• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby Best1989 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 am

You can do it!
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby DrLight66 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:19 pm

In Wild Guns Reloaded, I tried beating Normal difficulty with Annie using no continues and it went horribly awry. The thing is, I had only played the spooky castle stage once and i never beat it, getting to the boss but dying in like 10 seconds cause i didn't know electricity was going to shoot down from his horns.

Anyway, i died twice on the first stage, i would've just quit and restarted but instead i decided to just try and beat the spooky castle stage, get experience on it and the boss, get the trophy for beating it, then play through the rest of Normal to see how different it was from Easy, unlock Annie's last color for her costume and earn her "all colors for costume" trophy. And... i did all of these. I have a pretty good idea of how to beat the spooky castle boss, the first two sections aren't bad at all except i need to use a bomb at the end of the 2nd section because too many enemies appear at one point and i need to clear them off the screen.

This boss is going to give me fits every time i fight it. Avoiding the electricity from it's horns isn't bad, but the tricky part is going to the far left or far right from where the upper hands fire the lasers, then hoping the hands on teh bottom don't come from the same side that i'm on while waiting for the laser to go away. And when both hands start to mash together, jumping straight up in-between them in the middle of the screen is gonna take a lot of good timing. And the boss is a freakin bullet sponge too, and there's no way to build the Super meter against him either.

On the plus side, i now know how to beat the jetpack boss easy. I need to lasso him and use a bomb but if i can do those two things then taking him out is easy, he might throw dynamite and jump on the train car twice but that's no big deal because he'll already start to flash red at that point.

The ammo depot and underground mine stages are still challenging but nothing i shouldn't be able to handle and the bosses aren't too bad.

On the plus side, and this is ABSOLUTELY HUGE for beating Kid, i've learned that the mini-boss right before him is totally perfect for building up as much Super as i need. When it fires the circle of bullets around me, if i shoot right at it i'll shoot a ton of bullets and add a crap ton of Super meter, so i build it up right before it gets full then use a bomb to become invicible/take out those two flying drones and while that's going on keep shooting the boss so it dies and i don't accidentally max my Super. Then against Kid i can max my Super in like 15 seconds and take away most of his health, then just like 20 more seconds of fighting him and he's defeated.

But in my playthrough tonight i accomplished a lot despite not beating Normal with no continues. /b]Earned the spooky castle trophy, earned Annie's all colors trophy, got really good experience on how to play through and beat the spooky castle stage/boss (though it's still giving me trouble), and learned a trick to nearly max out my Super right before Kid so fighting him will be MUCH easier from now on[/b]. When i try to beat Normal difficulty I'm going to choose the spooky castle stage first because that'll be the toughest stage for me so if i do really well on it then i'll have that out of the way and it won't ruin a longer run if i choose it later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pa2Nxg1oKs
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:51 am

almost done with period cube shackles of amadeus.

glad when its over after going trough 1 story I found it bad written and just skipped as much as possible

then I found out there is a rape scene (didnt read that yet and doubt I will after what I did found out already)

this story is going deep into incest with a brother loving his sister. this wouldnt be so bad if the game showed it be something bad yet the oppisite happened I just ahd to read part of it when i came there I found out the game made it seem like it isnt so bad.

for that reason I will skip trough the last story but I am generaly offended and quite disgusted by this eaperently its your stepsister according to the internet but of what I saw this isnt the case.

this is taking it too far if you ask me at least it goes to far for me.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:19 pm

So I got to the point where you open up the sort of "open world" section of The Messenger and at this point the game actually gets better despite not gaining any new skills or anything. Just like the ninja who you play as, it feels like you as a player have truly mastered everything you've come to use and despite going through the same areas to find all the hidden areas to collect everything, both the collectible items as well as the items that allow you to progress within the game, mastery of these abilities allow you to jump from candle to candle, enemy to enemy as you seamlessly travel throughout the levels. This wouldn't work quite as well as it does but as I stated the games level design itself is actually really good and it's completely built around the abilities the player gets rather than your traditional platforming. And since you have every single ability that you acquire throughout the game, once you come back to these areas you notice other ways that you can use this quick traversal that you may have not thought about before, back when you were just a amateur ninja.

