Reply' buttons don't appear so I cannot respond to existing messages in my in my inbox. When click 'Compose Message', I get this:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

So what gives? Can someone tell me how to get it working again?
nib0
I want to believe

Postby FoP » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:39 am

The mods/admins are pretty active here so I'm guessing they'll see this soon.
My guess would be that for some reason, they locked PM'ing to user levels, and from what I see the next step up is 50 posts total.

We had some problems with spambots before so it might be related to that, though I never got any PMs from them.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:03 am

Those are permissions accessible by Best1989 (and the former admins), so you'll have to wait for him to log in to provide clarification as to when PM features become available to users.

As FoP mentioned, due to the increased activity from bots several safety precautions were put in place to minimize their reach on the forum.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 am

FoP wrote:The mods/admins are pretty active here so I'm guessing they'll see this soon.
My guess would be that for some reason, they locked PM'ing to user levels, and from what I see the next step up is 50 posts total.

We had some problems with spambots before so it might be related to that, though I never got any PMs from them.
I did get a spambot pm just last week it was from the spambot names froes.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 am

Hey nib, please let me know if you have the option now. I moved you to a group with more permissions.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby nib0 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:59 am

Best1989 wrote:Hey nib, please let me know if you have the option now. I moved you to a group with more permissions.

Looks like everything is back in order, thanks for the speedy fix!
nib0
I want to believe

Postby Rhetorical » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 am

Best1989 wrote:Hey nib, please let me know if you have the option now. I moved you to a group with more permissions.

Is there a list of the different tiers and what there permissions are on the board?
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Return to General Discussions