• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby Aggie Tsubi » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 am

If these are very old contracts as LRG said, then they very well could have been signed before LRG started passing on some titles, and LRG has never stopped pursuing new contracts altogether. Video game publishing isn't a zero-sum game. The more they release, the more reliable and reputable they look to other developers, gaining them even more choices in what they can publish, allowing for better and better games to get physical releases. LRG wouldn't be where it is today without the foundation of its earliest releases, even if many of those weren't especially good, in my opinion.
Aggie Tsubi
Physical Champion

Postby BenoitRen » Thu May 16, 2019 7:36 am

VoltronsGrundle wrote:Even Red Art is releasing Gekido in about 7hrs from this post for switch and ps4.

Red Art Games seems to be a questionable publisher, though. Any truth to the following?
The same person behind Red Art Games was a notorious scalper of stuff from Limited Run Games, constantly finding a way to get around the order limits and the resulting bans for breaking the rules. They even did chargebacks against LRG when they received their copies just to get them for free and screw LRG over.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am

BenoitRen wrote:
VoltronsGrundle wrote:Even Red Art is releasing Gekido in about 7hrs from this post for switch and ps4.

Red Art Games seems to be a questionable publisher, though. Any truth to the following?
The same person behind Red Art Games was a notorious scalper of stuff from Limited Run Games, constantly finding a way to get around the order limits and the resulting bans for breaking the rules. They even did chargebacks against LRG when they received their copies just to get them for free and screw LRG over.

I bought one of the physical games they published, and have it now. Beyond that I don''t know.

VoltronsGrundle wrote:I mention those other games from other folks b/c they consistently release good to great games month after month at a pace of 1 game per month instead of flooding the market with rereleases, garbage, and a random decent title every now and then.

Not that I'm trying to be an apologist for LRG, a company is a company is a company, but those other fledglings have to come out swinging if they want to get a foothold.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu May 16, 2019 9:04 am

BenoitRen wrote:

we have dougs statement but no proof

I dont think doug is lying I even think I know who that guy is

but they always delivered their games at least I bought all their vita releases and got them all even 1 that was stolen in the mail I got in the end (they send a new one but that took a lot of patience and emails)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby bmcphail » Thu May 16, 2019 9:20 am

mr. Hyde wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:

but they always delivered their games at least I bought all their vita releases and got them all even 1 that was stolen in the mail I got in the end (they send a new one but that took a lot of patience and emails)

Red Art is legit, but their website is garbage and once again crashed this morning. Also, Gekido isn't exactly what I would call a quality release, at least not on PS4 and Switch. The Metacritic reviews are low and while I only played it for a few minutes, the animation is pretty poor and jerky. It felt like a King of Fighters ripoff where someone ran out of time and money to finish it. The truth is that all of these companies including LRG release stuff that not everyone is going to like or that isn't highly rated. It doesn't reduce the number of releases that have more mass appeal as there are now tons of these companies out there. Personally, I am excited about the releases tomorrow and will buy them all. If someone doesn't like them, they can just pass on them and it will all be fine as more releases are coming from all of the companies this month.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu May 16, 2019 9:25 am

bmcphail wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:

Red Art is legit, but their website is garbage and once again crashed this morning. Also, Gekido isn't exactly what I would call a quality release, at least not on PS4 and Switch. The Metacritic reviews are low and while I only played it for a few minutes, the animation is pretty poor and jerky. It felt like a King of Fighters ripoff where someone ran out of time and money to finish it. The truth is that all of these companies including LRG release stuff that not everyone is going to like or that isn't highly rated. It doesn't reduce the number of releases that have more mass appeal as there are now tons of these companies out there. Personally, I am excited about the releases tomorrow and will buy them all. If someone doesn't like them, they can just pass on them and it will all be fine as more releases are coming from all of the companies this month.
their website isnt the greatest but betetr then the one lrg has currently

and gekido is a famous name so in that regard its a great release. I never played it so I cant judge quality of the series but I did reconize the art straight away.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 am

I never had problems with red art either, Gekido is my 5th orso order.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am

mr. Hyde wrote:their website isnt the greatest but betetr then the one lrg has currently

I dunno... love it or hate it, LRG's new design still works, their side pages for information are still complete (and mostly up to date), their quick links in the footer all still work, their product pages all still have information (and it's mostly sufficient), their product quantities don't frequently jump from "in stock" to "low stock" to "sold out" and back again over the span of months (on products that ARE limited), and they're still consistent about which language they want to use throughout their site. Their web server also isn't a potato.

