No votes
5 - (...!!)
50%
6 - What can possible go...
50%

Total votes : 2

Postby Mr.KonaSoni » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:06 pm

|Start》|

Name: Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex.
Release date:
PS2:
NA: October 29, 2001
EU: November 23, 2001

Xbox:
NA: April 16, 2002
EU: April 26, 2002

Gamecube:
NA: September 17, 2002
EU: November 1, 2002

Publisher: Universal Interactive Studios/Konami
Developer: Traveller's Tales
Platforms: PS2/GCN/Xbox
Notes:
- Game performance is 60FPS on Xbox/PS2.
- Gamecube is 30FPS
- The GCN version includes an exclusive minigame for the GBA only accessible using the GCN/GBA connector cable.

I have met a whole of people that have fond memories with the good old Sonic's butt game, I am? Not at all, when the critter was rubbing its golden age I wasn't even born, and when I was a young idiot I prefered spend like 100+ playing Sonic than Crash.

But I have played Crash Bandicoot in the past, as former platformers, Crash Bandicoot is solid, I have not complains about the franchise.

After a while I wanted to play a game from the franchise again and the closest game that I had is Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex for the Nintendo Gamecube.

The Wrath of Cortex is the first game of the franchise that wasn't developed by Naughty Dog, so I guess there will be some questions about its quality, but fear no more.

If there is someone in the audience that likes light-hearted stories the one from this game will delivers.

"Uka Uka is once again conscious that he is surrounded by incompetent villians that can't beat that vicious Crash, after the daily anger of the day the former Doctor Neo Cortex reveals that he has a secret weapon that can beat Crash for once and for all, after this surprise it is time to Crash to save the day and itself from the brink of the extinction at hands from the dangerous: Crunch Bandicoot"

It feels and sounds like an animated movie, that kind of movie that makes you smile and burn some hours.

The gameplay of the game is the classic Crash Bandicoot boost, most of the time you will make your path through hallways full of dangers and enemies, while that sometimes the game will make you play in a 2.5 perspective, it is kinda funny because if you press down, Crash will walk against an invisible wall while you are taking a look to the moving animation, that type of stuff that only happy people can enjoy.

The level design in other hand is pretty creative and most of the time, the game will delivers new obstacles or perils for the player, if you want a game that will maintain itself fresh the most of the time, this game will make you feel that modern boring games are even more dreadful than you thought.

Also the game includes some stages that will force you to use some vehicles like airplanes, trucks and others that make the game feel like a lot of love and effort was put on it.

If you want to play as Crash's lil sister Coco Bandicoot you will able to play as her in some levels, the gameplay is also a bit different when using her, but is not that bad.

Most abilities and stuff from the original trilogy is in this game, if you have played the original games I want to believe that I don't need to explain you anything, Crash can earn new abilities after each world and these abilities are necessary to still progressing in the game, there is also a lot of collectables that will "transform" you in a Wombat if you gave up trying to get them.

Of course if you want to enjoy some graphics, the game graphics are nostalgic in my personal point of view, some places looks outdated but other places still hang up in our dreadful 2019, in fact the game looks pretty good for a 2001 release and there is a lot of details and cool animations for a game that is this old.

In the sound section of the game, there is also quite a lot of love, there is voice acting, lots of nostalgic sound effects from the older games and there is also a quite huge variety of sound tracks that will relax you and make your experience feel even better with the game.

- Examples

- "Jungle Rumble"
https://youtu.be/j7L616pgCZA

- "Sea Shell Shenanigans"
https://youtu.be/ZQNSIGHN92A

- "Complete Sound List"
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7Y6dOiEZjp

》》》Mission Complete 》》》

I don't know what is the opinion of the fans or other people about this game but... I should care? The answer is no, of course.

Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex or Crash Bandicoot 4 as I like to call it, is a good game, it delivered a creative experience and full of great moments while enjoying a light hearted experience, it in fact made me spin of happiness.

- King of nigh and might itself.

Links:
- Wikipedia article for the game.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_B ... _of_Cortex
The legend says that the best Konami and Sonic fan is me, I guess it could be rude to dismiss the legend...

My list of recommendable Konami games from decent to great.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

This is the list of the Konami games that I have in my collection, Thank you Konami for everything, I am a real Konami hero!!.
https://vgcollect.com/mrkonasoni

573!!
Mr.KonaSoni
LRG Super Fan

Location: There is a place in hell for someone with a cursed blood as mine, its name is... throne.

Postby Mr.KonaSoni » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:09 pm

There are two types of Crash Bandicoot fans, the people that is cool and like this game and the other type, we don't speak about these people.

I loved the game and it delivered what I wanted, of course it is full of 2001 nostalgia, because remember 90s and 2000s are a Pizza with Pepsi, 2019 is that dreadful food that you can't even eat with lots of mayonnaise and drink.
The legend says that the best Konami and Sonic fan is me, I guess it could be rude to dismiss the legend...

My list of recommendable Konami games from decent to great.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

This is the list of the Konami games that I have in my collection, Thank you Konami for everything, I am a real Konami hero!!.
https://vgcollect.com/mrkonasoni

573!!
Mr.KonaSoni
LRG Super Fan

Location: There is a place in hell for someone with a cursed blood as mine, its name is... throne.

Postby panzermanathod » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:54 am

I didn't like the game all that much, to be honest. Not much more to say about it. I actually much prefer Twinsanity, even if that was something of a mess.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 am

Should I be ashamed to admit that I pretty much skipped every Crash game back in the day? And while I've been tempted, I haven't bought the PS4 remasters either. I did play a few demos here and there, back when you could get demo discs for games.
Last edited by BuraddoRun on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:03 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:Should I be ashamed to admit that I pay much skipped every Crash game back in the day? And while I've been tempted, I haven't bought the PS4 remasters either. I did play a few demos here and there, back when you could get demo discs for games.

Nah. I only ever played the first game, and only because it came with my PlayStation. Didn't care for it much either. It's been over a decade since I've played it, but I think I remember the controls being kind of bad on top of the game just being hard. The bridge levels going into the distance were especially annoying because Crash blocked the view.

I also don't like the character or the 3D graphics of that time, even back then.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Return to The Retro VG Zone