• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed May 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Sometimes I like to look up random stupidity on Youtube. Today I decided to watch some cringy compilation stuff. But c'mon...as fun as these are to laugh at, I really don't believe that all of these people are really that silly. Surely some of these people do this stuff on purpose to get laughs. So here's an old video of gamer cringe and my guess as to who's NOT faking just for laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLVkh4jNrLI

I think most of these are fake, but:

6:11: I think this guy's for real. I used to play Magic in tournaments (he's playing Yu-Gi-Oh, though) and I met people like him, who take the game and their execution of a killing combo waaaay too seriously.

9:57: I think this guy's for real. Loud and competitive and annoying.

This isn't the best video to dissect and pick real folk from the fakers, but it's just what I was watching when I had the thought. Anyhow, when you see overly dramatic stuff like this, do you often doubt the legitimacy of it? I mean, it's less fun if it's fake. We want to see real melodrama!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby 315retro » Wed May 15, 2019 5:07 pm

I just watch Chris Chan and then try to convince myself life is worth living.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

ImageImage
315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Some of the career youtubers/streamers I watch have frequent, drawn out, painfully stupid moments in the games they are playing. If called out on it, they will usually try to claim they were faking it, but it's pretty easy to tell when they are or aren't. They eventually cave and admit it but blame "reading the chat" or "bad game design" as the reason they can't figure out blatantly obvious things in the game. I'm talking things so obvious that even though I've never even heard of the game before, I pick up on it rapidly. The real problem is they refuse to do any critical thinking (if they are capable of it) and refuse to TRY different things. They stubbornly keep doing the same incorrect things and rely solely on their audience to tell them what to do.

I'm never present for their live-streams, nor do I want to be. I'd be too compelled to tear into them about it, and probably get banned for it. But... seeing them practically burst a blood vessel in rage later on when the game takes the training wheels off makes it all worth it. I remember a stand up comedian saying he wished moments of stupidity came with a little ice cream headache as a kind of universal disciplinary action. Close enough.

That's about the only cringy stuff I can stomach. Apart from my own moments of stupidity and immaturity of course.
fgsfds100
Physical Champion

Postby MYKUL77 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:52 pm

That first guy, the Pac-Man dude, he reminds me of Metal Jesus before he was "famous"! :lol:

and who was running that restaurant.... Right Said Fred?! :lol:

That I don't know, fast talking guy is kind of funny. I've seen a couple videos of his "interviews", and I've got a laugh out of them. He's got the "awkwardness" down pretty good.
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby PunishedSonicSpeed » Thu May 16, 2019 7:27 am

I am not sure about if this is cringe.

I think a common mistake from the people is confuse cringe with "foreign embarassment".

About this I don't know, I think it is just so ridiculous to be taken seriously that is one of the reason for take something as cringe, I could call it foreign embarrassment for sure.

Whatever year it is and the videogame community still sucks...
Real fan of Sonic The Hedgehog and Konami but also Sonic The Hedgehog.
PunishedSonicSpeed
LRG Super Fan

Location: The blood in my veins is cursed, give me a Pizza before you leave me alone.

Return to General Discussions