Talk about everything else here!

Postby Dark_Overlord » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:42 pm

bunnybear wrote:
Best1989 wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:
Zee wrote:No word on release date?

Vblank has just been saying "When it's done."

As charismatic as ever.

But it's also the right answer, especially in this day and age of products being rushed to market before they're ready.

Totally agree, I'm sick to death of broken games with 'Day 1' patches, I'd rather they all take extra time and make sure the damn thing works before releasing it :)
Dark_Overlord
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Dark_Overlord wrote:
bunnybear wrote:
Best1989 wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:
Zee wrote:No word on release date?

Vblank has just been saying "When it's done."

As charismatic as ever.

But it's also the right answer, especially in this day and age of products being rushed to market before they're ready.

Totally agree, I'm sick to death of broken games with 'Day 1' patches, I'd rather they all take extra time and make sure the damn thing works before releasing it :)

Definitely agree.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:52 am

Dark_Overlord wrote:
bunnybear wrote:But it's also the right answer, especially in this day and age of products being rushed to market before they're ready.

Ah, for sure. That's the way it should be.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby DeafTard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:00 am

Best1989 wrote:
Dark_Overlord wrote:
bunnybear wrote:But it's also the right answer, especially in this day and age of products being rushed to market before they're ready.

Ah, for sure. That's the way it should be.

Agreed!

I'm so scared of the future of gaming cause of all the talk about the next consoles being a streaming box rather than using discs/cartridges. I see so many games being released way to early with endless amount of patches. I bet we will also see endless amount of early access games in future consoles as well. Yuck!
DeafTard
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 am

I'm so scared of the future of gaming cause of all the talk about the next consoles being a streaming box rather than using discs/cartridges.

Even though I still wouldn't buy it, I would prefer a download-only box over a fucking streaming box.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:12 am

Dr. Robotnik wrote:
I'm so scared of the future of gaming cause of all the talk about the next consoles being a streaming box rather than using discs/cartridges.

Even though I still wouldn't buy it, I would prefer a download-only box over a fucking streaming box.

Yeah streaming is even worse.

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby StormJumper » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:12 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:

And they assume your internet has no breaks...streaming on Fiber is the way to go assuming also you can afford to have it. I have it but comes at a price $100+/Month not cheap but if you want internet HI that my only choice where I live.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:29 pm

StormJumper wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:

And they assume your internet has no breaks...streaming on Fiber is the way to go assuming also you can afford to have it. I have it but comes at a price $100+/Month not cheap but if you want internet HI that my only choice where I live.

It's NoT Even An Option Where I Live. I've stated in the past I live in the city but you go out to the surrounding rural areas roadrunner internet isn't even an option. Dsl is the fastest available to those people. I imagine most of the u.s. is like this honestly. We are not setup for this digital only game some people want to shove down our throats
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:55 am

shinoff2183 wrote:
It's NoT Even An Option Where I Live. I've stated in the past I live in the city but you go out to the surrounding rural areas roadrunner internet isn't even an option. Dsl is the fastest available to those people. I imagine most of the u.s. is like this honestly. We are not setup for this digital only game some people want to shove down our throats

And that's only taking USA in consideration. Most other countries are in a similar situation... In all honesty, idk who thinks that streaming or digital-only game machines are a good idea right now, but they need to do their homework.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby bap » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Streaming is inevitable for games... But as a choice! When/if streaming starts to be a dominant way to play for gamers then start to be worried. If that time ever comes might be a good excuse to get through the 100s or 1000s or games we already own!
bap
Physical Champion

Postby bmcphail » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:33 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:
StormJumper wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:
Dr. Robotnik wrote:

Not to discount your personal situation, but as of 2016, less than 10% of US households were in an area that had no providers offering at least 25 mbps service. Those numbers have probably improved even further since then. 10% of households is not an insignificant amount, but it's small in relation to the potential market for a robust streaming platform that actually delivers on its promise.
bmcphail
LRG Super Fan

Postby DeafTard » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:06 am

It's still scary though because not everyone has fast internet wherever they live and the price for getting fast internet is even more costly as well. I do understand that 90% or more of the world will have access to fast internet in the future but I still think we have a long way to go before we get to that point.

I just hope that the gaming industry will STILL offer the choice to allow us to download and own the actual digital game rather than just 1 option which is streaming only. Who knows if there will even be any consoles in the future? :shock:

Have anyone heard about the Resident Evil 7 stream/cloud thing for the Nintendo Switch in Japan? I actually tried the stream demo after creating a japanese Nintendo account. However, it was AWFUL. The game wouldn't let me play for 2-3 minutes before it just suddenly stopped and booted me to the menu.

Here's a video of it if anyone is curious:
https://youtu.be/3exYkGdnPCY
DeafTard
Physical Champion

Postby shinoff2183 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:42 am

Bmcphail, that 10 percent doesn't seem that high but it's still alot of households. Whats the speed of dsl im not really even sure. Is that number10% accurate? Even with that games aren't getting smaller either. The games are getting gbigger faster then the speed of the internet is catching up. Idk to me that's still plenty of reason to keep physical media around. Plus I like it lol.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby DeafTard » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:19 am

Just got an email newsletter update just an hour ago, copy/paste of what the email said down below:

"Shakedown: Hawaii's PS Vita physical edition is heading into manufacturing very soon! It's happening!

Another email will be sent out well in advance of when they go on sale with a day and time, so don't worry about missing them. Your browser's refresh button can rest easy, because you'll get the full heads up, right here ;)
"

It's good to know that the physical vita versions are still coming!
DeafTard
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 am

Nice, I'll keep an eye on it.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby StormJumper » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:47 am

Good to know. Now waiting for Switch version.
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby blckman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Just saw this on twitter as well about an hour ago. Man...I love twitter very much. I don't twee, but when you follow a particular company they post it just as fast as sending out an email newsletter. Good call and thank you for keeping us informed.
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:33 am

I cant wait to play this, Ill be going for a ps4 disc. I never really played retro city rampage but im legit interested in playing this. It just seems fun as hell. Glad to see they are gonna get to make those vita copies before the end.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Previous

Return to General Discussions