• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby LimitedRunJosh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 am

Hi everyone,

While we investigate other options for forums, I've decided to leave these forums open for the people who have called this place home for the last (nearly) four years. I understand how important this forum may have become for you and that you all have built friendships here that you want to maintain. If we can find moderators who are willing to take it upon themselves to clean up bot posts and moderate content, we will keep these forums active until we find a new community forum solution.

If you would like to apply to become a moderator, please send me a PM. I will make selections this week. I believe we will only need two or three moderators. I will review previous post history and decide based upon your previous interactions with the community. Douglas, Sarah, and I will not be actively checking these forums, so it will not be a source for direct interaction with us - if you would like a quick way to touch base with us, please join our Discord community at http://discord.gg/limitedrungames or our subreddit at http://reddit.com/r/limitedrun. You can also find Douglas and I on Twitter at http://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh and http://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug.

If we notice that, after granting moderator privileges, the forums are still being overrun with bots or bot posts, we may still need to move forward with shutting these down. Unfortunately, PHPBB3 is not great security wise. It'll be a tough thing for me to do, but I think at that point we at least made an effort to allow this community to continue. :D
Limited Run's Dad
LimitedRunJosh
Founder

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:47 am

im gonna keep this short and simple

THANK YOU
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:52 am

Thx you Josh, Douglas and all LRG team.

btw it being a while we havent see you around 8-)
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby MYKUL77 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:57 am

THANK YOU JOSH! :D

I TRULY APPRECIATE your understanding, and the decision you have made!

I have no doubt you'll be able to find some outstanding moderators.
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:00 am

MYKUL77 wrote:THANK YOU JOSH! :D

I TRULY APPRECIATE your understanding, and the decision you have made!

I have no doubt you'll be able to find some outstanding moderators.
why not yourself?:)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:02 am

The Madman has come to save us from extinction! Sounds like a wise decision, let's hope it works out.

Thanks for this!
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby LimitedRunJosh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:10 am

Please welcome Best1989 as our first official fan moderator! I'm pretty sure I've configured the settings correctly so all moderator abilities should be active!
Limited Run's Dad
LimitedRunJosh
Founder

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:11 am

LimitedRunJosh wrote:Please welcome Best1989 as our first official fan moderator! I'm pretty sure I've configured the settings correctly so all moderator abilities should be active!
great pick
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:13 am

i have send my application thx for looking into it.

congra to you Best1989 :D
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:22 am

Wow! First the forum is closing, then it's closing sooner and now it's staying open thanks to a newly deputized community team! What a whirlwind over the past couple days!

Shock and awe aside, this is such wonderful news! And congrats to Best1989 on being the first community moderator! I am hopeful that we will be able to police ourselves and the site we have come to call home well enough to make Josh proud of his decision!
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby Best1989 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:23 am

LimitedRunJosh wrote:Please welcome Best1989 as our first official fan moderator! I'm pretty sure I've configured the settings correctly so all moderator abilities should be active!

Thanks for the confidence! I just did a quick run of the options and everything seems to be there, so I'm good to start!

Tekkaman wrote:Wow! First the forum is closing, then it's closing sooner and now it's staying open thanks to a newly deputized community team! What a whirlwind over the past couple days!

Shock and awe aside, this is such wonderful news! And congrats to Best1989 on being the first community moderator! I am hopeful that we will be able to police ourselves and the site we have come to call home well enough to make Josh proud of his decision!

Yeah, let's try to keep it civil, bois and gurls. This ship needs to sail smoothly until Adrian decides to bring out some of his Skullgirlz money to pay dem $1500 for the new software lol
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby budgie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 am

Fantastic news :D
>>>LRG MASTER LIST<<< Bastion, Bloodstained, CSH, Curses, Hue, Iconoclasts, La-Mulana, Mudds, Oceanhorn, Oddworld Munch+Stranger, Rabi-Ribi, Rock Boshers, Runner, S+S, Sky Force, Spelunky, Stealth Inc, Super Hydorah, Swapper, Thomas, Volume, Xenon Valkyrie, Xeodrifter AHNW, Aaero, Bomb Chicken, Celeste, Escape Goat, Flinthook, Kero Blaster, Momodora, Neonwall, Nex Machina, N++, Rain World, Splasher WANTED: Oddworld N+T
budgie
Physical Champion

Postby Tekkaman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:39 am

I took pictures of everyone's name and avatar so that I wouldn't forget all of you lovely people. I suppose I don't need them anymore. :oops:
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 am

Tekkaman wrote:I took pictures of everyone's name and avatar so that I wouldn't forget all of you lovely people. I suppose I don't need them anymore. :oops:
you should still keep them you never know and besides its still a nice momento in a way
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:51 am

Tekkaman wrote:Wow! First the forum is closing, then it's closing sooner and now it's staying open thanks to a newly deputized community team! What a whirlwind over the past couple days!