It's not so much open world rather than going back through all the levels again with some shortcuts that lead directly through a level to the next. The extra collectibles though do provide some good challenges though. Though if you happen to miss something you'll have to go all the way back to the very beginning and then go all the way back throughout the entire game to see what you actually have to do with it, so there's also sometimes that's a waste of time, but the game doesn't make it hard to find what you can actually do with stuff that you find, so that's actually a huge plus. Despite the same game, the second half does feel a bit better.

As a comparison, the previous platformer that was open was Hollow Knight and the passing of that game was absolutely awful. The level design on this game is much more enjoyable to go through than Hollow Knight and has just an altogether much better, much more enjoyable pacing.

*edit*

The back tracking back and forth through areas though is pretty eh. If we knew everywhere to go before hand you wouldn't have to do so much backtracking, but there are times I've went somewhere and then I'd have to go back yet again because I could finally progress. You're pretty much supposed to go everywhere but some areas you're supposed to go before other areas. Maybe I should've started talking to the prophet from the start.
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:01 pm

Played Wild Guns Reloaded again earlier, trying to beat Normal difficulty with Annie without using any continues. I was doing great UNTIL the boss of the spooky castle stage. So... I learned that it's very very important to destroy the bosses' head first to blow up the horns so he stops shooting the electricity. I didn't know he'd fire lasers from his hands and still fire electricity from his horns if i destroyed the chestplate, so I was getting completely rekt by him and I ended up using all my bombs to just barely beat him on my last life.

I had beaten the 1st stage and train stage no problem up to that point, i decided to just keep going even though i was low on lives. I sucked against the giant robotic jellyfish looking boss too but otherwise I made it through the rest of the game easily, only dying on the final stage twice. I was able to build up my Super against the core boss with the two drones right before the Kid fight, so when I fought Kid i was able to max out my Super pretty quickly and took him out pretty quickly. Got the "Beat Normal without continuing" trophy :D

Other than the spooky castle boss and the giant robotic jellyfish, i did as good as I could've hoped (though i did miss a bomb on the depot stage that i waited too long to shoot).

So I surprisingly beat Normal difficulty after nearly getting a game over against the spooky castle boss, i'll make sure to destroy his head/horns first before anything else, man i felt like a dummy lol.

I'm gonna play Easy and Normal with Clint since he's basically the same as Annie, then play as the dog and huge girl on Easy/Normal, i'll play through each difficulty enough to unlock all their costumes too so i get those trophies, then i'll just have to beat Hard without continuing with each character and i'll have gotten all trophies.

I feel like I'm getting close to being an 8/10 in terms of skill level, I'm only playing the game once a night or every other night and I'm super happy with how good I've become, i thought I had no chance of 1CC-ing the game, even on Easy difficulty since I sucked so bad when i first started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN7WRfPnFRY
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:15 am

@Dr.Light

I was watching a bit of your playthrough and you play a bit different from me. With Clint and Annie I generally shoot constantly regardless what I'm holding to keep my multiplier. You tend not to care about the multiplier. I'm not saying it's a worse way of playing, you get to keep items longer and you don't dodge things at the last minute.

The other girl gets her multiplier based on how long you charge her grenades, the doggo only gets a multiplier based on what he kills within the targetted zone.
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby 315retro » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:11 am

Finished bl3 and links awakening. I loved links awakening! I never played the original so it was a real treat for me.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:35 pm

kupomogli wrote:@Dr.Light

I was watching a bit of your playthrough and you play a bit different from me. With Clint and Annie I generally shoot constantly regardless what I'm holding to keep my multiplier. You tend not to care about the multiplier. I'm not saying it's a worse way of playing, you get to keep items longer and you don't dodge things at the last minute.

The other girl gets her multiplier based on how long you charge her grenades, the doggo only gets a multiplier based on what he kills within the targetted zone.

The only time I keep shooting is if i get that stupid popgun lol. Otherwise I like to only use special guns if I'm going to actually be hitting an enemy, a destroyable object or an item pickup/flying moneybag. I'm actually not sure how the multiplier works, if i keep hitting buildings and walls and stuff i know it adds points to my score which is kind of weird but does it keep the multiplier going for when i then do shoot enemies?

