• Who is online

Got games to trade? Here is the place to do it!

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm

It's FAR too early to post this but I'm doing it anyway! When November (or so) rolls around and everyone starts getting their games, I'm hoping to get the entire set of cards (not counting gold variants). I'll get one with my order of course, but I'm willing to buy or trade for the others.

And, now I'll wait patiently and bump this later this year. Or of we get a new forum by then, I guess I'll make a new topic.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:37 pm

If you can stop Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd and Ivan Ooze from terrorizing the discord, they might give you a batch as thanks.
You'll have to hire 3 people to do the terrorizing, or do it yourself with an IP proxy, but make sure to keep that on the down low.

Man, was that really her name though? I keep thinking Queen Beryl, but that's Sailor Moon. Never would have remembered that name...
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:If you can stop Rita Repulsa, Lord Zedd and Ivan Ooze from terrorizing the discord, they might give you a batch as thanks.
You'll have to hire 3 people to do the terrorizing, or do it yourself with an IP proxy, but make sure to keep that on the down low.

Man, was that really her name though? I keep thinking Queen Beryl, but that's Sailor Moon. Never would have remembered that name...

Yeah, the enemies on Power Rangers had silly names. She was a witch names Bandora in the Japanese show. Lord Zedd and Ivan Ooze are American creations.

BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 pm

dont forget lokar:)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:21 pm

I was never big into the series, and those were the only 3 villains I knew. I just don't even remember hearing anybody say "Rita" or "Repulsa" or both together in the show, despite generally having very in-depth recollections. Did she have a formal title that her minions and/or the Power Rangers called her?
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:I was never big into the series, and those were the only 3 villains I knew. I just don't even remember hearing anybody say "Rita" or "Repulsa" or both together in the show, despite generally having very in-depth recollections. Did she have a formal title that her minions and/or the Power Rangers called her?
her last name wasnt used a lot maybe thats the issue
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:dont forget lokar:)

You mean, Dai Satan?

Yes, that was his name in the Japanese version. :lol:

BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 pm

He looks like Mr. Satan went Super Saiyan. Or well Super Saiyan Blue.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:13 pm

Have they said how many cards there will be? I think I may have to join the fight to track down a full set as well.

fgsfds100 wrote:I was never big into the series, and those were the only 3 villains I knew. I just don't even remember hearing anybody say "Rita" or "Repulsa" or both together in the show, despite generally having very in-depth recollections. Did she have a formal title that her minions and/or the Power Rangers called her?

You don't remember Goldar, Rita and Zedd's top general?!? He has always been my favorite. Almost all of the baddies referred to her as "Empress Rita", including the Green Ranger when he was still evil. The Rangers usually just called her "Rita". Her last name was probably only spoken aloud a handful of times in the show, but it was used extensively in merchandise like coloring books and action figures.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Tekkaman wrote:Have they said how many cards there will be?

I'm not sure. Have they updated the master card list with them yet? Where is the link to that thing?

*Edit: found the link, and I don't see Power Rangers on it yet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:45 pm

Tekkaman wrote:You don't remember Goldar, Rita and Zedd's top general?!? ... Almost all of the baddies referred to her as "Empress Rita"

Empress. Now that sounds more likely to whatever I would have heard.

Looking up Goldar, I think I recognize him. But that could be because I saw the trailer during the LRG3 stream, and maybe also the cheetah's (Cheetor, another name I don't remember) robot form in Beasties/Beast Wars, and I'm now conflating it all together in my head. Like I say, I was never big into Power Rangers (or Beasties/Transformers in general for that matter) and only the most key things stick out. Plus it was ~25 years ago and I was little. I guess I can accept patchy memories in that case.

The only non-top guy I remember is the one that was all eyeballs. And the regular guys who all made that weird lulululu sound who I normally would have thought were "foot soldiers" or "foot clan", but I guess that's Ninja Turtles and the Power Rangers guys are Putties (again jogged memory from the game trailer).

Oh god... I forgot how corny it was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ovlGxBkBA
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Return to Trades