• Who is online

Feel free to talk about Switch related stuff here!

Postby BenoitRen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 am

This is a list of physical releases of Switch games that are complete. Meaning, no patches were released afterwards. The list is divided into two sections: 1) games that never got any patches, and 2) games that got physical releases after receiving one or more patches. The reason for the split is that I can't check if the physical release is based on the last version of the digital release, so I had to make an educated guess.

Feel free to submit corrections and/or games that I missed.

NOTE: 88 Heroes: "98 Heroes Edition" and "Sine Mora EX" aren't on the list because both were patched after release. However, their patches were pulled on 28 August 2018 for unknown reasons, and it's not known what they changed.

DISCLAIMER: These games were complete at the time of the last edit. It is always possible that a patch or expansion gets released in the future, making the release incomplete. It is up to you to decide if it's worth the risk and purchase.

Complete day one releases:
30-in-1 Game Collection: Volume 1
Adventure Pals, The
America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (USA release)
Bayonetta: Non-Stop Climax Edition (JP import)
Bayonetta 2
Big Buck Hunter Arcade
Broken Age
Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse
Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers
Chicken Range
Code of Princess EX
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Crash Dummy
Crayola Scoot
de Blob
Dragon Quest Builders
End Is Nigh, The
Farming Simulator: Nintendo Switch Edition
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Flinthook
FOX n FORESTS
Furi
Gal Metal - World Tour Edition
Ginger: Beyond the Crystal
Go Vacation
Goosebumps: The Game
Happy Birthdays
Hasbro Game Night for Nintendo Switch
Hello Kitty Kruisers with Sanrio Friends
Hello Neighbor
Hotel Transylvania 3: Monsters Overboard
Hunting Simulator
Iconoclasts
Jackbox Party Pack 3, The
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Deluxier Edition
Layers of Fear: Legacy
Let's Sing 2018 (USA release)
Longest Five Minutes, The
Mega Man X Legacy Collection
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 (JP import)
Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series - The Complete Adventure
MXGP3: The Official Motocross Videogame
My Riding Stables: Life with Horses
Namco Museum Arcade Pac
Neo Atlas 1469
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Okami HD (JP import)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Deluxe Edition
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - Deluxe Edition
Onimusha: Warlords (JP import)
Party Arcade
PAW Patrol: On a Roll
Penguin Wars
Penny-Punching Princess
Project Highrise: Architect's Edition
Rapala Fishing Pro Series
Resident Evil: Revelations Collection (Resident Evil: Revelations)
Retro City Rampage DX
Saturday Morning RPG
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (USA release)
Soldam: Drop, Connect, Erase (EU release)
Sonic Mania Plus
Spelunker Party
SteamWorld Dig 2
Super Mario Party
Tiny Barbarian DX
Troll and I
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Vegas Party
Wild Guns Reloaded
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
World Ends with You: Final Remix, The
Yooka-Laylee

Complete delayed physical releases
Battle Chef Brigade - Deluxe Edition
Candle: The Power of the Flame
Cat Quest
Coma: Recut, The
Count Lucanor, The
Dimension Drive (AS import)
Flame in the Flood, The
Golf Story
Kingdom: New Lands
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
Mutant Mudds Collection
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Oxenfree
RXN: Raijin (AS import)
Salt and Sanctuary - Drowned Tome Edition
Shikhondo: Soul Eater (AS import)
Slain: Back from Hell
Slime-san: Superslime Edition
Snake Pass
Thimbleweed Park
Thumper
Velocity 2X
West of Loathing
WindJammers
Last edited by BenoitRen on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:30 am

Very handy list. Thank you!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Scruffy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:33 am

That is a great list! Thank you for that.

I hope you can add Celeste to that list...

Does Yooka Laylee really have the DLC on it? That 64 bit filter what was released not long ago.

Do you know what "Super Bomberman R NX" is? It's a re-release of the game. Maybe with the DLC?

https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_super ... 16961.html
Scruffy
True Believer

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 am

As far as I know, the 64-bit filter feature hasn't been released yet, and I know for sure that there hasn't been any patch for the game. When it does release, the game will no longer be complete, strictly speaking, though I'm sure not everyone cares about the feature.

That's why my list of Switch game patches exists, though: to decide for yourself whether a game is complete or not.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby BenoitRen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 am

"Atari Flashback Classics" and "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker" bite the dust.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby Fries » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:36 am

BenoitRen wrote:"Atari Flashback Classics" and "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker" bite the dust.

I'm hoping Captain Toad gets a re-release, seems like they're updating it with quite a bit of content.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 am

Fries wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:"Atari Flashback Classics" and "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker" bite the dust.

I'm hoping Captain Toad gets a re-release, seems like they're updating it with quite a bit of content.

It would be nice, as that is a game I want to play eventually. I was looking at a 3DS copy, but now I think I'll wait a bit to see what happens.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Bah. One of the reasons I liked Nintendo was that they didn't do a lot of DLC.
Their games used to be done.
So I certainly didn't expect a remaster of a 2014 game to have DLC...

