• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu May 16, 2019 9:21 pm

iam8bit's next release in their Legacy Cartridge Collection is a combo SNES cart: Earthworm Jim 1 & 2. It is limited to 2000 units and comes in 2 random colors: udder pink and cow print. It's $134.99, and pre-orders go up May 21. It's expected to ship in November of this year.

In my opinion, these things aren't worth it. I bought the Street Fighter II one and although it's definitely cool, I don't think it was worth what I paid for it. But hey, if you love Earthworm Jim, it will probably look nice on a shelf. If you want to play the games, you can get the originals for much cheaper.

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/eart ... ry-edition
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby panzermanathod » Thu May 16, 2019 10:13 pm

I'm curious... why SNES but not Genesis? Dunno about EWJ2 but the SNES version of EWJ is is actually incomplete.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Well at least its a "new" game in a sense this time. Part of my SNES fetish wants me to get it, but I already own both separate. I imagine its gonna be another one around $99?

Jesus, 130$ before shipping? Probably gonna pass.... They would have to do an official physical release of something like StarFox 2 for me to pay that much for it. Wish they would just sell the cart on its own and do the full package as a limited run.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby VoltronsGrundle » Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:iam8bit's next release in their Legacy Cartridge Collection is a combo SNES cart: Earthworm Jim 1 & 2. It is limited to 2000 units and comes in 2 random colors: udder pink and cow print. It's $134.99, and pre-orders go up May 21. It's expected to ship in November of this year.

In my opinion, these things aren't worth it. I bought the Street Fighter II one and although it's definitely cool, I don't think it was worth what I paid for it. But hey, if you love Earthworm Jim, it will probably look nice on a shelf. If you want to play the games, you can get the originals for much cheaper.

https://store.iam8bit.com/products/eart ... ry-edition

Gotta admit. Im part of the problem here. People like me are why iamrapeBit can keep charging more and more for these carts. I will pay up to $150 tops for a snes rerelease special edition game like this. Of course it depends on the game but I was fine with $100 for SF2, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man X. Those are 3 of the greatest games of their generations if not all time. I bought the SF2 arcade1up cab even though I not only have a basement full of original cabs and a huge PCB collection that includes a couple versions of street fighter 2, on top of the fact that I run a business with a friend where we build custom arcade cabs of all sizes.....its just fun to purchases products that represent things I adore and grew up with. EWJ1&2 are brilliant games so this package is a no brainer for me even though I have both games cib on genesis and snes already! If Iam8bit starts choosing mediocre games I will certainly speak with my wallet but so far they have only picked true classics.
Defender of the Universe
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Fri May 17, 2019 2:27 am

With such a low print run and high price they're pretty much licensed scalpers to me.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby panzermanathod » Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 am

BenoitRen wrote:With such a low print run and high price they're pretty much licensed scalpers to me.

I dunno, it's still a new iteration of a product sold.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby 315retro » Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Not into this one myself but I'd like to see some localizations and more compilation carts. I'm not against these in principle but this just isn't a release I'm into.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Return to General Discussions