• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Grizzled » Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Did you see the Japanese PS4 physical release of the game, got tempted by it, but ultimately decided against it in hopes of it receiving a western release? Well, good news, for the developers of the game have just announced a physical release for both PS4 and Switch, to be handled by LRG:

https://twitter.com/ThroughLineGame/sta ... 4675686400

No release date as of yet, but I'll update this thread when more info is announced.
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby elsiegg2 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:53 pm

So excited for this on Switch!
elsiegg2
I want to believe

Postby VoltronsGrundle » Wed May 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Son of a bovine bitch!
I literally just imported the japanese version on PS4 from playasia b/c it is in English on the disc.

Dammit. Guess I’ll buy the Switch version from LRG. Good for you folks who waited.
Defender of the Universe
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Wed May 15, 2019 4:14 pm

VoltronsGrundle wrote:Son of a bovine bitch!
I literally just imported the japanese version on PS4 from playasia b/c it is in English on the disc.

Dammit. Guess I’ll buy the Switch version from LRG. Good for you folks who waited.
wtf is a bovine?
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Wed May 15, 2019 4:26 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:
VoltronsGrundle wrote:Son of a bovine bitch!

wtf is a bovine?

The cow family.

And cool, I fancy this on Switch more than PS4 so wasn't too keen on the PS4 import. I enjoyed the demo on Switch.
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Good thing I didn't get the Japanese version!
Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Thu May 16, 2019 11:16 am

Yes! I knew it would happen eventually! Hurray!!!
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Great news! As for me, though, I bought the JP version already. As such, being that it's fully on disc with no patches needed and is in English, I really have no reason to double dip. I guess if new, relevant content comes for the LRG release I will, but otherwise, I'm good. I do wish that LRG would announce games sooner that already have international releases, though.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Soera » Thu May 16, 2019 3:15 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:I do wish that LRG would announce games sooner that already have international releases, though.

This right here. I have currently 2 forms of Rive, Ys Origin, Yesterday Origins, and soon to be Strikers edge. It would have been more Im sure but some games I was more patient on.
Soera
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:Great news! As for me, though, I bought the JP version already. As such, being that it's fully on disc with no patches needed and is in English, I really have no reason to double dip. I guess if new, relevant content comes for the LRG release I will, but otherwise, I'm good. I do wish that LRG would announce games sooner that already have international releases, though.
I wiah they announce games earlier period

they used to be great at this

now your lucky if they announce a game a week or 2 weeks before it goes on sale

glad I wont have to deal with that issue anymore in a few months though

16 games left that I hopefully will be able to afford.

after that maybe the rare 3ds or ps3 game but in general its not an issue anymore.

in 3 and a half week I should know what is comming anyway
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby tguk911 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:06 am

mr. Hyde wrote:I wiah they announce games earlier period

they used to be great at this

now your lucky if they announce a game a week or 2 weeks before it goes on sale

glad I wont have to deal with that issue anymore in a few months though

16 games left that I hopefully will be able to afford.

after that maybe the rare 3ds or ps3 game but in general its not an issue anymore.

in 3 and a half week I should know what is comming anyway

I too wish games we're announced earlier, they've said it's because they don't want to give release dates until they are positive they will know when stuff will be ready to go on sale since they have to coordinate the esrb pages and other stuff. A couple of games this month have been moved around very last minute Battle Garegga was supposed to be released on the 17th but got moved to the 10th and the May 24th game had to be switched out altogether with a different game so I do see why since I think a lot of ppl would miss sales if they had to switch release dates all the time.
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:22 am

Unless contracts typically fall through behind the scenes (like the 20-or-so Vita games that didn't make it, RIP), they could at least say what's coming without any specific dates. That's what the upcoming games page is for, isn't it? That page has been grossly unused since... whenever it was when they added the last batch of games... 2017 I think, along with their game trailer compilation videos. Back then, a few games had dates (most of which got moved around) but everything else was and continues to be TBA.

The remaining 4-5 that I care about are what keeps me coming back every day to check for news of what's coming right now. Once those are done, I'll still keep coming back, but I'll be completely in the dark expectation-wise and if there is a long enough span of time with nothing I care for, the interest will eventually fade away.
fgsfds100
Physical Champion

Postby Tekkaman » Sat May 18, 2019 1:10 pm

LRG announces what they can when they can. Sometimes they hold back due to delays at Sony/Nintendo, sometimes due to developer-related issues, and sometimes to avoid a larger release from overshadowing a smaller or lesser-known release. While the Upcoming Games list has been underutilized, let us not forget their annual E3 announcement videos. They usually announce around 20 games during that event and most of them don't have solid release dates.

