• Who is online

Suggest new releases and discuss past and upcoming releases.

Postby qui_suis » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am

hi everyone

Not sure if it 1 april joke or real but we might see
Mighty no 9 vita from LRG

Douglas ask Josh what his favorite release Josh reply mighty no 9

It would make sense since curse of the moon was done by same corp who did mighty no 9

If true what you guy think of this and true i bet it be for switch has well
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:58 am

:lol:

However, it COULD of course be a reverse April Fool's Joke.
In that everyone thinks that the joke is that they'll release MN9 VITA, so everyone will think it's just a joke when they announce or tease it, then they release it anyways.

THIS TWEET is something I've brought up a couple of times. So they've certainly got something planned.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:23 am

I mean, this must be the single biggest LRG meme still alive, since Skullgirlz and Where's my tie? are already dead. I wouldn't doubt that The Madman and Dough could be preparing something related to it.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am

Best1989 wrote:I mean, this must be the single biggest LRG meme still alive, since Skullgirlz and Where's my tie? are already dead. I wouldn't doubt that The Madman and Dough could be preparing something related to it.

here the tweet from Doug and Josh. so is it confirm we never know with Josh especially April 1 it near the corner..... but hey who know

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/1106276127843192834
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 am

Yeah, he also made that joke in the last fireside twitch stream some days ago. You never know what is true or not with The Madman.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am

IF this includes the Ray DLC on cart, all patches and maybe some other stuff like the gold skin for Beck, I would absolutely buy this. (also PSTV support)
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 am

Meme? Joke? Mighty No. 9's Vita release is nothing to laugh about, it's a tent-pole addition to LRG's line-up.
But for real, I wouldn't be surprised either if they actually signed the game at this point.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Considering when i looked at the page sources for what was originally a 'mystery game' (which turned out to be PixelJunk Monster 2), they listed the game as MN9, i get the feeling this is a well planned April Fools joke.
Get everybody all fueled up for it, list it on the site as available to buy, and then when you click on it.....?

But yeah, i seriously don't think it'll ever be Mighty Number 9.

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby Best1989 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:Get everybody all fueled up for it, list it on the site as available to buy, and then when you click on it.....?

MNIM/LOBT Collection gets added to your cart.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Best1989 wrote:
Ancestral_Spirit wrote:Get everybody all fueled up for it, list it on the site as available to buy, and then when you click on it.....?

MNIM/LOBT Collection gets added to your cart.

Dunno if i'm beign stupid or anything, and to be honest i never get these acronyms even when i've played the games XD
But what does that stand for?

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby Grizzled » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:00 pm

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:Dunno if i'm beign stupid or anything, and to be honest i never get these acronyms even when i've played the games XD
But what does that stand for?

My Name is Mayo
Life of Black Tiger

Two of the most "wonderful" games to ever grace PS4.
Grizzled
True Believer

Postby 108 Stars » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm

I honestly doubt they could release MN9 if they wanted because I also doubt there has been much work done on that port at all. ^^

LRG could have gotten their copies sold for sure but a couple of 1000 physicals won't make it worth the effort for the devs imo. And with how mediocre MN9 was and the bad rep it got even with Vita fans being starved a bit I don't think it would sell a lot digitally.

Imo this will remain a joke.
108 Stars
Ultimate Fan

Postby tokyobassist » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Mighty No. 9 Vita and 3DS versions were a farce. Those two handhelds can't run Unreal Engine and guess what Mighty No. 9 is made on?

I doubt you'd want it even if it was good considering how poorly it ran on consoles and PC.
tokyobassist
Physical Champion

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:17 pm

It ran badly on the Wii U, but that doesn't mean it ran badly on other consoles. I played the Xbox 360 version, and it ran well.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby elparanorman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:41 pm

It's impossible. Vita and 3DS version were never released. They would just release a game case, and an empty game cart lol. Or maybe just an empty game case.
elparanorman
I want to believe

Postby tokyobassist » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 pm

BenoitRen wrote:It ran badly on the Wii U, but that doesn't mean it ran badly on other consoles. I played the Xbox 360 version, and it ran well.

If you have a PS4 Pro sure but on base PS4 which is what I played it on, Battalion's weapon always causes lag and Cryosphere's stage just has crazy frame dips out of nowhere. There is a Digital Foundry video with video proof showing this.
tokyobassist
Physical Champion

Postby 108 Stars » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:52 pm

tokyobassist wrote:Mighty No. 9 Vita and 3DS versions were a farce. Those two handhelds can't run Unreal Engine and guess what Mighty No. 9 is made on?

I doubt you'd want it even if it was good considering how poorly it ran on consoles and PC.

They were not even meant to run on UE4. That does not make them a farce. Just because the game was not programmed well on the big consoles does not mean UE4 was the bare minimum to get a game like that running. It's not like it looked like a game pushing engine or hardware, it looked very basic and was just badly optimized. The handheld versions were to be made by a different team based on a different engine and may have turned out better. It's not like it was God of War and just way beyond what a handheld could do.

It is not gonna happen anymore, but they might have done a better job.
108 Stars
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:54 pm

Not backing Mighty No. 9 is one of my biggest reliefs when it comes to not buying a game. Pre-ordering Devil May Cry 2 is probably my biggest regret lol.

