• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby MYKUL77 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 am

Thanks Kazumn!

Although I'm not as "computer savvy" as some of you, I'd be willing to help in any way I can. :D

At the very least I can donate to the cause! Just let us know when you've got all the details worked out.
User avatar
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV.


Postby jrmann33 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:51 am

Did Doug mention when this forum is being closed down? I thought they were going to upgrade this forum to something else? I have noticed they have been less and less involved with conversations on here. I guess it gets pretty busy when you release tons of products every week.
User avatar
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina


Postby FoP » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:10 am

jrmann33 wrote:Did Doug mention when this forum is being closed down? I thought they were going to upgrade this forum to something else? I have noticed they have been less and less involved with conversations on here. I guess it gets pretty busy when you release tons of products every week.


It's all in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6082
Original shutdown date was in June, but they shortened it due to E3.


As for helping, I could help out with moderating.
Web coding isn't really my thing, and my design skills are at Paint level... and not in a good way. :D
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby shinoff2183 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 am

BuraddoRun wrote:With the LRG forum closure being moved up a month, we didn't have a lot of time to organize. But we'll make the best of it! Thanks for purchasing a domain, kazumn!

So who here is willing to help with the site? We'll need mods, maybe some graphical design help, ideas for formatting. And I'm sure kazumn would appreciate any donations for server costs. We also need people to spread the word and advertise once we get things up. And finally, we need subforum ideas!




I can help with ideas, some cost, and spread the word. I'd like to be a mod but I'm not gonna lie I tend to get emotional sometimes and let that get the best of me
See ya around Lawrence
User avatar
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5961
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:44 am
Location: Erie, PA


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 am

since the forums will remain what are we gonna do now?
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby kazumn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:28 am

well shoot i'm happy the forums stay up on the other side i will have to go trough some pain to get my money back i guess. ohwell
User avatar
kazumn
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am
Location: Belgium


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:31 am

kazumn wrote:well shoot i'm happy the forums stay up on the other side i will have to go trough some pain to get my money back i guess. ohwell
what did you pay for it? pretty sure some people are willing to help you with that
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Tekkaman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:31 am

Yikes! Such a heel-turn from LRG just hours after kazumn locks down a domain. I hope you don't have to work too hard to get a refund. :oops:

Personally, I would much rather just keep on posting here. However, if enough of you fine folks opt to move in spite of this board staying open, I could be coerced into moving. I just have all of my stuff here already, you know? :lol:
User avatar
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Location: Earth Defense Orbital Ring


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 am

Tekkaman wrote:Yikes! Such a heel-turn from LRG just hours after kazumn locks down a domain. I hope you don't have to work too hard to get a refund. :oops:

Personally, I would much rather just keep on posting here. However, if enough of you fine folks opt to move in spite of this board staying open, I could be coerced into moving. I just have all of my stuff here already, you know? :lol:
staying IS the better thing because if we move there are always members who dont move with us
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby kazumn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:07 pm

No hard feelings towards limited run really, i'm happy they made the best decision possible. Sure had they told a day sooner i diden't have to bother really.

I did have the new board ready tough, was going to put it online on Friday, however their is no need for 2 boards as tekkaman mentioned as it would just have the same content as the limited run board. I'll start being more active from now on.

Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:
User avatar
kazumn
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am
Location: Belgium


Postby Tekkaman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Glad to hear you will be getting the bulk of the money back. Also glad to hear that you will be more active here, too! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:26 pm
Location: Earth Defense Orbital Ring


Postby kazumn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:21 pm

Bluehost diden't really make any trouble out off it and the problem was solved in about 5 min. Besides i had a valid reason to cancel everithing.

only feel like i wasted my afternoon while instead i could be doing chores in my garden.
User avatar
kazumn
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am
Location: Belgium


Postby FoP » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm

kazumn wrote:Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:


Wow... you really spent more money on this than I thought!
Glad you could get most of it back. I've sometimes done similar stuff a bit too quick things like this with games; ordered from somewhere, thought they took too long to send it, ordered it from another place, gone to cancel but then gotten "no you can't cancel now, we already sent it you just didn't get the shipping confirmation email". Mostly did that when I was younger and without a backlog...