But what I don't really get is that according to THIS link one of the things to be added is a multiplayer mode. I got Captain Toad as a Christmas gift and have been playing it since January, but I think there's always been an option on the level select to play multiplayer? I haven't tried actually pressing it (or well, I have, but I'm always in handheld mode so it just tells me to **** off), so it might be something completely different...
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby supercutz » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 pm

In this day and age, it's useless to compile a list like this during the console's life cycle.

Good luck to you.
supercutz
LRG Super Fan

Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:49 pm

I would love to see a list like this for Vita and even PS4 (although that would be a monumental undertaking). Cool to see a Switch one though for when I get around to buying one...
OneVurfedGwrx
Physical Champion

Postby FoP » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 am

OneVurfedGwrx wrote:I would love to see a list like this for Vita and even PS4 (although that would be a monumental undertaking). Cool to see a Switch one though for when I get around to buying one...

I use THIS site for PS4 updates. Mostly for checking the size of updates; since I'm datacapped at the moment I like to know how big the patches will be before starting a game.
Wanting to get the "unobtainable" FFXV Comrades DLC trohpies via the proxy method turned out to be quite annoying with the update size (34Gb) and the DLC (7.5Gb) size... had to split it across two months.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:25 am

supercutz wrote:In this day and age, it's useless to compile a list like this during the console's life cycle.

I disagree.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby supercutz » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm

BenoitRen wrote:
supercutz wrote:In this day and age, it's useless to compile a list like this during the console's life cycle.

I disagree.

Let me elaborate:
1. You don't buy every game.
2. You require volunteers to inform you when a game gets updated.
3. Games can receive updates/patches years after release with no warning/info.
4. This list will not be complete for at least another 5 years and constantly changing throughout that time.
5. It's not realistic to expect you to stay up-to-date with this list.
6. If/when this list gets outdated, people may refer to it as still being valid thereby making poor purchase decisions.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the concept but now isn't the time for a list like this. A much better time would be towards the end of the Switch's life cycle. The PS4 is heading into it's twilight year(s) so that platform would be a much better candidate for a list like this.

God speed.
supercutz
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:34 pm

supercutz wrote:1. You don't buy every game.
2. You require volunteers to inform you when a game gets updated.

I don't need to buy games or require anyone to inform me. There is a bot that monitors the list of updates that Nintendo sends to each Switch.
3. Games can receive updates/patches years after release with no warning/info.

This is true. But it doesn't change that for a long time, the game was complete and seemingly done. Like I said, it's up to you to decide whether a patch makes a physical copy obsolete or not.
4. This list will not be complete for at least another 5 years and constantly changing throughout that time.

Yes, I know, but I don't think it's a problem.
5. It's not realistic to expect you to stay up-to-date with this list.

6. If/when this list gets outdated, people may refer to it as still being valid thereby making poor purchase decisions.[/quote]
I have the tools to keep this list up-to-date.
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the concept but now isn't the time for a list like this.

I disagree. The games are being sold now, and it is unreasonable to expect that every Switch game will still be available for purchase in five years. We should be able to vote now with our wallet for games that are released in a finished state.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby supercutz » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:21 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I disagree. The games are being sold now, and it is unreasonable to expect that every Switch game will still be available for purchase in five years. We should be able to vote now with our wallet for games that are released in a finished state.

Most physical games are considered "complete" upon release (especially on Switch compared to the almost standard "Day 1" patch on other platforms). That is, until the inevitable patches/updates/expansions later on down the line that we don't know about. So when I go to your trusty list where it tells me that the physical version of game X is "complete" and I buy said game; then 6-12 months later a new expansion or update gets released, thereby making my complete game incomplete, well that would make me :cry: :evil:
supercutz
LRG Super Fan

Postby BenoitRen » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:31 am

supercutz wrote:Most physical games are considered "complete" upon release (especially on Switch compared to the almost standard "Day 1" patch on other platforms).

What gave you the impression that this isn't the case on Switch? The day one patch is pretty standard on it as well.
So when I go to your trusty list where it tells me that the physical version of game X is "complete" and I buy said game; then 6-12 months later a new expansion or update gets released, thereby making my complete game incomplete, well that would make me :cry: :evil:

It'd be unfortunate, but that's still much better than most releases these days.

Guess I'll put up a disclaimer.
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Postby Scruffy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 am

FoP wrote:Bah. One of the reasons I liked Nintendo was that they didn't do a lot of DLC.

Yes, me too. And Nintendo does not even need to make DLC, their games are longseller even without DLC. Some 3DS games like Mario Kart 7 are still sold for full price.

I just hope not much people will buy the DLC for Captain Toad.
Scruffy
True Believer

Postby BenoitRen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Golf Story got a patch last Thursday, but all it does is add a missing UI graphic (related to Pro Woods?).
BenoitRen
Physical Warrior

Return to Switch Discussion