RAG took about a literal minute minimum to load each time I refreshed, when the server didn't outright die. Stock didn't kick in until several minutes after the countdown ended (not to say that LRG has never been late), and when I finally got to the checkout, each step still took an unreasonably long amount of time. Not only that, the PayPal transaction went through (with confirmation email) but then the return trip to the RAG page died. The RAG confirmation came in about 2 minutes later though, and I see the order in my account so it's all good now. I didn't and still don't expect Gekido to be a blowout (on PS4 at least), nor was I like "OMFG I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE AND I'LL DIE WITHOUT IT" about it, so I wasn't all that bothered. Nevertheless, they really need to upgrade their back-end code and clean up their pages. I will give them credit that their connection is okay. Pings went through fine. But man that site is awful (they even acknowledge it themselves on twitter). Elevating theirs above LRG's because you're still salty about the redesign is kind of immature.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu May 16, 2019 10:16 am

fgsfds100 wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:their website isnt the greatest but betetr then the one lrg has currently

I dunno... love it or hate it, LRG's new design still works, their side pages for information are still complete (and mostly up to date), their quick links in the footer all still work, their product pages all still have information (and it's mostly sufficient), their product quantities don't frequently jump from "in stock" to "low stock" to "sold out" and back again over the span of months (on products that ARE limited), and they're still consistent about which language they want to use throughout their site. Their web server also isn't a potato.

RAG took about a literal minute minimum to load each time I refreshed, when the server didn't outright die. Stock didn't kick in until several minutes after the countdown ended (not to say that LRG has never been late), and when I finally got to the checkout, each step still took an unreasonably long amount of time. Not only that, the PayPal transaction went through (with confirmation email) but then the return trip to the RAG page died. The RAG confirmation came in about 2 minutes later though, and I see the order in my account so it's all good now. I didn't and still don't expect Gekido to be a blowout (on PS4 at least), nor was I like "OMFG I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE AND I'LL DIE WITHOUT IT" about it, so I wasn't all that bothered. Nevertheless, they really need to upgrade their back-end code and clean up their pages. I will give them credit that their connection is okay. Pings went through fine. But man that site is awful (they even acknowledge it themselves on twitter). Elevating theirs above LRG's because you're still salty about the redesign is kind of immature.
that is indeed an issue they have which sucks with sales sometimes its slow.

however I was talking about the whole site this is just a part of it interface wise for example they are better.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am

It's functional, but then so was the limited rare poop game site. RAG's design is a mess of wasted space, ugly doodads, duplicate/missing/inconsistent information and broken links.

Click on "My Orders" or "My Account" at the bottom of the page. 404 for both.
You have to click on "My Account" in the top-right corner and click on your name, then, if you don't speak French, guess which of the 8 things under "Mon compte" is your order history (Mes Commandes)... while avoiding the compulsion to wonder why there is an empty panel on the left that's simply labelled "PS4".

If all you care about is where the big "<LINK TO GAME X>", "ADD TO CART", "GO TO CART" and "CHECKOUT" buttons are, then sure, it gets the job done. But from a design standpoint, it is atrocious.

LRG's only design fault is being too fancy on the homepage.
Which is kind of like saying "Hey gar-con, I know lay chef is a skilled artisan, but can I get some ketchup for this masterfully created dish? I'm kind of a rube and it's just too much for my simple tastes."
And yes, I am saying that myself, lol.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am

fgsfds100 wrote:It's functional, but then so was the limited rare poop game site. RAG's design is a mess of wasted space, ugly doodads, duplicate/missing/inconsistent information and broken links.

