• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Greetings. So with Sony's announcement of the Playstation 5, that opens up tons of possibilities of games getting improved ports and limited edition releases that have already come out for the Vita, Switch and Playstation 4.

There's a ton of games that I would buy again for various reasons, either with extra content that had been exclusive to the Switch or games now running at 60fps instead of 30fps and/or at much higher resolutions/graphic settings, if they ended up getting another limited edition release - for the Playstation 5.

Games I can think of that would be well worth buying again....

Firewatch: The PS4 version only runs at 30fps. It'd benefit greatly running at 60fps with 4k resolution as a bonus.

Layers of Fear: The PS4 version's framerate was somewhere between 30fps and 60fps but at no point was it ever at 60fps, more like in the 40s.

Bard's Gold: The Switch version is getting the Halloween content which wasn't included in the PS4 version. There could be a PS5 version with the Halloween content and a bigger trophy list like what the Steam and XB1 versions have.

2064: Read Only Memories: Switch version has a 20 minute sidequest missing from the PS4 version and physical PS4 version is missing the quick-skip patch on disc

Aqua Kitty DX: There's a UDX version on Xbox One and Switch with a new game mode with new content not in the PS4 version

The Kemco jrpgs: most of them run at 30fps and give off an annoying strobe effect with the framerate
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby ChaosCat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Shadow Complex & Momodora for sure! I dont think id rebuy most though, especially considering PS5 is pretty much PS4 game compatible, or so ive been hearing today!
ChaosCat
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Night Trap, if it was fully patched and glitch-free.

Maybe a Shantae collection with all the games and DLC?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Turteyz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:12 pm

I'll be the dissenter on this. I'm okay if they add updates/patches to games for PS5 upgrades but I'd be really hesitant to rebuy games just for a patch.

If a game were to create a GOTY disc where all DLC is included on disc, then maybe I could justify double dipping but just thinking of recent titles, LRG has done a pretty good job of ensuring all the current DLC is on disc so not sure which specific games I'd do it for.

I'd be in to rebuy games if they came in a 4-in-1 collection. Like say a Kemco collection or whatever other publisher/franchise.
Turteyz
Physical Champion

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:25 pm

I should mention that there is a good chance that the PS5 will allow PS4 games to run under the PS5's better hardware, similar to the PS4 Pro's boost mode. That would allow something like Layers of Fear to run at a locked 60fps instead of the 40-ish fps that it normally runs at, and with it already having all dlc, there'd be no point to re-release it, unless there was a Layers of Fear 1 and 2 Collection or something.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby tguk911 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 pm

Since we know PS5 is bc with PS4 I don't see mucn point in rereleases unless there is new content released, the PS5 will prolong the time we will be able to download the patches online for quite a long time from now so I personally would rather see releases for new games that don't have physicals already.
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:29 am

No. I'm generally very against rebuying the same games, especially 1 generation later or on competing consoles in he same generation, unless there are substantial improvements (existing DLC put on disc or a slight bump in frame rate or polygon count doesn't cut it) and, ideally, bundling of multiple games into one.

Maybe if I were the type who sold off my entire collection each time they roll out the next generation, but I find that practice to be even more asinine than next-gen double-dipping.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Luisito0o314 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:37 am

100% No, to re buy games 1 Gen after is a little excessive. I don't even like when they remaster certain games so quickly after. That being said I see more of the AAA games getting revamped for the PS5 such as Last of Us 2, Red Dead 2 and so on. The smaller indie games as others had mentioned I can see maybe an update here and there to enhance. The PS5 being Backwards Compatible will be beneficial for everyone as Sony will continue making revenue with continuation of Sales of PS4 games and the new PS5 games. People WILL buy the PS5 for the upgrades (especially us Day 1 adapters of the PS4) and they'll still continue to produce PS4 for those that don't want to dish out the extra money. If its true the system will be 8K compatible, this will be more reason to continue to produce PS4's as not everyone will have an 8K tv and would be content with just a PRO, cheaper too considering the rumor is the PS5 will be $100 more than a Pro.

My 2 cents, I could also be 100% wrong lol idk.
Luisito0o314
I want to believe

Postby 315retro » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 am

Only games that had separate trophies. There's a few I really loved that I'd replay for trophies. Otherwise definitely not. Unless somhow ps5 is cartridges lol.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:28 am

315retro wrote:Only games that had separate trophies. There's a few I really loved that I'd replay for trophies. Otherwise definitely not. Unless somhow ps5 is cartridges lol.

This.

The improvements and extras would need to be ultra tempting for me to rebuy.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Postmortimus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:01 am

None. It's apparently going to be backwards compatible with all PS4 releases.

Maybe if the PS5 release has substantially more content.
Postmortimus
Physical Champion

Postby panzermanathod » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Yeah, unless the game had some sort of substantial addition, no reason to rebuy any games since PS5 can play PS4 games.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Postby four+zero » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:57 pm

The PS5 is more or less confirmed at this point to be fully backwards compatible, so previous generation iterations wouldn't be feasible to re-release physically on the system.
four+zero
Physical Warrior

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:51 pm

Only major one for me would be a double-pack of both Breach&Clear games. 2nd chance for those that missed the Vita original and a fixed version of the supposedly unbeatable Deadline. Honestly, games that are broken beyond completion concern me more then if a title is missing some piece of DLC.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby pancakeday » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 am

Buy again? None. All PS4 games will work on it lol. What's the point?

If there's a PS5 patch for PS4 games - great. But I'm never going to pay for that.

PS4 will be around for years, they're not going anywhere - especially if the PS5 is going to be as expensive as predicted.
pancakeday
True Believer

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 am

I've said in another thread that even when a console is backwards compatible, I still prefer to play games on the original hardware they were made for. So even if they axe the backwards compatibility before or after launch, I still won't rebuy any games.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Return to Limited Run Discussion