Also, I'm thoroughly convinced that whoever designed the enemies/bosses in Wild Guns is a former Contra dev team member, the two games share so many similarities even though Contra is a true side-scroller while Wild Guns is more of a shooting gallery game with your character on screen and able to move a bit to the left and right. Probably the easiest similar thing i can give as an example is how in Contra 1, there's those scooba diving guys who pop up in both the waterfall and snowfield stages and fire mortars up into the air that fall down at you. In Wild Guns in the canyon stage inside the canyon, there's a river with scooba diving guys who pop up in the water and fire mortars up into the air down at you.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:19 pm

Wild Guns Reloaded - played through Easy twice 1CC'ing with Clint, Easy mode is super easy for me now especially since extra lives are aplenty. I had some sucky parts my first playthrough and even more sucky parts my 2nd playthrough but whatever.

- cleared Easy 1CC'ing with Clint
- unlocked two colors for his costume

Gonna try to 1CC normal with Clint, play through Easy again real quick to unlock his 4th color for that costume, then i'm going to start learning the two new characters, the dog and huge girl.

Learned two cool things while playing - I can roll through the train's flamethrower attack which is smarter than jumping since sometimes it'll change elevation. Also learned that against the jetpack boss, when he lands on the train and i smack him off the train if i'm quick enough i can lasso him while he's still falling backwards lol

Once i learn and get used to the two new characters, 1CC'ing Easy and Normal should be no trouble for me. It's hard mode I'm worried about, especially since the bosses of the two new stages are a huge pain in the butt. I only played the airship stage once, the level is surprisingly easy but the boss of the stage i didn't know what to do, even got a Super meter maxed and still couldn't beat him. I'm gonna have to practice against that boss a few times to figure him out.

But with Easy being a cakewalk for me now and Normal not being that bad, looks like i'm going to be wrong about how difficult getting all teh trophies is going to be, though i haven't done it yet! Still not sure i agree with kupomogli about the Cursed Castilla EX firesword trophy being harder than 1CC'ing Wild Guns Reloaded's Hard difficulties with each character, we'll see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLBaIpMdeqQ
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:36 am

@DrLight

Clint and Annie multipliers are the exact same. As long as you are holding down the fire button the multiplier will increase to a maximum of x5. Releasing fire to move or pressing x while firing to dodge, etc, will reset the counter.

The dog's multiplier, I think, only increases if you are firing in the one section and don't move that firing zone. I haven't played too much with the dog. The dog kind of is easy mode tbh though.

The other character throws grenades and can charge up to five times. 10 grenade will get the maximum bonus and she can get more than x5, whatever the max grenades are when the opponent gets killed.

Now here's a thing with that character. Unlock the other characters when you hold the fire button and roll, she does a side shift dodge. Unlike the roll, I don't think this has invincibility frames, so I don't think you can dash through bullets. I haven't played in awhile, but I do think this is correct.

////

On The Messenger there are a few trophies that are missable, so I started a new game and played through to the second half of the game to collect those trophies and then finished the final areas of my first game to complete and platinum to game. I've actually came to the same opinion as my initial playthrough for the early game.

So when playing through the game a second time to pick up these trophies, the game gets significantly better once you get to very beginning of the fifth stage once acquiring every skill. The game is still good early, but it's still a little disappointing early on because how basic plus easy it is. But despite already recently playing through the game, the game still picked up at around the same point and felt really enjoyable when you acquire everything and go through the revamped stages in the second half of the game(which I later found out was the last two thirds and not half.) The game just gets significantly better. Sure it's still slightly at times, but the character momentum, the harder redesigned levels during the second half, etc. If I didn't feel it was so enjoyable I wouldn't have pushed through to platinum the game.

The level design stays good until the very end of the game and I actually thought two of the last stages(not the abyss,) were two of the best stages in the game. After you get to the second half of the game there are actually seven more areas that you don't go through when going through the game the first time through.

The music is good, and there are two tracks per stage for both the 8 and 16bit and avoiding any major spoilers, they do swap mid game while playing and blend perfectly together. It adds so much to the game. I didn't get tired of the music my main playthrough or the one that I went back through to collect the missables.

