• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun May 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Is anyone else here collecting systems?

I mean the same systems but different models colors etc.

like for example with the vita the blue one the red one the black one etc.

I know soera does it for ps4 but is anyone else doing it for certain systems?

and also what is the one you want mostly

you can name 1 thats decently possible and 1 that your unlikely to ever have due to price rarity etc.

for me the possible one is the red ds phat. its the only one I am missing to own all non special edition versions of the ds phat.

the unlikely one for me is a pokemon worlds nintendo ds.

I have seen the red ds phat once but my feeling told me something wasnt right even though I couldnt exactly pull my finger on it I had a feeling it was reshelled
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Soera » Sun May 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Im still missing one that I want : https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/842789474673348609 I have not seen one for sale on Ebay ever.
Soera
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon May 20, 2019 3:57 am

probatly because its from china I doubt china even has ebay since its a communist country

I still hope you get it someday:)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:32 am

fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby kazumn » Mon May 20, 2019 9:12 am

I collect game systems but only for the consoles i'm really into.

I've got every version of the neo geo cd, got every japanese limited edion of the game gear, working on getting every neo geo pocket aswell have about 15 orso so far. Japanese saturn i have a bunch of different versions, japanese gamecube i also want to complete at some point. I've got the 4 different limited editions of the og xbox that were released in japan. man it never ends.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby kazumn » Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 am

this is the only picture i could find on my computer maybe i should take some new ones it's just such a pain to drag it all out,

i completed my japanese game gear game set a couple years ago, here are the systems i have, all the japanese limited editions are present, i've added a cib launch model since this picture was taken but you get the idea, now that i think off it i have another yellow one :lol: :

kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon May 20, 2019 9:56 am

yeah it is a pain to drag it out but it looks so amazing
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am

The closest I've gotten to collecting systems is getting 3DS from different regions. I have:

Aqua Blue (NA - launch)
Cosmos Black (PAL)
Mysty Pink (JP)
New 2DS XL Black & Turquoise (NA)

But that was just so I could collect and play games from different regions. There are also Chinese, Hong Kong/Taiwanese, and South Korean 3DS with their own regions, I believe, but I don't know of any physically exclusive games for any of those. I suppose if I find out about some, I'll go hunting for those as well. 8-)

I'm still considering getting a Game Gear. If I do, I like the red Coca-Cola and Rayearth consoles, and am interested in those games as well, so I'd go for one of those systems.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon May 20, 2019 2:54 pm

good luck gamegears are hard to find working let alone those special editions

I hope you find them and I hope cheap
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Tue May 21, 2019 11:29 am

alright everyone wish me a crapload of luck to win this

https://www.budgetgaming.nl/nieuws/5968 ... e.html#new

its a dutch site but you can see the price a special ps4 only 18 in the world and its 1 of the most awesome systems I ever saw. I would realy like to win this and show it of in a display case it looks too good to play on it.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue May 21, 2019 9:38 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:alright everyone wish me a crapload of luck to win this

https://www.budgetgaming.nl/nieuws/5968 ... e.html#new

its a dutch site but you can see the price a special ps4 only 18 in the world and its 1 of the most awesome systems I ever saw. I would realy like to win this and show it of in a display case it looks too good to play on it.

Soera is gonna want that, too, but...

BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 am

wel I wish him good luck there are only 18 worldwide 2 in the netherlands this is 1 of them

if I win this I wont sell it I wont use it either but this would be amazing to put in a display case in my game room
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm still considering getting a Game Gear. If I do, I like the red Coca-Cola and Rayearth consoles, and am interested in those games as well, so I'd go for one of those systems.

I cant speak for the special edition Japanese version models, but do yourself a favor and get the "Core" model GameGear systems. They were sold by Majesco in the late 90s in the US as the distributor instead of Sega, along with repackaging of older titles in new boxes. The Core systems, being manufactured later, actually have better components in them. Most "original" model GG systems need repairs, their screen and speakers go on them, but the Core model was build to last. I got my mine from the retail chain Ames in the late-90s and it still works just as good as it did back then, unlike the original models.