I just hope that this is the "end" of this whole thing for the foreseeable future so it won't swing the other way once more!

Also that is a good pick for a moderator, I must agree.
Actual pic of Best preparing for his new job of terminating bots:
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:53 am

Tekkaman wrote:I took pictures of everyone's name and avatar so that I wouldn't forget all of you lovely people. I suppose I don't need them anymore. :oops:

was i part of your avatar collection :? ;)
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:02 pm

qui_suis wrote:was i part of your avatar collection :? ;)

Haha! Of course! How could I forget you? :mrgreen:
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby qui_suis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Tekkaman wrote:

thx buddy ;) ,

it nerve wrecking :lol: ...it like apply for a new job (mod) and all the big boss are in they office talk about you if they should or shouldn't hire you
and you waiting on the other side of they office waiting on the chair...

qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby BroerMeneer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:20 pm

Wow, that's great news!

Best1989 is most definitely a great choice for a mod! Congrats to you, man!

Tekkaman wrote:

Indeed, he is the number one LRG fan after all.
BroerMeneer
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Congratulations Best1989! It's a good thing there aren't any Best1988's or 87's in this place, or you probably would have been beat out!

Wow! Talk about a crazy ride indeed! I did not expect this twist at all. Thank you so much, Josh! Guys, I think this is a chance for us to try and rebuild the community. We have a strong core in this community, but apparently there really were people that felt this place got unhealthy (I'm honestly tired of the word "toxic" :lol: ) and moved on. I'm sure others simply prefer Discord, Twitter, etc. But there's a definite place for forums! Let's work together to make a strong, inviting community and keep each other informed off all goings-ons with LRG, video games, and the fight for physical!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Forums are staying AND two of my most awaited orders have shipped.

Happy days.

For the future though, in addition to simply deleting bot posts, please actually BAN them so they can't keep posting. That Labi1995 one was active for at least a week.
Last edited by fgsfds100 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fgsfds100
Physical Champion

Postby BenoitRen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:10 pm

It's no surprise that Best1989 was picked. After all, he's the Best choice. :P
BenoitRen
Physical Champion

Postby joenemesis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Congrats Best1989!!!

Now I'm waiting for BurradoRun to be a mod.
"Wonderful! These guys are filled with raspberry jam, Delicious!" - Christopher Walkenthrough - Doom
joenemesis
Physical Champion

Postby tguk911 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Congrats Best1989! I'm sure you'll do great and make this a better place for everyone to enjoy!
tguk911
Physical Champion

Postby MYKUL77 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Excellent choice!
Welcome to the Forums! :lol:

Congrats Best1989!
Our first line of defense in the Forum Bot Wars of 2019.
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby 315retro » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Wow thank you so much! This really brightens up my week!
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

ImageImage
315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby bmcphail » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:34 pm

Looks like the link to the forums on the LRG store page has been removed. It will be interesting to see how people will even find the forums going forward.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:46 pm

It's tucked away in their About Us page.
fgsfds100
Physical Champion

Postby bmcphail » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:It's tucked away in their About Us page.

It used to have its own link at the bottom of the main page where the Discord link is now.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby Best1989 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Just noticed that.

You have to be aware that keeping the forums up and running doesn't mean that they will invest more in this. As Josh said, LRG staff will not be spending a lot of time here. They are pretty clear in their stance of moving forward with Discord, social media, mailing list and the main site as their primary ways of communication, so it doesn't surprise me that the forum link has been replaced with one for the Discord.

Maybe we could have a link leading here in the "More information" page, as the one in the "About" has almost zero visibility. You could see it as a step back, but...

Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Next

Return to Limited Run Discussion