• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:29 am

Is anyone else here colelcting skylanders or am I the only one?
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:56 pm

I have a friend who loves Skylanders and has a bunch of them. I don't have any, though. I played some games with him and enjoyed it enough, but it's just too much for me to get into collecting at this point.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7460
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:03 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:I have a friend who loves Skylanders and has a bunch of them. I don't have any, though. I played some games with him and enjoyed it enough, but it's just too much for me to get into collecting at this point.
why?

the first 3 series are realy cheap now you cna get them for less then a buck a piece at flea markjets etc
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby TornadoCreator » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:38 pm

I've been tempted to try the games, but I know what I'm like when it comes to collecting crap I'll never use. I still have literally thousands of pounds worth of Warhammer models that I've never even constructed, let alone painted and played games with.
Image
User avatar
TornadoCreator
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:40 pm
Location: United Kingdom


Postby 315retro » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:20 pm

I grab them at yardsales. I semi frequently find large boxes of them. If they seem like they're averaged out to a quarter or 50 cents each I'll grab them.

Problem is I have no idea what ones I have. I have an app where I keep track of them, but to look at a big pile of them I have no idea which ones are part of my collection.

According to my app I've only got about 38 of em.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

Image
User avatar
315retro
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3194
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:45 am
Location: CNY


Postby mr. Hyde » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:50 pm

315retro wrote:I grab them at yardsales. I semi frequently find large boxes of them. If they seem like they're averaged out to a quarter or 50 cents each I'll grab them.

Problem is I have no idea what ones I have. I have an app where I keep track of them, but to look at a big pile of them I have no idea which ones are part of my collection.

According to my app I've only got about 38 of em.
same way I got about 95% of my collection and I have a few 100 of them. I buy some more expensive but 5 bucks is the most I would pay for 1 and then it has to be a special edition at the verry least.

I bought 1 that was more expensive in the past and I regret that I paid that for it.

not gonna sell that one either great reminder to not fal for it again:)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Soera » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:59 am

I have an entire complete set. All the characters, all the actual variants.
Image
User avatar
Soera
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:18 pm
Location: Oklahoma City


Postby mr. Hyde » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 am

Soera wrote:I have an entire complete set. All the characters, all the actual variants.
just the ingame variants or also the chase variants?
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Soera » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:08 pm

I dont go for the weird random variants that are just a luck of the draw. I have all the Toys R Us, Best buy, GameStop, and Target variants.
Image
User avatar
Soera
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:18 pm
Location: Oklahoma City


Postby mr. Hyde » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Soera wrote:I dont go for the weird random variants that are just a luck of the draw. I have all the Toys R Us, Best buy, GameStop, and Target variants.
you misunderstoot chase variants are the ones that are different as a figure but ingame are just normal like the glow in the dark ones for example.

in game variants are the dark and legendary skylanders for example if you put those on the portal they look like their figure

chase variants look the same as the normal ones ingame just have a different figure.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:31 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:I have a friend who loves Skylanders and has a bunch of them. I don't have any, though. I played some games with him and enjoyed it enough, but it's just too much for me to get into collecting at this point.
why?

the first 3 series are realy cheap now you cna get them for less then a buck a piece at flea markjets etc


1. Too many to collect at this point
2. Too many variants to hunt down
3. They take up a lot of space I don't have at the moment
4. Even if most are cheap, some will still cost $$$ and to get them all...
5. I don't see myself playing the games anytime soon, so it's kinda pointless for me

I think they're cool, but just not for me.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7460
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby mr. Hyde » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:03 am

BuraddoRun wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:I have a friend who loves Skylanders and has a bunch of them. I don't have any, though. I played some games with him and enjoyed it enough, but it's just too much for me to get into collecting at this point.
why?

the first 3 series are realy cheap now you cna get them for less then a buck a piece at flea markjets etc


1. Too many to collect at this point
2. Too many variants to hunt down
3. They take up a lot of space I don't have at the moment
4. Even if most are cheap, some will still cost $$$ and to get them all...
5. I don't see myself playing the games anytime soon, so it's kinda pointless for me

I think they're cool, but just not for me.

1 you cna start with just 1 series:P
2 only get ingame variants those arent too many first series for example just 9
3 that sucks but is a good reason
4 true
5 I didnt play all games either the cars cna only be used in superchargers for example and I wont ever gonna play it

either way your choice but its realy fun and I have just 1 display case I use and some boxxed ones that are in drawers etc
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Dr. Robotnik » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Does anyone happen to have or have a link to a listing of all the in-game character figures? I dont care about the non-game in-game variants, but I would be interested in finishing up all of the ones that actually show up in the game if not too crazy. Originally I was only going for one of each character, as in their original version release and kind of ignoring updated characters from later games.

Also I really wish they could list the characters name on the bottom of the figs.
User avatar
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2748
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:20 pm
Location: Mobius


Postby mr. Hyde » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:23 pm

here you cna download them you would want the ingame variants not the chase variants

https://skylanderscharacterlist.com/sky ... checklist/
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm


Postby Dr. Robotnik » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:26 am

So lets say I have a figure originally released for the first game, does the re-release of that character in later games, say like from Giants or Super Chargers, have any additional in-game abilities/looks that you would not unlock if you were still using the original release version of the figure in a later game? (not talking about color variations)
User avatar
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2748
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:20 pm
Location: Mobius


Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 am

Dr. Robotnik wrote:So lets say I have a figure originally released for the first game, does the re-release of that character in later games, say like from Giants or Super Chargers, have any additional in-game abilities/looks that you would not unlock if you were still using the original release version of the figure in a later game? (not talking about color variations)
depends on the figure but most of the time yes the acception being giants pretty sure in giants they are pretty much the same but in trapforce they got some unique ones as well.

im not certain though its a long time since I played the games
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm



Return to Collecting