If you get the system boxed, it will say CORE on it, but another unique way to tell the difference between the two models is to look at the Sega logo on the screen. On the original model, it says Sega with three little ovals underneath it, each one colored a different color, thats one of the original models. On the Core version, the ovals are all the same color. I cant say for sure that difference is on EVERY Core system, but thats the difference I know between my working core and my in-need-of-repair older model ones.

I want to say that maybe the Coca-Cola Japanese model GG may be of the improved hardware quality. I think Sega rebranded the GG in its later years as the "Kidgear" or something, marketed towards a younger audience at around the time that version released with that system kind of leading the rebranding or something. I don't know if that means the actual hardware was also revised or not, I kind of think the Core system may have been something only done in North America and maybe Brazil.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed May 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Dr. Robotnik wrote:

I cant speak for the special edition Japanese version models, but do yourself a favor and get the "Core" model GameGear systems. They were sold by Majesco in the late 90s in the US as the distributor instead of Sega, along with repackaging of older titles in new boxes. The Core systems, being manufactured later, actually have better components in them. Most "original" model GG systems need repairs, their screen and speakers go on them, but the Core model was build to last. I got my mine from the retail chain Ames in the late-90s and it still works just as good as it did back then, unlike the original models.

If you get the system boxed, it will say CORE on it, but another unique way to tell the difference between the two models is to look at the Sega logo on the screen. On the original model, it says Sega with three little ovals underneath it, each one colored a different color, thats one of the original models. On the Core version, the ovals are all the same color. I cant say for sure that difference is on EVERY Core system, but thats the difference I know between my working core and my in-need-of-repair older model ones.

I want to say that maybe the Coca-Cola Japanese model GG may be of the improved hardware quality. I think Sega rebranded the GG in its later years as the "Kidgear" or something, marketed towards a younger audience at around the time that version released with that system kind of leading the rebranding or something. I don't know if that means the actual hardware was also revised or not, I kind of think the Core system may have been something only done in North America and maybe Brazil.

Thanks for the tip!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Thu May 23, 2019 8:49 am

I have an original Sega model and the Majesco re-release. All of the descriptors that Dr. Robotnik listed are accurate to my systems as well. That said, I was unaware that the Majesco model was made with better components. I guess it makes sense based on how much later it came out versus the original, but it's still new information to me. Thanks, Eggman!
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby sandikosh » Mon May 27, 2019 6:48 am

Soera wrote:Im still missing one that I want : https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/842789474673348609 I have not seen one for sale on Ebay ever.

Get prepared to shell out another $300. Sony maybe releasing a 2019 Edition of Days Of Play PS4 console in the coming weeks. The SKU listing for it showed up in our system a week ago. It's a 1TB console, color is not known at this time.
sandikosh
Physical Warrior

Postby fgsfds100 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:53 am

It's probably this: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/da ... station-4/

Also 500th post!
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby 315retro » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:17 pm

I tend to keep any boxes system I come across if it's a variant of one I don't already have.

I have 3 or 4 DS lites because I find them frequently for like $5, so I'm trying to get a bunch of colors of those.

I have a Genesis 1 2 and 3.

I have a black boxed wii and 2 white variants. I'd like to eventually get the blue and red ones too but I haven't come across any.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:45 pm

I guess that new PS4 SKU going up is a non-pro version?
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:50 am

I didnt win it:(

whats worse the person who did win was someone who put no effort in his answer and didnt even keep to the rules yet stil won
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:21 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:I didnt win it:(

whats worse the person who did win was someone who put no effort in his answer and didnt even keep to the rules yet stil won

That's lame. If they didn't follow the rules they shouldn't have won.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:50 pm

yeah you had to describe what pet you would take he thought one up it didnt excist:(
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 am

Diden't really want to post it in the pick up topic, since this one is more suited for it :

as off this weekend i have the "new" neo geo pocket full set, i had 5 of them for the longest time now it's complete. also pictured are the 3 different aruze packs, very happy to have these in mint condition. Now i'll try and grab the remaining versions of the b/w and first generation color i'm missing to complete it 100%.

kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 am

An absolute madman.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:58 pm

holy shit NICE man realy impressive.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:35 am

Very cool, kazumn!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:40 am

Very cool indeed, that's an awesome set.
Fries
Forum Mod

Return to Collecting