There's a bit of backtracking that does get a little bit annoying for doing it too much. What I'd recommend is you want to go back to the very beginning of the game when you can and then start from there and then go through the game which will make for far less backtracking and you'll have a better experience. I had to go back and forth a couple of times because of this, but otherwise not really too much. The game unlocked a lot of collectables the last two thirds and while getting them unlocks an ultra powerful power up, they're really cool challenges rather than the go here collect this garbage of most games released now days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaxnk0U ... s&index=23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJgqYQ ... s&index=47

Overall, really good game. If I had to give it a number though, I'd probably say 7/10 because of the earlier game and the fact that the game is always a bit easy even if it's consistently good.
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Ah, thanks kupomogli for the score multiplier info =)

For Wild Guns Reloaded, I played through Normal with Clint, 1CC'ing it despite playing like crap. I now have the Underground/Spooky Castle boss completely figured out. It's still a huge pain though because you have to spend so much time dodging the hand laser and the two arms that try to crush you, so you barely have any time to actually shoot the bosses' heart. But I'm super happy i now know how to fight the boss and it shouldn't give me any future problems i don't think. I died once against him because it looked like his two arms raised up in the air higher than usual, so i didn't jump because i thought they were coming high (kind of like the train's flamethrower) but they still came low and crushed me. Phooey lol

Also played through Easy mode again with Clint, 1CC'ing that and dying only 4 or 5 times i think (every death was me being an idiot except on the mine stage i didn't see a minecart melee enemy appear right in front of me). It's funny though how easy Easy mode is for me now, even Normal i was able to 1CC despite sucking really bad.

So all in all i....
- 1CC'd normal with Clint
- unlocked his last two alternate colors
- earned his "all colors" trophy
- figured out Underground/spooky castle boss

Now onto learning how to play as the dog and huge lady. Once i do their easy/normal 1CC's and earn all 4 of their costume colors, i'll try and tackle 1CC'ing Hard difficulty. It's lame the game doesn't have a Platinum though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWgtwQFSgeI
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:35 pm

Played through Wild Guns Reloaded Easy 1CC with Bullet (the little doggy). Really fun to play as and totally different to play as than Clint/Annie. I like being able to run back and forth while the drone autoaims at whatever is in it's scope. Shooting moneybags and fast moving enemies is tougher though, particularly the little tanks that fire missiles at you and the guys who ride the minecarts, and that sucks because they drop those orange jewels that give 5,000 points.

I should've made it to the Top 30 with Bullet for his Easy score but died two times too many, and all of my deaths should've been completely avoided too but oh well.

Anyway, had a lot of fun playing as Bullet, and 1CC'd Easy with him without breaking a sweat. Not sure if i'd say he's easier or better to use than Annie/Clint, i'm leaning towards yes mainly because of being able to move and shoot at the same time and of course the autoaim. Not sure if his hitbox is smaller, i think it is. It's also easier to lasso enemies. 1CC'ing Normal with Bullet should be easy and beating the Underground castle boss should be super easy with him because of the autoaim.

So...
- learned how to play as Bullet
- 1CC'd easy with Bullet
- unlocked one of his four extra colors

Btw, i like how Bullet picks up dynamite with his mouth and throws it back at enemies with his mouth rofl. Gonna play through Easy with him two more times to unlock 2 more of his colors, then 1CC Normal, then time to learn how to play as Doris. I wish we got more SNES remasters with new content. This is an amazing remaster and i can't wait for The Ninja Saviours to come out physically here in NA, i absolutely loved the SNES version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRGVD6pR6tU
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:48 am

I finally made the leaderboards in Wild Guns Reloaded! lol

Didn't make the overall list but I'm Ranked 23rd on Easy for top Bullet players. There's no way i'll ever make 1st for any of these but I just wanted to make the leaderboards and achieved that.

Played through the game twice more with Bullet, doing Easy to unlock another color and then 1CC'ing Normal difficulty with him which was super easy. I died twice against the Underground castle boss because it seems the dog jumps a little bit slower than Annie/Cliff so i need to get used to that next time.

kupomogli, i'm going to agree with you about Bullet, he (she?) is way easier to play through than Annie/Cliff. More complicated and advanced to use but once you get used to the dog and drone's controls then the game is definitely way easier.

