• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu May 16, 2019 12:09 pm

BenoitRen wrote:Got my order for Earthlock in!

That was a bit scary. After I had added it to my cart, it already said that there was 33% of stock remaining. o_O

I saw the same and was also scared! But my order went through as well.

kazumn wrote:just went with the 3 pack just so i don't have deal with the hassle for their next 2 games.

I was tempted to do this, but I absolutely hate this marketing...ploy? I can't think of a nicer word for it. I'm not full-setting, and just want to buy games I like. While SRG2's last few releases I have gotten, I'd be really upset if 17 and/or 18 are games I don't want. So it will remain a hassle for me! These guys are getting like how LRG used to be now, with quick sellouts. Though Earthlock still has 12% of pre-orders available right now.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Juanblue85 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Bought Earthlock as well with a set of cards and in my case, I saw like 30% left which shocked me as to how quickly it was selling. I was even refreshing the page to get that buy button.
Juanblue85
LRG Super Fan

Postby Juanblue85 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Earthlock standard edition sold out yesterday while the Collector's Edition sold out this morning. There will be 100 copies up for sale next week so it'll be your last chance to get it unless you buy the triple pack offering the game and two future releases.
Juanblue85
LRG Super Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 pm

I got the standard.

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby Fajgar » Sat May 18, 2019 1:33 am

I got the CE and the triple pack.
Fajgar
Physical Champion

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 am

Should get this topic pinned so it's always at the top.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby Grizzled » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:08 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:Should get this topic pinned so it's always at the top.

This, and the Play-Asia threads are no longer pinned. Intentional?
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 am

They were never pinned, as far as I remember.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Grizzled » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:42 am

Next game is not one of the other four announced already, but instead, it's Machinarium. Available copies will be 5000 and preorders will open on June 13th (Thursday).

Source: https://nintendosoup.com/super-rare-gam ... he-switch/
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Switch only? That's a pity...
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:38 pm

I think I might skip it. It's a good game but not one I care to pay that much for especially since I have it on GOG and there is actually a physical PC version that comes with more for your money.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby 315retro » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:04 pm

I absolutely love this game and have been waiting for my chance to own it physically (I just don't do pc).

I'll definitely be going for this.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fajgar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Finally a physical version of this :D
Fajgar
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:49 am

The physical PC version was on one of my many lists, but this will do just as good.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:16 pm

I'll likely skip this one.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby bap » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:02 pm

just a heads up it's advertised at 30 euro but when added to the cart goes through at 25. not sure if this is communicated anywhere as a deal.
bap
Physical Champion

Postby Grizzled » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:29 pm

bap wrote:just a heads up it's advertised at 30 euro but when added to the cart goes through at 25. not sure if this is communicated anywhere as a deal.

25€ or 25£?
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:56 pm

They're really wonky with how they display tax so it could be that, the £30 price listed on the website is with VAT included, then when added to the cart the game and tax is split up. It gets really weird when checking out with PayPal since when I'm confirming my PayPal payment (on the PayPal site you're confirming the transaction on) it'll show the amount without any tax, but once you click confirm and get to SRG's order confirmation page then the VAT is applied again, and it'll be included in your PayPal transaction. I must say that I do find it a bit odd that a company can charge you more than what you confirm on the PayPal page.

So it might be that you're seeing, or it might be that countries outside of the EU are able to shop VAT-free (I think some sites like Rice Digital does that), though that shouldn't be able to be seen as early as when putting a game into the cart, as the site haven't checked your location yet.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:30 pm

FoP wrote:that shouldn't be able to be seen as early as when putting a game into the cart, as the site haven't checked your location yet.

Location can usually be derived from IP address. It's not always accurate, but many sites do that to make assumptions for currency, language, and yes, region specific taxes and other fees.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:09 pm

The Gardens Between was announced during E3 to be coming from Super Rare.

https://twitter.com/TheVoxelAgents/stat ... 8819782656

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby FoP » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:09 am

fgsfds100 wrote:
FoP wrote:that shouldn't be able to be seen as early as when putting a game into the cart, as the site haven't checked your location yet.

Location can usually be derived from IP address. It's not always accurate, but many sites do that to make assumptions for currency, language, and yes, region specific taxes and other fees.

Yeah you're right, but in that case I find it a bit weird for them to do it for the cart but not on the whole site like Play-Asia do with their currency conversion, but you're probably right that it's what's happening.
However I did some tests with a mockup US address and going to checkout (but not confirming), and it seems that if you're outside of the EU, VAT won't be applied. I think that's the way it should be done when exporting goods outside of the EU, but some companies like SLG doesn't offer that. However, that's pretty good news to me since if they'll continue with that after a dealless Brexit (so they'll only charge VAT for customers in the UK); while it'll be more expensive with the Swedish fees and higher VAT, at least I won't have to pay VAT on VAT.

So yeah, guess we sorted it all out.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:24 am

Some sites won't show taxes and other fees on lists or individual product pages because they believe it will turn people away. They won't show the final price until you actually get to the cart/checkout stage. If site A hides that stuff and site B includes it in the prices, people will assume site B is just overpriced.

