• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Sun May 26, 2019 12:53 pm

I'm playing through the Prologue that released not too long ago, and I've gotta say that it's setting up a nice, intriguing, mysterious story and definitely doing its job of getting me interested in the game. It's got giant mechs, space stuff, time travel, robots. talking animals, secret government conspiracies, WWII history, a hot school nurse (heh...part of the story actually)...a lot of cool things.

But, it may not be a well-received title, at least in the West. I don't know how the full game will be, but the gameplay in the Prologue almost amounts to a visual novel with some adventure elements. You basically walk around and do some minor exploration, speak with other characters & NPCs, examine objects, and ponder over keywords or items you've found. Each character's scenario in the Prologue is only about 10-20 minutes long, and there are 13 (of course) playable characters total. They aren't all available from the start. You have to unlock them as you complete scenarios.

But I'll say again that the story is really interesting! The artwork and animation are amazing, like all Vanillaware games, the music is beautiful, and the dialogue is fully voiced (not the keyword pondering, though). If it does turn out to be a visual novel in the end, I'll still pick it up.

The Prologue is Japanese, but it's easy to play and beat without a walkthrough. Of course, without understanding the language you won't be able to fully know what's going on. Thankfully, there's a guy on Youtube who is doing a playthrough/translation. What I do is play through a scenario blind, then after I beat it I watch his video and read the subs to understand what happened.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Every time I play through a section of the Prologue I get more and more excited for this game! Besides the stuff mentioned above, it also has nanotechnology, Skynet-type robot VS human stuff, spies, secret agents, mystery terrorists, assassination plots, cloning, memory manipulation, UFOs...all sorts of weird stuff! This seems like high science fiction, and I'm still excited for it. Oh yeah, and kaiju-mecha. The giant monsters in this game are giant robot monsters!

The good news, is that it seems the game will actually be more than just a visual novel/adventure game. There are apparently 3 parts to gameplay: Battle, Adventure, and Archives. I believe that the Prologue is pretty much just the Adventure part of it. The most recent trailer shows what appears to be the Battle, which looks like a strategy-type system. And Archives, I assume, is reading and/or rewatching scenes to keep up with what's going on, because there's A LOT going on. It probably saves events on a timeline or something. with the time travel, maybe you can go back and alter stuff to change the timeline? I dunno. But regardless, I'm intrigued!

I really am tempted to pre-order the JP version,but realistically, this will be a difficult game to grasp without the translation. It's better to wait for the Western release. This guy subtitled the entire prologue, and I've been watching his videos to see what happened after I played through each section in Japanese myself. I can only grasp so much with my limited understanding of Japanese and the visual cues. He plans on buying the game and may subtitle his entire playthrough, but that will take a long time and depending on him to fully enjoy a game is a risky venture. Still, I'm thankful he did the Prologue and am planning to see what he does after he gets the full game in November. I recommend checking out his videos if you are interested in this game. Here's Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U2Bpwhr86o

And here's some Battle footage I literally found just now, so I'm gonna watch it before hitting Submit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtsAZzE5Ws

Yeah, looks fun. Man, this is gonna take a long time to localize, I suspect. I'm SO tempted to get the JP version!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Return to General Discussions