Click on "My Orders" or "My Account" at the bottom of the page. 404 for both.
You have to click on "My Account" in the top-right corner and click on your name, then, if you don't speak French, guess which of the 8 things under "Mon compte" is your order history (Mes Commandes)... while avoiding the compulsion to wonder why there is an empty panel on the left that's simply labelled "PS4".

If all you care about is where the big "<LINK TO GAME X>", "ADD TO CART", "GO TO CART" and "CHECKOUT" buttons are, then sure, it gets the job done. But from a design standpoint, it is atrocious.

LRG's only design fault is being too fancy on the homepage.
Which is kind of like saying "Hey gar-con, I know lay chef is a skilled artisan, but can I get some ketchup for this masterfully created dish? I'm kind of a rube and it's just too much for my simple tastes."
And yes, I am saying that myself, lol.
weird I never got those errors the half french parts of the site is a big annoyance to me as well but then again I am not buying their stuff anymore they are done with vita and I have no interest in ps4 or the switch
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu May 16, 2019 11:47 am

fgsfds100 wrote:

Oh my gosh! Yes, Gekido was my 1st RedArt purchase (thanks for the heads up Grundle!) and, no lie, it took me a total of about 25 minutes to order it with the slowdown, errors, etc. It was EXTREMELY annoying, but my order went through, thankfully.

I'm still considering whether or not I want Earthlock on Switch or not. I feel like the new version won't be released on PS4 since they already did a mass release of the first edition. But if someone confirmed they are doing a new PS4 release, I'd wait for that.

As for the "pig lipstick" games and the value of physical releases, time & effort from LRG contracts, etc. etc., the truth is, people have differing opinions. SOMEBODY out there likes these games, enough so that even though they're old contracts, LRG at one point saw fit enough to put on disc. There are people here that enjoy them, even if they aren't as good as some other yet-unreleased games. I mean, Voltron, you are even picking one of them up! And I'm picking a different one up. Our reasons are similar, though. You like the art style of Desert Child and I like FMV games. Neither of us (I'm assuming in your case) have actually played any of these yet, but we're buying them based on some aesthetic reason in hopes we will enjoy them for what they are. They may actually be a lot of fun, even if they aren't as good as Freedom Planet, Unruly Heroes, etc.

The point is, different people have different tastes and some will be happy to get these games. Just because a "more deserving" game hasn't been released physically yet doesn't mean "less deserving" games shouldn't be released at all. Still, there's value in opining about what you think is crap VS what you'd like to see. Of course, LRG may not see your opinion at this point, but still.

Anyhow, I'm not kissing any pigs but I'm still looking forward to trying out Dr. Dekker and hoping it's more bacon than ham (I'm not a big ham fan)!

*Edit: I decided to get Earthlock. :D
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:11 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:Anyhow, I'm not kissing any pigs but I'm still looking forward to trying out Dr. Dekker

I watched a review for it and it seems different from the other recent new FMV games in that you actually type your own responses to the characters.

So with that in mind: when you get it and get around to playing it, please incorporate the word "melon" into one of your messages to the characters and tell me how it goes.
spoiler: [I'm really hoping for a Facade reference easter egg.]
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby FoP » Thu May 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Wow, Doctor Dekker (and Striker's Edge) is just 1500 copies... Not that I'm worried about missing out, but it feels odd since the other new FMV games haven't been mega-slow either; Late Shift sold out in around 2 days I think. Judging by older PS4 print runs, I actually thought that 1800 was the minimum in the US. As it is now these will be a tie for lowest PS4 fixed-print run along with Siralim 2. Though some open preorders without CE's are probably fewer copies, according to Budgies topic (HERE) Bomb Chicken only sold around 1000 copies.