Would it be great if LRG could announce all of their releases in advance? Of course! But for the reasons I stated above (and probably others), they aren't able to do that. Can it be inconvenient at times? Absolutely! And LRG knows this, hence why they try to drop little Easter eggs and hints whenever they can. It's not a perfect system, but it's not for lack of trying on LRG's part.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Tekkaman wrote:LRG announces what they can when they can. Sometimes they hold back due to delays at Sony/Nintendo, sometimes due to developer-related issues, and sometimes to avoid a larger release from overshadowing a smaller or lesser-known release. While the Upcoming Games list has been underutilized, let us not forget their annual E3 announcement videos. They usually announce around 20 games during that event and most of them don't have solid release dates.

Would it be great if LRG could announce all of their releases in advance? Of course! But for the reasons I stated above (and probably others), they aren't able to do that. Can it be inconvenient at times? Absolutely! And LRG knows this, hence why they try to drop little Easter eggs and hints whenever they can. It's not a perfect system, but it's not for lack of trying on LRG's part.
I get that they cant annoucne games years beforehand but 1 week is the other extreme

they could say for example game x wil hit AROUND august for example

that way they dont give a specific date but people at leats know to expect itt around that time if its a month earlier or later its no big deal ebcause its stil AROUND august.

its annoying as hell planning to buy games if you have a job or soemthing.

I think next week for example there wil be nothing then they annoucne soemthing i want 3 days beforehand.
there is no real defence for that maybe if it happened with 1 game rarely but it happens with almost everything.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:36 pm

I don't even need a ballpark time frame. I'd just like to know what they will be releasing for sure any time in the future. Packaging/contents don't have to be in stone, just the titles themselves.

Did they even announce a batch last year? The last time I remember seeing a big list of upcoming LRG games was 2017. At least this year they will be doing it again for sure. Hopefully not just for Vita.
fgsfds100
Physical Champion

Postby Tekkaman » Sat May 18, 2019 2:10 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:Did they even announce a batch last year?

Yes, during their E3 livestream.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby VoltronsGrundle » Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Me thinks BMCfail and Tekkaman one and the same. The LRGDF is getting sneaky tryna makes it look like they has added to their ranks.
Defender of the Universe
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 pm

What are you talking about. Tekkaman is clearly part of the Earth Defense Force. Says so right under the name.

LRG being on Earth would imply that coming to their defense is also part of the job, but then again you're part of the Universe Defense Force which contains all of the above.
fgsfds100
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:49 pm

VoltronsGrundle wrote:Me thinks BMCfail and Tekkaman one and the same. The LRGDF is getting sneaky tryna makes it look like they has added to their ranks.

No need to start that thing all over again. Please don't open that box so everything goes smoothly.

You can express your discomfort with LRG releases, practices, model, etc, but throwing jabs at other users doesn't add to the debate.

fgsfds100 wrote:LRG being on Earth would imply that coming to their defense is also part of the job, but then again you're part of the Universe Defense Force which contains all of the above.

I can't spot a fault on that logic.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 am

Soera wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:I do wish that LRG would announce games sooner that already have international releases, though.

This right here. I have currently 2 forms of Rive, Ys Origin, Yesterday Origins, and soon to be Strikers edge. It would have been more Im sure but some games I was more patient on.

Rive from PA I shal say it absolutaly superior. Though neither version have all patches on disc (one still needs downloading) the PA version has that nice box with post card, a manual and 2 disc soundtrack. I ended up selling my LRG version and getting it.

Super Rare is now doing Rive Ultimate Edition for Switch which is fully complete on cart. I will absolutely get that to play on the go as I just love the game. It's a very not much talked about shooter.
Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby bap » Mon May 20, 2019 1:05 am

Tekkaman wrote:
fgsfds100 wrote:Did they even announce a batch last year?

Yes, during their E3 livestream.

I should re-watch to see how many or the announced titles have since released.
bap
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:11 am

One of the top comments listed (I'm assuming) everything if you don't want to put in the time to watch the whole thing.

44:29 Golf Story on Switch
45:55 Iconoclasts on PS4 and PSVita
48:25 Observer on PS4
49:50 Layers of Fear on Switch
51:35 Thumper on PS4 and Switch
53:01 House In Fata Morgana on PS4 and PSVita
56:26 Read Only Memories on PSVita
57:40 VA11 HALL-A (vallhalla in leet) on PSVita
1:00:06 Senran Kagura Bon Apetiddy on PSVita
1:02:14 Oceanhorn on switch
1:04:14 Cosmicstar Heroine on Switch
1:07:07 Yuka Laylee on Switch
1:09:48 Spellunky on PS4 and PSVita'
1:11:05 Exile's End on PS4 and PSVita
1:12:32 Phantom Breakers Battlegrounds on PS4 and PSVita
1:14:24 Salt & Sanctuary on PS4 and PSVita
1:16:27 Dust: An Elysian Tail on Switch
1:19:17 Double Switch

I think Fata Morgana is the only one not out yet.
fgsfds100
Physical Champion

Postby StormJumper » Mon May 20, 2019 3:05 pm

I am game for Physical version been waiting for some time.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Return to Limited Run Discussion