• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Do you prefer to get games only for your region, or is your collection all mixed up? If a game is released first in another region that you buy, but later comes to your region, do you double dip and/or sell/trade the other copy?

Barring any actual game differences, I don't like to double dip. I'll buy for my region if it's available, but I have plenty of imports, and I actually like having games only available in other regions. But if I import a game that later gets released in the states, I won't double dip or do an exchange if the game remains unchanged ( same version, patches, dlc, no censorship). I've made a few exceptions for varying reasons, but I really shy away from that now.

That's why I have only a PEGI Giana Sisters and am perfectly content with my Japanese Forgotton Anne.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:40 pm

I prefer versions for my own region (ESRB), ideally single-language covers too. Inclusion of other languages on the back wastes a LOT of space and completely ruins the aesthetic.

I have one Japanese region game for PS3 and that was the only non-ESRB release I had for a long time, but as a result of PA and all the European limited publishers, I now have quite a few.

Yes, I would sell my non-ESRB copies if an ESRB version came out, but that hasn't happened for any that I own yet. The multi-language covers, as much as I hate them, aren't enough for me to swap.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:46 pm

I dont realy care a lot of times I prefer the ebnglish version over the dutch version if possible.

its a bit different with consoles who have a regionlock but for the 3ds for example I have about 20 us 3ds games 10 or so arent exclusive but I can play them so I dont care.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Rhetorical » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:58 pm

I do not care what rating i have on the front most of the time.
If i want the game, it is complete on cart or disc and is uncensored the region on the box does not matter.
Unless the game has many DLC's, that is about the only time i care about region, i like to keep my huge download library on one account and therefore one region.
Having English language option is almost always a must.

My collection has mostly UK game but there are still many Japanese, American, Asian, Chinese, German, Italien etc in the mix
Rhetorical
Physical Champion

Postby dunno001 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:36 am

Not terribly, except for Vita. I’m going for a full US set, and then will work on the non-US titles later. (Though I do try to keep up on the limited edition EU and Asian releases.) But if I happen to get a deal on a PEGI PS4 game, I'd get that instead of a US version. Just as long as it was in English, that is... otherwise I will insist on a US copy. Games that never get released in English... well... I can try to muddle through them in Japanese.
dunno001
Physical Champion

Postby kazumn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:51 am

I meanly collect japanese retro games, so i'd say anything before ps3/360/wii i would go after the ntsc-j version. I do have an awful lot of japanese 360 games tough, meanly the exclusives but that's not the point.

with modern stuff I just buy the games if they are avaible in my region and if not i'll just import them if i really want them if they aren't avaible in europe.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby panzermanathod » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:26 am

Typically most games I get are available in my region. As of right now the only games I have that aren't in my region are Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition, Einhander (japanese copy), and Rival Schools 2 (japanese copy, and no, not Project Justice).

I did want to get Sword of Etheria but I didn't know what region to get it from because I don't know how the language options are.
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan

Return to Collecting