Also, while I'm glad that Desert Child is getting a physical release (even if I'll admit that it doesn't seem like it turned out as good as it looked during the Kickstarter) that box art really annoys me. Romeo is so big, uses a "clearer" font and stands out so much it's what you read first rather than the title. ...but I gotta love the smaller grafitti though. :D
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Medisto » Thu May 16, 2019 7:23 pm

I'd like to get Aegis Defenders together with something more to save on shipping. I ain't really feeling today's three PS4 releases. Might go for Dekker though. If only we knew what will be released on May 24th...
Medisto
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 pm

Anyone have any theories on which of the 3 titles is mostly like to have the potential to still be in stock till next Friday? I think I went over my budget for games this week with the 3 other publishers releases today and I may only be able to order 2 of the 3 tomorrow and cross my fingers one will hold out till next weeks release (same with A-Train,dont know why they insist on doing 2 releases on the same week).
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby VoltronsGrundle » Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Anyone have any theories on which of the 3 titles is mostly like to have the potential to still be in stock till next Friday? I think I went over my budget for games this week with the 3 other publishers releases today and I may only be able to order 2 of the 3 tomorrow and cross my fingers one will hold out till next weeks release (same with A-Train,dont know why they insist on doing 2 releases on the same week).

Tell you what egg man ;) I’ll snag an extra desert child tomorrow since I am buying 1 anyway adding a 2nd to cart is no big. Once I have it in hand and you are ready to purchase it let me know. Regardless if it is selling for more online ir not you can purchase it from me for MSRP plus the shipping. I’m just north of ATL GA. If you are in the states shipping will be cheap. Ive done this for a couple folks on the forums in the past. I dont mind helping you out if you need it. Private message me and we can exchange contact info if you like. I’ll grab two regardless if you respond and message me before the sale at 10am so dont fret. If you want the second copy its yours.
Defender of the Universe
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan

Postby VoltronsGrundle » Thu May 16, 2019 11:47 pm

Barrudo, glad you got Gekido. Ive never seen issues like the ones this morning at Red Art. I own maybe 6 or 7 of their releases. Never a loose disc or an order snafu! Today was the first time I saw them launch a preorder at an exact time for everybody though and Gekido is easily their coolest release yet so I imagine their tiny site couldnt handle the frothing at the mouth traffic this morning. I had issues getting the site to load from 9:59 til about 10:10 and I gave up.
A few mins later I checked back and all was working fine so I ordered both the ps4 and switch versions.

You wont regret Earthlock either. The vanilla version is a joy regardless of the middling reviews but this updated version is deliciously oozing 90’s jrpg nostalgia. Having it on the go is a gift to be sure.
Defender of the Universe
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan

Postby DaBargainHunta » Fri May 17, 2019 3:00 am

I came on to find videos for this week's releases. While I like the aesthetic of Desert Child, the reviews are abysmal. I do like FMV games, but Dekker feels like something I can do without. Strikers Edge doesn't strike my fancy at all or edge me toward a purchase.

VoltronsGrundle wrote:Even Red Art is releasing Gekido in about 7hrs from this post for switch and ps4. An absolute gem from the GBA era. Something no one expected and its got a nice package with extras for the same exact price as a standard LRG release. Meanwhile LRG wants me to spend nearly $100 on Friday for trash. Gonna go with the competition this week.

I impulse bought this because I'm a sucker for beat-em-ups and remember liking the PS1 original. Glad to hear it's a gem.

VoltronsGrundle wrote:Barrudo, glad you got Gekido. Ive never seen issues like the ones this morning at Red Art. I own maybe 6 or 7 of their releases. Never a loose disc or an order snafu! Today was the first time I saw them launch a preorder at an exact time for everybody though and Gekido is easily their coolest release yet so I imagine their tiny site couldnt handle the frothing at the mouth traffic this morning. I had issues getting the site to load from 9:59 til about 10:10 and I gave up.
A few mins later I checked back and all was working fine so I ordered both the ps4 and switch versions.

