• Who is online

Feel free to talk about Switch related stuff here!

Postby StormJumper » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:03 am

Wow...the server got slammed and I had to wait in queue for the order to finish. Did anyone get this as well. This has to be the fastest to date sales. The Mega bundle was gone quick....
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby TheCardiganKing » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:55 pm

I'm extremely disappointed. This was worse than the Celeste sale. Within one minute bots bought everything up. I refreshed immediately after the clock hit zero and every copy was gone.

At both times I had the game in my cart, already logged into PayPal, and by the time I hit "buy" in a matter of 10 seconds everything sold out. I'm disappointed in Limited Run Games for allowing bots to buy up every copy before most of us even had a chance.

Didn't know we had to know how to run scripts just to get a copy of the CE. Ridiculous.
TheCardiganKing
I want to believe

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:28 pm

TheCardiganKing wrote:I'm extremely disappointed. This was worse than the Celeste sale. Within one minute bots bought everything up. I refreshed immediately after the clock hit zero and every copy was gone.

At both times I had the game in my cart, already logged into PayPal, and by the time I hit "buy" in a matter of 10 seconds everything sold out. I'm disappointed in Limited Run Games for allowing bots to buy up every copy before most of us even had a chance.

Didn't know we had to know how to run scripts just to get a copy of the CE. Ridiculous.

I always feel kind of bad jumping in to welcome first-time posters when their first post is about missing a game, but...

Welcome to the forums TheCardiganKing!

I think most if not all Vita releases will go quickly now. This being a popular game didn't help things. Even so, LRG does look through orders and cancel some when they discover over-buying or other foul play. Also, failed purchases auto-repopulate on the website after some time. So refresh the product page often and you may be able to buy it still. As for those cancelled foul play orders, LRG does have waiting lists. I apologize because I've never used it and don't know exactly where the link for it is, but hopefully another user can give it to you.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby StormJumper » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:37 am

TheCardiganKing wrote:I'm extremely disappointed. This was worse than the Celeste sale. Within one minute bots bought everything up. I refreshed immediately after the clock hit zero and every copy was gone.

I for one don't have bots or scripts and getting stuck in queue got me stressed thinking bots got it. But I was able to but I also loaded up paypal before hand so I just had to confirm the purchase. I learned this the hard way and was able to get a 2nd batch CE release in the past. So if anything yeah this smacks of unfair to those with slow or unable to make the order in time. But considering how much development time aka 5 yrs+ this was - it would stand to reason a release of it would mark a drastic botnet scheme to buy them.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Return to Switch Discussion