I was complaining about having a hard time trying to fully destroy the tanks with Bullet but lasso'ing (er, well more like having the drone fly forward and shock) the tanks to get them to stay put and shoot them fixes that.

Bullet is so much fun to use, it's so awesome that Natsume remastered this game with the new content especially giving players new ways to play the game too.

So i...
-1CC'd normal with Bullet
- unlocked two more colors for Bullet
- made the leaderboards (yay)

Gonna play through Normal one more time with Bullet, I want to try and no-death the underground castle since the Steam version has achievements of no-deathing each stage in the game (no achievement for no-deathing the entire game, just separate achievements for doing it on each stage) even thought the PS4 version doesn't have these for trophies.

Once i do that and unlock Bullet's 4th color, on to learning how to use Doris. Easy and Normal 1CC's should be easy even if i have trouble learning her moves (that electric stomp is weird to me and i wonder what it does, does it kill melee enemies?).

Once i do that, onto trying Hard difficulties, 1CC'ing them with each character and i want to no-death the airship stage. After that i'm done with the game, Wild Guns Reloaded has been freakin' awesome, i love this game!

Also, i feel like i could no-death both easy and normal difficulties in less than 10 tries, but my score would suck because i'd avoid shooting all moneybags/jewel drops and i'm more interested in making the leaderboards. Not really worth pursuing, i'd only do it if the game had trophies to do so but it doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gEsUm8VP04
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:30 am

I just started playing the free to play Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operaion 2 and am so far my second day playing it, the game is actually good, but there's one major problem with the game. People. People are an exemplary reason why so many multiplayer games are far worse than they should be.

For instance, when you get into a match, the match connects pretty quickly for the most part. Then after connecting you have two minutes to choose your suit, but people join a match and sit there, likely leaving as soon as they join the match. The game forces you to wait or you get penalized so basically everyone in that room gets screwed by some asshat.

The other problem being the fact that this game is a team based multiplayer game, people who don't play the objectives. If you don't try to capture any locations or recapture them from opponents and you just play this game like Call of Duty, you're going to be boxed into a corner and you're going to be destroyed, not just you but your entire team. Don't let your allies go in and then run away when there's three mobile suits, again it's team based and it's pretty impossible for a single suit to take on that many enemies at once. Two is near impossible but I've actually done it, but you're likely dead after the first one.

That being said, this game is actually really good and it actually has a RPS style that actually works well. Not only does capturing bases give your players more locations to spawn, they also allow your teammates to use a missile support once every 200 seconds and this is very powerful. You basically don't want to waste the missile support, you want to use it when a group is fighting another group or trying to take over a base and won't be able to get away in time. You can also bomb the enemy base which gives you a lot of bonus points for your team.

For the five or so hours I've been playing, I've become pretty freaking good. There's 12 players per match so making the top six means that you're generally one of the better players. In this one, our team won and I was one of the top ranked in nearly everything.

Now, in this next image, our team lost but despite having such a bad party I was still one of the best players in the entire match. The reason I want to point this one out is, again, it's very very hard doing a 2v1 or more, so the fact that I actually did that well against a group of better players just goes to show how good I am at the game. It was actually this match which I did win at a 2v1. Some matches I think we're doing really well simply because how well I'm doing then after I look at the score we're 1000 behind, it's like wtf.

kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:38 pm

kupomogli wrote:I just started playing the free to play Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operaion 2...

It sounds like you got past the whole "Japanese language" debacle, then. :lol:

I'll have to download it and try it with you. Be patient with me while I "git gud!"
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby jrmann33 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:01 am

I have been playing Aggelos on my Switch. I preordered a physical copy from the UK months ago. It is a pretty solid action platformer. The difficulty kind of spikes in the 2nd zone/dungeon area which I hope doesn't keep rising with further difficulty into other locations of the game. Not sure yet.

Also been playing my SNES classic with my son and some of the added games I put on it a year ago. He has been watching me play Turtles in Time and Donkey Kong Country 2.

I also have been playing Sniper Elite V2 I bought the Silver Star Edition. I wanted to play the additional missions which were not really worth it, but the whole game is still relatively fun to play through. 4 is such a step up in the whole series plus the Zombie spin off games have been great too.