If you can't cancel the URL, would it be possible to make it redirect to here so it at least gets some possible use? Might be possible to reel in new users that way, if they don't immediately realize it's "that toixic cesspool". ...that toxic cesspool that I love so much. :lol: Or I guess you'll just have to squat it. :P
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5636
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby BLINXERIZER » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:34 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:since the forums will remain what are we gonna do now?

The forums aren't closing? Huh?
Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php

Image

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
SW-6594-8506-3402
User avatar
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 3:27 am
Location: Texas


Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:35 pm

kazumn, and everyone,thank you so much for working to keep the community alive. I'm happy the forum is staying, but it was great to see everyone band together to create a new one if that was our only option. Now let's make the most of what we have here. It's still an LRG forum, and of course we want to attract LRG fans old and new to converse and share news and such. Let's be inviting, and try to rebuild as it were. Also, with fan/community mods, I think LRG made a good decision.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 6906
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:41 pm

kazumn wrote:No hard feelings towards limited run really, i'm happy they made the best decision possible. Sure had they told a day sooner i diden't have to bother really.

I did have the new board ready tough, was going to put it online on Friday, however their is no need for 2 boards as tekkaman mentioned as it would just have the same content as the limited run board. I'll start being more active from now on.

Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:
if your ever in the netehrlands lets hook up my treat

but no mc donalds we go to a decent cafeteria

I wouldnt wnat the crap from mc donalds for free:P
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby kazumn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:01 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:
kazumn wrote:No hard feelings towards limited run really, i'm happy they made the best decision possible. Sure had they told a day sooner i diden't have to bother really.

I did have the new board ready tough, was going to put it online on Friday, however their is no need for 2 boards as tekkaman mentioned as it would just have the same content as the limited run board. I'll start being more active from now on.

Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:
if your ever in the netehrlands lets hook up my treat

but no mc donalds we go to a decent cafeteria

I wouldnt wnat the crap from mc donalds for free:P


completly off topic but diden't your mail got posted into power unlimited a few months back? It gave me a laugh when i saw the wowgek name. I've been trying to get into that magazine since like 96 and never made it once :lol:
User avatar
kazumn
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am
Location: Belgium


Postby kazumn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:09 pm

FoP wrote:
kazumn wrote:Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:


Wow... you really spent more money on this than I thought!
Glad you could get most of it back. I've sometimes done similar stuff a bit too quick things like this with games; ordered from somewhere, thought they took too long to send it, ordered it from another place, gone to cancel but then gotten "no you can't cancel now, we already sent it you just didn't get the shipping confirmation email". Mostly did that when I was younger and without a backlog...


Ohh man impulsive buys keep the world turning round. I did buy the domain for 3 years as it seemed like the best deal, if it failed i would turn it around into a collectors blog of my own collection, their is so much obscure (japanese) shit i have i want to talk about in one way or the other i'll save it for this board should anybody care.
User avatar
kazumn
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am
Location: Belgium


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:21 pm

kazumn wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
kazumn wrote:No hard feelings towards limited run really, i'm happy they made the best decision possible. Sure had they told a day sooner i diden't have to bother really.

I did have the new board ready tough, was going to put it online on Friday, however their is no need for 2 boards as tekkaman mentioned as it would just have the same content as the limited run board. I'll start being more active from now on.

Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:
if your ever in the netehrlands lets hook up my treat

but no mc donalds we go to a decent cafeteria

I wouldnt wnat the crap from mc donalds for free:P


completly off topic but diden't your mail got posted into power unlimited a few months back? It gave me a laugh when i saw the wowgek name. I've been trying to get into that magazine since like 96 and never made it once :lol:
I was 2 o 3 times even:P

in 1 issue even my gameroom is in it

I dont have a subscription anymore though.

I paid for 12 but they did a so called double number and only gave me 11 thats when I decided enough was enough.the 300th issue is also the last one.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby kazumn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:57 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:
kazumn wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
kazumn wrote:No hard feelings towards limited run really, i'm happy they made the best decision possible. Sure had they told a day sooner i diden't have to bother really.

I did have the new board ready tough, was going to put it online on Friday, however their is no need for 2 boards as tekkaman mentioned as it would just have the same content as the limited run board. I'll start being more active from now on.

Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:
if your ever in the netehrlands lets hook up my treat

but no mc donalds we go to a decent cafeteria

I wouldnt wnat the crap from mc donalds for free:P


completly off topic but diden't your mail got posted into power unlimited a few months back? It gave me a laugh when i saw the wowgek name. I've been trying to get into that magazine since like 96 and never made it once :lol:
I was 2 o 3 times even:P

in 1 issue even my gameroom is in it

I dont have a subscription anymore though.

I paid for 12 but they did a so called double number and only gave me 11 thats when I decided enough was enough.the 300th issue is also the last one.


you're not missing out much ever since Jan left the magazine went downhill pretty fast.
User avatar
kazumn
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am
Location: Belgium


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 pm

kazumn wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
kazumn wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
kazumn wrote:No hard feelings towards limited run really, i'm happy they made the best decision possible. Sure had they told a day sooner i diden't have to bother really.

I did have the new board ready tough, was going to put it online on Friday, however their is no need for 2 boards as tekkaman mentioned as it would just have the same content as the limited run board. I'll start being more active from now on.

Just got off chat and i'll get my money back (little over 200 euros) , probably going have to pay 16 euros for the url but oh well. Looks like i have to skip mcdonalds this week :lol:
if your ever in the netehrlands lets hook up my treat

but no mc donalds we go to a decent cafeteria

I wouldnt wnat the crap from mc donalds for free:P


completly off topic but diden't your mail got posted into power unlimited a few months back? It gave me a laugh when i saw the wowgek name. I've been trying to get into that magazine since like 96 and never made it once :lol:
I was 2 o 3 times even:P

in 1 issue even my gameroom is in it

I dont have a subscription anymore though.

I paid for 12 but they did a so called double number and only gave me 11 thats when I decided enough was enough.the 300th issue is also the last one.


you're not missing out much ever since Jan left the magazine went downhill pretty fast.
wel lets continue this in pm since its offtopic but I am sure he didnt actualy leave not on good terms at least
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby BLINXERIZER » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:29 pm

What is this about the forums staying open? I have not seen Doug say anything about them changing their minds. I saw him say they moved the closing date up to May.
Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php

Image

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
SW-6594-8506-3402
User avatar
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 3:27 am
Location: Texas


Postby fgsfds100 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:31 pm

fgsfds100
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:43 pm


Postby shinoff2183 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:24 pm

If the forums are staying open. Why is it missing from the storefront
See ya around Lawrence
User avatar
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5961
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:44 am
Location: Erie, PA


Postby bmcphail » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:If the forums are staying open. Why is it missing from the storefront


Because while agreed to allow fans to take it over for moderation purposes, LRG also said they will not be participating going forward. It's pretty clear they no longer intend to promote or support the forum which is why the link on the store page was replaced with the Discord link. The traffic here has been slow for a while and I can only imagine it will get slower as time goes on unless there is a real effort by the new fan mods to promote the forum and provide interesting discussion that isn't happening elsewhere.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:25 pm


Postby shinoff2183 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:44 am

bmcphail wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:If the forums are staying open. Why is it missing from the storefront


Because while agreed to allow fans to take it over for moderation purposes, LRG also said they will not be participating going forward. It's pretty clear they no longer intend to promote or support the forum which is why the link on the store page was replaced with the Discord link. The traffic here has been slow for a while and I can only imagine it will get slower as time goes on unless there is a real effort by the new fan mods to promote the forum and provide interesting discussion that isn't happening elsewhere.




So lrg are continuing paying for it but thats it? Also who are the fan mods?
See ya around Lawrence
User avatar
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5961
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:44 am
Location: Erie, PA


Postby mr. Hyde » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 am

shinoff2183 wrote:
bmcphail wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:If the forums are staying open. Why is it missing from the storefront


Because while agreed to allow fans to take it over for moderation purposes, LRG also said they will not be participating going forward. It's pretty clear they no longer intend to promote or support the forum which is why the link on the store page was replaced with the Discord link. The traffic here has been slow for a while and I can only imagine it will get slower as time goes on unless there is a real effort by the new fan mods to promote the forum and provide interesting discussion that isn't happening elsewhere.




So lrg are continuing paying for it but thats it? Also who are the fan mods?
currently best is the only one there wil be 1 or 2 more
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Best1989 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:17 am

shinoff2183 wrote:
So lrg are continuing paying for it but thats it? Also who are the fan mods?


You can check Josh's announcement here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6104
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 4349
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 10:41 am
Location: Here and there


Previous

Return to General Discussions