But yeah, I won't ever be touching a Mighty No. 9 release even with a ten foot pole.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 am

DrLight66 wrote:Not backing Mighty No. 9 is one of my biggest reliefs when it comes to not buying a game. Pre-ordering Devil May Cry 2 is probably my biggest regret lol.

But yeah, I won't ever be touching a Mighty No. 9 release even with a ten foot pole.

What's wrong with DMC2? I only played the first one and loved it. Never got round to playing the rest so I don't know much about them.

Check out my artwork www.deviantart.com/tiger-kai
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby Fries » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:35 am

Tiger-kai wrote:What's wrong with DMC2? I only played the first one and loved it. Never got round to playing the rest so I don't know much about them.

Of the now 5 games in the main series, DMC2 has long been regarded as the worst of the bunch. The development was rushed and the story is not great.

Many people suggest outright skipping it, even chronologically the game is weird because it takes place after DMC3 but before DMC4. Playing DMC1 to DMC3 to DMC4 is a much better progression, and the later sequels offer great improvements to the Devil May Cry formula.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Fries wrote:
Tiger-kai wrote:What's wrong with DMC2? I only played the first one and loved it. Never got round to playing the rest so I don't know much about them.

Of the now 5 games in the main series, DMC2 has long been regarded as the worst of the bunch. The development was rushed and the story is not great.

Many people suggest outright skipping it, even chronologically the game is weird because it takes place after DMC3 but before DMC4. Playing DMC1 to DMC3 to DMC4 is a much better progression, and the later sequels offer great improvements to the Devil May Cry formula.

I see. Well I'm a little confused with DMC games now..... They rebooted it a couple of years ago with an emo looking Dante and now it seems the original series is still running. I'd like to play through them all one day though.

Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby nepetanya » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:00 pm

DMC2 is an underrated gem, it's edgy early 2000's style is charming and its got a great ost, its a little easy but honestly i prefer its style and gameplay over DMC1.
nepetanya
Physical Champion

Postby DrLight66 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 pm

DMC2 is awful because the graphics are ugly, the enemy design sucks, the bosses suck, the enemy and boss a.i. is atrociously awful, there's a boss fight where you fight a possessed helicopter and it often gets stuck behind buildings (you fight it in a city) and it can sometimes take several minutes for the helicopter to find it's way back around the buildings so that you can attack it, the game is stupid easy, the story is non-existent, there's no dialogue, no interesting areas or stages or lore or story or anything and the combat is bland. It's a truly awful game worth skipping, and I'm a huge DMC fan with DMC3:SE and DMC1 being Top 10 PS2 games for me.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby tokyobassist » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:42 am

DMC2 is pure trash. Has a very underrated OST but yeah its bad.

5 is good but I don't want to derail the thread by talking about why it isn't as perfect as people are saying.
tokyobassist
Physical Champion

Postby 108 Stars » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 am

DMC2 does indeed suck.
I remember when if was new how people made fun of bosses that you virtually could not die against unless you put an effort into it.

The locations also looked so boring... I only played it when it came out and never wanted to return to it.
108 Stars
Ultimate Fan

Postby VoltronsGrundle » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:26 pm

DrLight66 wrote:Not backing Mighty No. 9 is one of my biggest reliefs when it comes to not buying a game. Pre-ordering Devil May Cry 2 is probably my biggest regret lol.

Mighty No.9 isnt awful. It just isnt very good or memorable especially compared to classic Mega Man games which is how it was marketed. On its own its just an okay side scroller.

I bought it on PS4 physically for $15. Im not mad.

As for DMC2, I preordered it based on how awesome part 1 was. The day it came out I walked into gamestop to pick it up and saw skies of arcadia for gamecubebehind the counter. It came out the same day. After about 30 seconds of hesitation I left with the $5 higher MSRP skies of arcadia on GC and forfeited my DMC2 preorder. I still agree with the girl behind the counter to this day when she said “you made the right choice sir”. Damn right I did.

DMC2 is a travesty. It shouldnt exist.
Defender of the Universe
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm

I paid €5 for mighty no 9 on PS4. It was a special edition that came with some stuff and dlc. I haven't played it yet so I'm curious how it is. I've also never played a Megaman game so I can't compare it to those games really. I'll probably end up liking it :D

Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby panzermanathod » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:32 pm

I got it free through PS+.

The instant I started movie it felt weird. Didn't play too much of it.

But free so no loss to me.
panzermanathod
LRG Super Fan

Postby Solid_Step » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:34 pm

I’m not a mega man fan so I honestly ignored MN9 throughout all the Kickstarter and release drama so I feel like I need to play it to understand why it’s considered a joke to everyone.

Granted, I generally don’t view games as dramatically as most of the internet so as long as it works I usually enjoy whatever I’m playing.
Solid_Step
I want to believe

Postby Best1989 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Solid_Step wrote:I’m not a mega man fan so I honestly ignored MN9 throughout all the Kickstarter and release drama so I feel like I need to play it to understand why it’s considered a joke to everyone.

Granted, I generally don’t view games as dramatically as most of the internet so as long as it works I usually enjoy whatever I’m playing.

You wouldn't understand it, as neither do I.

I paid like $5 for a new copy with all the things it included. I got my $5 out of it and then some.

A Vita version would probably run like crap, though. I would buy it for the lolz and the meme.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Return to Limited Run Discussion