• Who is online

Feel free to talk about Switch related stuff here!

Postby Fries » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:26 am

Another English supported Asian Switch release coming down the pipeline:

My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!? is a "...heartwarming visual novel from Korean developer, TALESshop and Japanese publisher, COSEN." Compared to the PC release the Switch version has additional scenario content, Live2D animation, and a new theme song sung by the three heroines of the game. This physical release supports English, Chinese, and Japanese subtitles.

Multi-language Release: https://www.play-asia.com/my-girlfriend ... id=1139459
Japanese Release: https://www.play-asia.com/boku-no-kanoj ... id=1139459
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby StormJumper » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Fries wrote:Another English supported Asian Switch release coming down the pipeline:

My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!? is a "...heartwarming visual novel from Korean developer, TALESshop and Japanese publisher, COSEN." Compared to the PC release the Switch version has additional scenario content, Live2D animation, and a new theme song sung by the three heroines of the game. This physical release supports English, Chinese, and Japanese subtitles.

Multi-language Release: https://www.play-asia.com/my-girlfriend ... id=1139459
Japanese Release: https://www.play-asia.com/boku-no-kanoj ... id=1139459

And there are those who backed the Kickstarter but got no update on the Kickstarter telling this was happening and now I posted this to the site to tell them about it and I did make a request on there if this is true why aren't supporters getting this option.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby StormJumper » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Still no responses on kickstarter since I posted the message and links. You think they would respond back when a supporter ask then.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby StormJumper » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:21 pm

I did asked a 2nd time on the site and PM them but so far no reply. I think they did a oops and now are afraid to reply back.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:02 am

How do the Asian and Japanese releases differ? I thought the Japanese release had no support for English, but the listing on several sites suggests it does.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby FoP » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:56 am

BenoitRen wrote:How do the Asian and Japanese releases differ? I thought the Japanese release had no support for English, but the listing on several sites suggests it does.

Yeah, it's really weird and I certainly hope it's correct since I decided to go for the Japanese version. Hopefully it's just the cover that differs.
A bit strange though that Play-Asia lists the multi-language version as "English, Chinese, Japanese" but the Japanese version as "Japanese, Korean, English, Chinese" which would mean there are more languages in that one compared to the multi-language one. :| To me (just guessing here though) it just sounds more likely that they've forgotten the Korean for the mutli-language one and that it's really the same data on both carts.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby StormJumper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:28 pm

My order is coming now.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:11 pm

I contacted Play-Asia support (their Twitter account is useless), and they replied that the Japanese version only has Japanese language support. In the meantime their own page still claims that it has English subtitles.

So it'd seem that I should order the Asian version anyway, but now it's sold out, and Play-Asia seems to be the only place you could get it at. None of this would have been a problem if the listings of the Japanese version were accurate to start with! :evil:
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby StormJumper » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:49 pm

I'll find out when my Japan order comes.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 am

Has your order arrived, StormJumper?
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby StormJumper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:34 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Has your order arrived, StormJumper?

It did but haven't open it yet...ugh...been too lazy lately to get back to Switch(ing) Pun. But will sometime after tax season gets done.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Return to Switch Discussion