I also got back into trying to finally beat Dark Souls 3. I put it down a few years back after about 30 hours of playing and picked it back up recently to progress further. I have never beat any of the souls games but have played every single one of them for 20-30 hours.

If any of you have been looking to buy Fist of the North Star on Ps4 it just received a price drop on Amazon and Best Buy it is 19.99. Have not played it yet but I bought a copy last night and heard it is fun.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:42 am

Mobile Suit Gundam Battle Operation 2. I've quickly became a pro at this game to where I'm ranked 1, 2, or 3 in nearly every category in every match.

https://i.imgur.com/Ft6WcX7.jpg
https://imgur.com/8xrsNu5

Even when my team loses and has one person even quit out, I've got one of the highest ranks in the match.

https://imgur.com/8xrsNu5

So during my initial time playing and my initial impressions, I actually had yet to try space battles. I absolutely love space battles in this game. I've gotten so good at them that I actually can do fairly well against multiple players. Facing more than one opponent though is very hard, but if you're great at evasion you can essentially take two enemies out of combat or even survive until you get some assistance from allies.

I actually saved a couple videos and combined two sections into a fairly short single video showing off some 2v1 combat. In the first section I actually had the first enemy down almost dead before the second enemy came to join him, and then when a third enemy showed up, my allies showed up as well. Both enemies received around as much damage as a full mobile suit and I still had well over half my health. In the second section, I started with half health before I started it(otherwise it'd be a fairly long section leading up to that,) and I dealt a pretty good amount of damage before dying. But if you notice, my allies were able to destroy two enemies by the time it took two of theirs to kill me. It dropped it down to 3v2 versus against the other enemies and it's appears they weren't as good at evasion as I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=narofQi9ItM
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:43 pm

kupomogli wrote:I actually saved a couple videos and combined two sections into a fairly short single video showing off some 2v1 combat. In the first section I actually had the first enemy down almost dead before the second enemy came to join him, and then when a third enemy showed up, my allies showed up as well. Both enemies received around as much damage as a full mobile suit and I still had well over half my health. In the second section, I started with half health before I started it(otherwise it'd be a fairly long section leading up to that,) and I dealt a pretty good amount of damage before dying. But if you notice, my allies were able to destroy two enemies by the time it took two of theirs to kill me. It dropped it down to 3v2 versus against the other enemies and it's appears they weren't as good at evasion as I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=narofQi9ItM

Are you stuck with a Zaku if you only play the free stuff or are there Gundam choices as well? Do you earn currency that lets you buy different units, upgrades, etc. or does all that cost real $$$?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:03 pm

No, you get a decent variety of mobile suits when you start. I actually prefer the Zaku 2 Kai over a lot of them. The suits I gravitate towards depends on the number of points for the battle. In the images there's Zaku 2 Kai, Gouf Custom, and Full Armor Gundam, while I also like the Zaku Cannon and Gyan Eos out of the ones that I actually have. Again depends on the point value. If it's a 500 point match I'm not going to pick a Zaku 2 Kai when I can pick the Eos, but if it's a 350 point match I'll likely pick the Zaku 2 Kai or Gouf Customer. If it's 250 points I'll likely pick the Zaku 2 Kai or Zaku Cannon.

That being said, the last two days of playing this, my god people are absolute shit at video games. Now, I shit on journalists for being terrible at video games because to me they are horrible, but every single match I've had a ton of players that are honestly brain dead stupid idiots the lack of skill they've shown is absolutely fucking astounding. Now I've always said most people aren't very good at video games, but this shit is beyond ridiculous. I swear to god most of these people have pudding for brains, or they've got bitten by a real life zombie and brought back to life to be total shit at everything they do.

Despite the fact that many of these matches I was ranked 1, 2, and 3 across the freaking board and still our team lost. One of the matches the average score between my team after minusing my score(1100+) was 250, and this was with one of the people on the other team quitting mid match so the other team was down a player the entire game. How the shit can you get that low of a score unless you do absolutely fucking nothing?

Despite this game being good, it's also a team based game, and the amount of fucking idiots in this game is likely going to get me to quit. It doesn't matter if I'm one of the highest ranking players each and every game if I'm not having fun because people are fucktarded morons then the game is shit and it's the people who are the reason, not the game itself.

