• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby 315retro » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Thinking of ditching my Genesis stuff, except for hyperstone heist and toejam...maybe my cib sonic stuff.

I have no nostalgia for the console and tbh I hate the controller.

Anyone else ever do a similar thinning out? Do you regret it now? I don't play Genesis really and there's a lot of records I could buy if I sold off my collection.

Maybe I should wait for that mini Sega and see if I can mod it.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:10 pm

I never done it perse but I am considering the same for my x-box stuff Ihave it mostly just for collecting purposes but I despice the controller so I wont ever play them.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:06 pm

No, but I try to buy only what I think I'll stay interested in.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:15 pm

I've culled collections before that I've regretted later, but I've also dumped things I never miss.

Just evaluate what you have and seriously consider whether you think you will ever truly miss it or want to play it again. If you literally never play your Genesis, and have games you just don't ever see yourself wanting to play again, why keep them? And honestly, the Genesis Mini is almost assuredly going to be hackable.

But if you have doubts about certain games, hold onto them for a bit. You don't have to rush to thin things out.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby 315retro » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:35 am

fgsfds100 wrote:No, but I try to buy only what I think I'll stay interested in.

Well I mainly add to my collection via yardsales. I think TMNT and Castevania are the only two games I paid even close to retail for.

I also have all 3 models of Genesis which is absurd because I don't even play the thing haha.

Something about losing 70 games from my collection hurts so bad to think about even if I don't ever touch them...
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:22 am

I haven't done it myself, but have tought about weeding out a bunch off stuff. Then i think by myself why would i get rid off it, surely their is stuff i haven't touched in 10 years i could get rid off but i can't bring myself to do it, man i almost sound like a hoarder :lol:

It's just such a pain in the ass and time consuming to take pictures of everithing then list it on ebay or wherever you want. reply to messages, go to the post office several times a week. and i'm pretty sure their are bound to be some idiots who will waster your time no matter with low ball offers or don't pay in the end.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby fgsfds100 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:57 pm

kazumn wrote:man i almost sound like a hoarder :lol:

The difference between that and a collector is organization. :lol:
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:00 am

Only stuff I have ever sold is duplicates of things I have come across. I have had a slight interest in selling off some of my PS4 games that now have Switch versions, but I will probably never end up actually doing that.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby kube00 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:34 am

I've slimmed down a lot of my ps2, Xbox and GC collection. The only thing that keeps growing is the DC collection

I might just sell off my snes pretty soon, I have very few games for it and I was going to buy an Everdrive at one time
Co-Founder of http://www.the-gamers-lounge.com/
Former EIC of Goozernation.com
kube00
Physical Champion

Return to Collecting