I signed up for the site and ordered in the evening (the release date/time totally slipped my mind, so I'm glad it was still in-stock by the time I remembered). The site slowed to a crawl during the account registration and payment portions of the process but everything seems to have gone smoothly otherwise. I did get the "Processing in progress" e-mail five times though, several hours after I placed my order. (All of the other e-mails - order confirmation, payment received, etc. - came right after I ordered.)
DaBargainHunta
Physical Champion

Postby kazumn » Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 am

Think i'm going to sit this one out, nothing really that interest me much. That A-train game on wednesday i'm definetly getting so if any of todays releases are still avaible i may be tempted to grab dr dekker alongside it.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Fri May 17, 2019 10:06 am

weird that no one mentioned getting these games todya normaly there is a topic for it and everything but not today
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby budgie » Fri May 17, 2019 11:19 am

mr. Hyde wrote:weird that no one mentioned getting these games todya normaly there is a topic for it and everything but not today

Maybe a bit of buyer burnout with PS4 games?

We've had 33 Switch games since launch (30/03/2018). During that same period, 34 Vita games. Those are sensible numbers.

PS4? 75 games! (86 if you include PSVR and SRG releases). Who can keep up with that? IMO, there have been a lot of questionable game choices e.g. exploration 'adventure' games, walking sims, 8-bit RPG's that all look identical. Price parity with Switch releases. More competitors who seem to understand that quality > quantity.
>>>LRG MASTER LIST<<< Bastion, Bloodstained, CSH, Curses, Hue, Iconoclasts, La-Mulana, Mutant Blobs, Mudds Deluxe + SC, Oceanhorn, Oddworld Munch + Stranger, Rabi-Ribi, Rock Boshers, Runner, S+S, Sky Force, Spelunky, Stealth Inc, Super Hydorah, Swapper, Thomas, Volume, Xenon, Xeodrifter, Bomb Chicken, Celeste, Escape Goat, Kero Blaster, Merc Kings, N++, Nex Machina, Rain World, Splasher, Oddworld NNT, Freedom Planet, Slime-san
budgie
Physical Champion

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am

I went for Dekker alone. Shipping is a bit pricy now but at least it was a lowest priced game. I thought about A Train but not $65 worth of interest as it is a separate day to the rest. Nice to see LRG releasing it though.

I see Dekker was fastest seller at 6, but 10 could be a whole different matter.
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Fri May 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Does anyone know if Striker's Edge has any extra patches/content that the original physical release lacks?
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby Olivier B » Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 pm

For the first time ever I bought nothing from LRG this week.
Image Image
Olivier B
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Fri May 17, 2019 7:20 pm

budgie wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:weird that no one mentioned getting these games todya normaly there is a topic for it and everything but not today

Maybe a bit of buyer burnout with PS4 games?

We've had 33 Switch games since launch (30/03/2018). During that same period, 34 Vita games. Those are sensible numbers.

PS4? 75 games! (86 if you include PSVR and SRG releases). Who can keep up with that? IMO, there have been a lot of questionable game choices e.g. exploration 'adventure' games, walking sims, 8-bit RPG's that all look identical. Price parity with Switch releases. More competitors who seem to understand that quality > quantity.
maybe its not only lrg either their competors as well

lrg could have had an huge advantage since they where on the market first but right now it seems that lrg is among the weaker parties with ps4

and also switch to a degree since a lot of the games are games that where already released on ps4 and or vita.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby DoomsDave » Fri May 17, 2019 10:43 pm

VoltronsGrundle wrote:As for Battle Garegga..... like nearly 50% of LRG’s releases in the last year+, it has been physically available elsewhere. While I bought LRG’s release it certainly wasnt a surprise to see it released by them. I half expect them to announce a Switch version a year from now. They have certainly established a pattern of rereleasing everything in their back catalogue on Switch. Yawn.

M2 have said a bunch of times that there's pretty much no chance of Garegga or any of the STG releases to end up on Switch. They couldn't get their port of Garegga to run well on Switch so they basically gave up and haven't looked into it since.
DoomsDave
LRG Super Fan

Previous

Return to Limited Run Discussion