*edit*

I'm not saying people shouldn't have the right to play games, but there should be a barrier to play these pvp multiplayer games. The problem is is that these people are shit and they don't even try and learn the game. A lot of them may even be joining games and fucking it up for everyone else just to fucking troll the community. It's not like a Mobile Suit Gundam game is going to get the hype of Fortnite or Apex Legends regardless, so there may be people just trying to kill off the userbase.

Devs would never allow players to be banned unless they're cheating though, because especially now that there's lootboxes and microtransactions, these crappy players will still bring money to the publishers.
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:04 pm

Got 100% trophies for Shadow of War, had a good time with the main game and the expansions. It is a bit sad that this wasn't the initial version they released, I can imagine how grindy the game was with the microtransactions and all that.

I also got the plat for Fernz Gate some days ago. Easy and quick RPG, I liked it but not as much as Revenant Saga. Crafting a weapon up to lvl 999 was a big grind.

I'm now playing Dragon Fantasy Volume I on Vita, and I plan to start Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 whenever I have time. I think this will be my fourth time beating those. I'll do it just as preparation before finally playing U4, so I'll have enough Sully jokes for about two months lol
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby 315retro » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Started aggelos. It's a fun game so far, I'd say I'm about 1/4 way through if it works as I assume. They did a great job with the soundtrack in this game. The visuals are top notch. The controls feel a little slippery at first but it's easy enough to get used to I guess.

They did take the retro bit a little bit too seriously tho. The magic system blows... You recharge mp by killing enemies. They respawn when you go between screens, but given sometimes you miss or otherwise screw up you may find yourself frustrated and bouncing between screens to finish a part.

The map is garbage and all but absolutely useless. Some fast travel would have been nice.

You aren't punished too badly for dying. So that's nice. Dungeons could use a save stone in the foyer. And maybe a quick warp to the boss.

I'm lost in the second temple. I may have to look up something for help but I'm just too tired to continue right now. K

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:11 pm

Played Wild Guns Reloaded again after a few days away (work work work).

- played through Normal again with Bullet, landing 14th on the leaderboards for Bullet/Normal
- unlocked his last color
- unlocked his all colors trophy
- beat the underground castle stage without dying (not a ps4 trophy but it is a steam achievement so i wanted to do it anyway, i've now beaten every stage without dying except the airship).

So all i have left to do now is learn how to play as Doris, 1CC Easy/Normal with her, unlock all her colors, then...

1CC Hard with all 4 characters, beat the airship stage, beat the airship stage without continuing (not a ps4 trophy but another steam achievement i want to strive for), then i'll have 100% completed the game.

I should have Wild Guns Reloaded all wrapped up by the end of the week. Then I'm gonna start to play The Coma: Recut which i've been meaning to play forever. Hey, it's October, gotta play at least one horror game lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J64nwAW3y_U
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby jrmann33 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:06 am

315retro wrote:Started aggelos. It's a fun game so far, I'd say I'm about 1/4 way through if it works as I assume. They did a great job with the soundtrack in this game. The visuals are top notch. The controls feel a little slippery at first but it's easy enough to get used to I guess.

They did take the retro bit a little bit too seriously tho. The magic system blows... You recharge mp by killing enemies. They respawn when you go between screens, but given sometimes you miss or otherwise screw up you may find yourself frustrated and bouncing between screens to finish a part.

The map is garbage and all but absolutely useless. Some fast travel would have been nice.

You aren't punished too badly for dying. So that's nice. Dungeons could use a save stone in the foyer. And maybe a quick warp to the boss.

I'm lost in the second temple. I may have to look up something for help but I'm just too tired to continue right now. K

Is that the water area? That is where I stopped playing at least. Havent picked it up since that point. Not to say I probably can't power through it, but just am preoccupied with other games. Kind of leaning more towards horror games just because the time of the year.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby 315retro » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Ugh yeah. I figured out what was going on and got to the water temple boss...

You have to mash the float button - O to stay afloat. The boss rapidly spawns enemies (to repower your magic, which keeps you afloat) and teleports around the map. This pops your bubble. All while you have to float around precisely avoiding the boss and his other enemies you have to mash the square button as well! If you look at your controller, those buttons are directly across from each other. It's an extremely awkward combo to have to press... Let alone trying to delicately balance a one hit pop power up which you need to stay afloat.

I really wish it worked differently because I'm definitely enjoying the exploring and leveling up. I just forsee several hours of frustration fighting this boss - and frustration for the wrong reasons. So I'm probably giving up on this :(

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:01 am

315retro wrote:You have to mash ... O to stay afloat. ... you have to mash the square button as well! If you look at your controller, those buttons are directly across from each other. It's an extremely awkward combo to have to press...

This might help you.

https://www.howtogeek.com/245977/how-to ... ontroller/
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby 315retro » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:04 am

Actually, yes! I may try that. I thought about doing it before to make my look permanently inverted (yeah I'm one of those weirdos haha).

Thank you.

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:11 am

@315retro

You can go into the PS4 accessibility options and change button assignments.

*edit*

Oh, ffsasdfjkl; posted a link explaining it. Good job.

kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:13 am

Started playing as Doris in Wild Guns Reloaded, spent a while learning her moveset and what gives i-frames and what doesn't. She isn't invincible while dashing, and she isn't invincible while falling to the ground with her electric stomp though when she lands it does destroy bullets and giver her seemingly the same invincibility time as when punching an enemy or throwing a stick of dynamite.

Her controls are really annoying though. I haven't checked in options to see if there's a way to change it but it looks like you have to time her bomb throws in-between so you can throw them consecutively otherwise if you press the button too fast she'll do the triple lasso instead. It's also annoying because it's so easy to accidentally dash instead or if you go to dash you might accidentally jump and often then double jump/electric stomp instead which makes you a sitting duck.

Her damage output is crazy though as is her damage range and the triple lasso makes lasso'ing anything super easy, but her slow walking movement and touchy controls have already made for a lot of cheap deaths for me. I sort of but not really attempted to 1CC with her my first try but experimented with her moveset and how everything works and what gives i-frames and what doesn't so i died pretty easily. I beat Easy with her and unlocked one of her colors though so at least got one color unlock out of the way.

Also, I just noticed while playing with her that killing an enemy in the game reduces the timer countdown by 1 second, i never noticed that until tonight rofl

So anyway, i....
-learned how to play as Doris
-i'm pretty sure i did these already, and they aren't part of the ps4 trophy list but i got x5 on three enemies simultaneously and did her 7 bomb attack which are steam achievements.
-unlocked one of her colors

So i need to 1CC easy and normal with Doris, play through one more time to unlock her 4th color, then onto hard mode and beating the airship without dying with one character and clearing that mode on the same run (just something personal i want to do). Then after 1CC'ing hard with all characters i'm done with the game, super fun game but i am starting to get burned out, at least playing easy/normal, hard mode i'm sure will bring back the excitement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhyQPvcu1MY
Last edited by DrLight66 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:13 am

Played Wild Guns Reloaded more just now, playing as Doris, I'm getting better with her but of course there's still tons of room for improvement. One great thing about her grenade attack is being able to rack up a crazy amount of points really fast, so getting a higher score/more 1ups happens much faster than with the other characters. That's no surprise though since all the top scores involve using her, it's literally impossible for the other characters to get a score as high as her if you play as her really well.

Anyway, tonight i...
-unlocked her last 3 colors (so got that trophy)
- 1CC'd easy and normal with her (got the 2 trophies for 1CC'ing easy and normal with all characters)

Now all my future playthroughs will be on Hard mode only. I feel like if i can get good at the airship stage and learn how to fight the boss, then i should be able to 1CC Hard mode with all characters. I also want to personally beat the airship stage in one life with at least one character since it's a steam achievement (though not a ps4 trophy).

So as far as trophies go, i need to clear hard mode, beat the airship stage, 1CC hard with all 4 characters, and that's it for trophies i'll have earned them all. And if i can one life the airship stage i'll then have done everything as far as what the steam achievements would be.

I probably won't have the game wrapped up until sometime late next week, but Hard mode is basically all that stands between me and having 100%'d the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDLOTzewOo
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Previous

Return to General Discussions