It's a bit of a gamble for the retailers either way, because some people who pay attention to the final calculated total will be pissed off to see extra fees show up later in the checkout process and would rather have known about them from the start and are therefore quite happy whenever there are none added later, but other more unobservant/careless people won't notice or won't care and similarly won't notice or appreciate when none are applied. That's why when there are multiple sites selling the same thing and there is no worry of rapid sellout, it's wise to get to the checkout on both to see the real totals.

Not much you can do when it's just one site though. Other than be observant through the checkout process.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:17 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:The Gardens Between was announced during E3 to be coming from Super Rare.

https://twitter.com/TheVoxelAgents/stat ... 8819782656

This one looks pretty good. I'm not 100% sold on it yet, but we'll see.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Grizzled » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:50 am

July's game is Wulverblade:

https://superraregames.com/products/srg ... ade-switch

Get ready for a preorder on July 11.
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby Grizzled » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:34 pm

The next two releases have been announced; Toki Tori Collection and Rive: Ultimate Edition on August 15th.

Toki Tori Collection: https://superraregames.com/products/srg ... ion-switch
Rive: Ultimate Edition: https://superraregames.com/products/srg ... ion-switch

In addition, there is also a bundle, which comes in an exclusive tuck-end box and contains a 2 page insert going over the entire history of Two Tribes:
https://superraregames.com/products/srg ... ion-switch

Interestingly enough, Toki Tori Collection also contains an emulated version of the Gameboy Colour original. I don't think any other physical or digital version does that.
Grizzled
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Rive also has 3 games on it, including a demo of a GBA game never released.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:15 am

Ok, I'm sold on these two with the bonuses included. So I'll get a new 3-pack bundle. Hopefully it'll be shipped out before Brexit.
It's a bit strange though, I was pretty sure that Darkside Detective was supposed to be the August game.

EDIT: Ah, didn't realize that this was two-in-one month. Hopefully these'll be exceptions, so we won't end up with these guys too releasing like 10 games per month. :P
Also, this kinda screws over the three-packs for EU customers I guess. Another one now probably would've worked with the aug-sept-oct games being sent out before Brexit. Having a new one next month is worse timing since that's make us pay the British VAT on purchase, then it's sent out after the UK (presumably) leaves the EU and we'll get local VAT and fees on top of it.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am

This'll probably be a quick sellout considering the trading card packs for these releases are already sold out. Sure they've been up for a while, but for people to fork out the extra money for shipping them since SRG doesn't have a combine system (at least not one that I know of) makes me feel that people really want them. (edit: now they've come back up, must've been restocked or something)

But I gotta say I'm pretty jealous of you US guys. If I import something from anywhere without DDP (which, in all cases except LRG has ME just paying for it) I'll have to pay 25% VAT and fees. Here they take out UK VAT I think which is 20% instead. But I always end up having to pay 20-25% to a government which has either little (in the case of UK VAT) or nothing (Swedish VAT) to do with the production of these items. It's just a punishment fee for living in a country, and then you'll have to consider that 30% of my salary is also paid directly as tax. ...plus that my employer has to pay taxes just to have me there.

Compare that to a country where you can import pretty much whatever you want, and if you pay VAT it's only if you buy from the same state and when you are it's only about a few measly percent.

TL;DR:
Swedish and EU VAT sucks, and I'm reminded of it every time I buy from Super Rare Games.

EDIT:
Snagged it. Expensive but what the heck, with those bonuses I think it's worth it.

Though one thing that's a bit interesting technically - that is one of the reasons why I'm reminded of the taxes - that I haven't seen on any other site is that when I check out with PayPal, for some reason the sum I authorize on PayPal is just the games without the VAT or shipping. Maybe LRG is the same way if using PayPal Express? I never used it for LRG, when I used PayPal here I usually went through the normal checkout but then picked PP as a payment option. But it just feels weird that the amount I'm authorizing is way lower than what I'll pay; I've used PayPal on sites like LRG, Play-Asia, maybe SLG, eBay and on all other places I've gotten to authorize the actual amount I'll pay. I'm a bit that it actually works since I thought the only way for PayPal to let a company charge you more is if you tie your PayPal to an account like on the Nintendo eShop.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Still ended up being about $80 in total for the double pack, but considering their games seem to go for a lot on the 2nd hand market and sell out semi-quickly, isn't worth waiting on it.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Still ended up being about $80 in total for the double pack, but considering their games seem to go for a lot on the 2nd hand market and sell out semi-quickly, isn't worth waiting on it.

With the VAT and shipping it cost me about $93. Must say I thought you guys got it cheaper than that.

It's definitely fast sellouts, the collection is down to 14% now and unlike LRG these guys doesn't do things in batches. Or, they usually have the additional batch after the game is "released" I think, but that's only a really small amount of copies. The Switch fans are really rabid.

...and as you say, the second-hand value isn't something you want to deal with on these Switch games. I still can't really come over the fact that Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is the only release from them I've skipped, and it's the most valuable one. It's just such an odd game to become that, but I guess their earlier releases lasted long enough and it was before the preorder-three-packs so it kinda slipped in between the cracks. At least it was that way for me, and I guess it might've been for others too.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions