• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby fgsfds100 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:06 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:What does "dyed in the wool" mean?

Having been completely and totally into something for the long term.

Imagine that Tekkaman is a a wool sweater. His wool fibers were dyed "anime" color long ago and the color is not fading at all.
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am

fgsfds100 wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:What does "dyed in the wool" mean?

Having been completely and totally into something for the long term.

Imagine that Tekkaman is a a wool sweater. His wool fibers were dyed "anime" color long ago and the color is not fading at all.

Gotcha. Never heard the phrase until now.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:08 am

Ten Thousand
Saying 'what kind of an idiot doesn't know about the Yellowstone supervolcano' is so much more boring than telling someone about the Yellowstone supervolcano for the first time.

https://xkcd.com/1053/
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:52 pm

dat booty tho

nice-booty.jpg
nice-booty.jpg (227.01 KiB) Viewed 1855 times

nice-booty2.jpg
nice-booty2.jpg (387.27 KiB) Viewed 1855 times

Confirmed each of the four 4-card packs had a different one in gold. One of the two white cards is gold as well.
The Shantae LP is in the plain brown box under everything. I'll be leaving it in there for the time being.

Now get after it with a Risky booty bundle already, LRG!
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:02 pm

Dr. Robotnik wrote:I soooooo wish I had backed the movie Kickstarter to get the Bluth autographed blu-ray copies of the three games.

You and me both!

Dr. Robotnik wrote:[Time Gal] actually shows up as a playable character in Castle of Shikigami III on the Wii which I thought was an awesome, random-ass addition.

I wasn't familiar with this game, so I decided to look it up. It's an interesting piece of trivia, no doubt, but considering the high price and the fact that I hate shmups, I think I will give it a pass. Plus, the redesign of the character makes her nearly unrecognizable to her original, iconic look. I am curious why they did that and why they included her to begin with.

Since we're on the subject, here's another Time Gal cameo; Reika is available as a free DLC character in Elevator Action Deluxe on the PS3. It's a download-only title, but I got it dirt cheap during a Flash Sale partly because of her inclusion and also because I've always loved Elevator Action on the NES. The original game is also included, so it's not a bad package altogether.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:28 pm

I know it's always better with pics but I just got a new phone and got back from a trip without fully unpacking (including my phone cable), so I'm going the lazy route and just writing this time. I had a few days' worth of mail waiting for me and I got 3 games over the weekend:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon PS4: Awesome game (I hear...haven't actually played it yet). This was a huge game for LRG, and I can't wait to play it.

Lone Wolf Switch: My first SRG2 purchase. I've never read the books, but Choose Your Own Adventure is a staple from my childhood so I expect I'll enjoy this.

Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre: I only heard about this recently, and it's apparently gotten rare unless you buy it straight from the museum in France. But, I found it new on the French Amazon site for cheap, although it's the French language version. That's fine, though. I just wanted this quirky thing for the collection. If I ever visit the Louvre, I will make it a point to bring my 3ds and this "game" to enhance my experience!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Wed May 01, 2019 3:15 am

BuraddoRun wrote:I know it's always better with pics but I just got a new phone and got back from a trip without fully unpacking (including my phone cable), so I'm going the lazy route and just writing this time. I had a few days' worth of mail waiting for me and I got 3 games over the weekend:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon PS4: Awesome game (I hear...haven't actually played it yet). This was a huge game for LRG, and I can't wait to play it.

Lone Wolf Switch: My first SRG2 purchase. I've never read the books, but Choose Your Own Adventure is a staple from my childhood so I expect I'll enjoy this.

Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre: I only heard about this recently, and it's apparently gotten rare unless you buy it straight from the museum in France. But, I found it new on the French Amazon site for cheap, although it's the French language version. That's fine, though. I just wanted this quirky thing for the collection. If I ever visit the Louvre, I will make it a point to bring my 3ds and this "game" to enhance my experience!
im still looking for that louvrew thing myself for years:(
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Wed May 01, 2019 3:44 am

While not as interesting as the retro stuff, here is all the modern crap i've picked up from last month (and i forgot to include ghoulboy and sword and fairy ) :

kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby Tekkaman » Wed May 01, 2019 11:29 am

Nice haul, kazumn! You'd better watch out with My Time at Portia. I backed their Kickstarter campaign, so I've had the game since before launch and I have lost so many hours to it! You might never be seen or heard from again if you're not careful. :lol:
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Wed May 01, 2019 11:40 am

my lrg final hold order just arrived

too bad the cards in the blindboxxes including the gold one damaged while removing it:(

but here is what I got

neurovoider
king of fighters
iconoclast
iconoclast ce (for my friend who couldnt make it at the time)
fernz gate
protheus
spelunky
chronus arc
bloodstained curse of the moon
pink ps vita pouch (used my points for that one)

in my blindboxxes I had 5 games 1 was a great pull the rest among my least favorite ones in the entire collection:(

windjammers
factotem 90
home
claire extended cut
salt and sanctuary

my factotem is opened so I will swap that out for a sealed one

and those blind box games will be sold since I have no use for them

edit: those 4 blindbox games are already sold only salt and sanctuairy left
Last edited by mr. Hyde on Wed May 01, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Wed May 01, 2019 11:49 am

Tekkaman wrote:Nice haul, kazumn! You'd better watch out with My Time at Portia. I backed their Kickstarter campaign, so I've had the game since before launch and I have lost so many hours to it! You might never be seen or heard from again if you're not careful. :lol:

Haha, yeah i really wanted to play that one, love me some life simulation games, currently about 15 hours in and it feels like i haven't touched the surface yet. The map is really big for such a type of game, also it doesen't hold your hand too much and have to figure stuff out yourself.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby Tekkaman » Wed May 01, 2019 1:54 pm

kazumn wrote:also it doesn't hold your hand too much and have to figure stuff out yourself.

Yes! Mostly a good thing, but sometimes bad. Did you know there is a trophy/achievement for building all five of the cars? Even with all of my supplies in order, I was only able to construct two of them! You would have had to be planning that from the first hour to have the necessary resources to build all five cars in the required time. With how much there is to do in this game, I am honestly not sure I am going to start over in an attempt to get the achievements I missed. It's so much of a time sink as it is.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby Fries » Sun May 05, 2019 8:50 am

Here are all my pick-ups since December 11th; it has been awhile:
For larger versions of these pictures, take a look at the Imgur album.

The PSVR collection continues to grow! This is definitely the most it has increased in the shortest span of time, mostly thanks to winning Perp's Complete Collection Box, containing all 19 of their releases from 2017-2018. The Thumper and Déraciné CEs are also cool highlights.

Outside of the VR space I was able to get an assortment of other titles. Some anime PSP UMDs for a side collection, a Dreamcast homebrew and N64 English repro, more Vita games as their production starts to come to a close, and my first and currently only Switch game!

--
However, this is my favorite item of the bunch:

For my birthday, MYKUL77 sent me this 'bootleg' LRG forum merch, including a Fries trading card in a full set of thirteen. The production value on everything included is just fantastic. To start, the PS4 case and the trading cards were shrink wrapped. Additionally, there are special LRG stickers to up the presentation, a slipcover was included for the PS4 case, the back of the PS4 case itself is personalized, and there are printed/pressed glitter elements on the postcard and trading card holder. It's a really special memento to be gifted, one that will always be a part of my collection to remind me of my time on the forum and within this community.

Thank you again MYKUL77, I really do appreciate this very much.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 am

wow mykull realy went all out

yeah he is an amazing guy did more for me then I could ever repay such an amazing guy

if there was ever a special title for honereble forum member he would be my pick for sure
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Sun May 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Fries wrote:Here are all my pick-ups since December 11th...

...N64 English repro...

However, this is my favorite item of the bunch:

Agreed. MYKUL77's creativity, care, kindness, and humor are all memorialized along with the fun and friendships we've had on this forum in that special birthday Collector's Edition. It's very, very cool!

So you have a Wonder Project J2 English repro? That's pretty awesome! If you play through it anytime soon, let me know what you think of the game. I imported it when I had a N64 (and bought it sometime last year again, just for the collection) and played up to 96% I think? Or maybe 98%. The point is, I got 1 event away from getting to the endgame, and couldn't figure out what to do. Of course this was before the internet was as big as it is now, so I didn't have the resources to get help with my playthrough. I got that far without a guide, without understanding Japanese, and got stuck. I had a lot of fun with the game though. Hopefully one of these days I'll play through it, either on an emulator, re-release, or the original hardware if I ever pick up a N64 again.

Congratulations on the pickups! That's a lot of cool stuff!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Man, that's cool! Nice detail.

Also, I know you aren't going to do anything with those Vita games. I'll help you to ease that burden. :lol:
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Fries » Sun May 05, 2019 7:14 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:yeah he is an amazing guy did more for me then I could ever repay such an amazing guy

MYKUL77 really does a lot for members of this community, even more behind the scenes.

BuraddoRun wrote:So you have a Wonder Project J2 English repro? That's pretty awesome! If you play through it anytime soon, let me know what you think of the game. I imported it when I had a N64 (and bought it sometime last year again, just for the collection) and played up to 96% I think? Or maybe 98%. The point is, I got 1 event away from getting to the endgame, and couldn't figure out what to do. Of course this was before the internet was as big as it is now, so I didn't have the resources to get help with my playthrough. I got that far without a guide, without understanding Japanese, and got stuck. I had a lot of fun with the game though. Hopefully one of these days I'll play through it, either on an emulator, re-release, or the original hardware if I ever pick up a N64 again.

Congratulations on the pickups! That's a lot of cool stuff!

I started it up upon getting it just to try it out and flip through the manual; it has a very unique art style for the N64, especially in an era where 3D graphics were being pushed so heavily. I'll let you know when I get to it, unfortunately it got bumped down the backlog since December with so many new releases dropping at once.

Best1989 wrote:Also, I know you aren't going to do anything with those Vita games. I'll help you to ease that burden. :lol:

Psh, I beat Iconoclasts just a couple weeks ago, and am gong through the one hit death mode now. Get outta here. :P
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby MYKUL77 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:17 pm

:lol: Haha! You guys are too nice! :D

It was just a fun little "arts and crafts" project. One I wouldn't have considered making if it weren't for the Awesome Members we have here! Thanks guys for your continued input on the Forums, even if I am a little more "behind the scenes". :oops:

Nice pick-ups Fries. It's pretty cool you won that Perp Games VR Box Set. Congrats! :D
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon May 06, 2019 5:18 pm

MYKUL77 wrote::lol: Haha! You guys are too nice! :D

It was just a fun little "arts and crafts" project. One I wouldn't have considered making if it weren't for the Awesome Members we have here! Thanks guys for your continued input on the Forums, even if I am a little more "behind the scenes". :oops:

Nice pick-ups Fries. It's pretty cool you won that Perp Games VR Box Set. Congrats! :D
nah YOU are too nice

we cant say that enough
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Fri May 10, 2019 11:37 am

Last couple of pickups:

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby Best1989 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 pm

What arrived today:

Some NGPC games, Shantae Switch CE, dat Elemental Gearbolt (only missing Raycrisis now), and TFIV OST in vinyl.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri May 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Best1989 wrote:What arrived today:

...dat Elemental Gearbolt (only missing Raycrisis now)...

Elemental Gearbolt is a great one! A friend and I bought it when it came out and played it a lot together. I remember there was some sort of contest, finding secret fairies or something, which I frustratingly never found. Fun times!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby kube00 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Recently Resident Evil 4 CE for GameCube its not in the best shape but its okay. Same guy also sold me Capcom vs SNK for the DC to replace my disk only copy and the spindle that holds the disk shattered...
Game is fine though

A few misc OG xbox games, Scarfare from a yard sale three weeks ago for a few $$, Tony Hawk Underground 2 and Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for xbox for an okay price. Didnt have too much luck the last few weeks at yard sales. Everyone else was after stuff

But today one yard sale that advertised games including DC and PS1 stuff. He had Lunar Silver Story for $70 and Grandia for $40. I snagged a PsONE with carrying case and LCD screen and 15 decent games including Castlevania SoTN, a few FF's, Twisted Metal 1 longbox, etc along with a VIta 2000 and PSTV for $125.
Co-Founder of http://www.the-gamers-lounge.com/
Former EIC of Goozernation.com
kube00
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Nice score! I've been considering picking a copy of SotN, but prices are all over the place.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Fries » Sat May 11, 2019 9:26 am

Got the top right release in the other day. I'm so done buying these games:
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby nosaveddata » Sun May 12, 2019 9:16 am

What's the difference with the top right one?
I'm still annoyed lrg released these games as single releases.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 am

nosaveddata wrote:What's the difference with the top right one?
my gues is a different trophy list
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby fgsfds100 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:47 am

By the looks of it, top left is 4 games in 1, top right is 3 of the same games (excluding the one with the bald doll which must be the one with the 18+ rating) in 1, bottom two each are single games and for US region, whereas the top two are Asian.

I vaguely remember talk about those here in the past... for the sake of VR collection completion?
fgsfds100
LRG Super Fan

Postby Fries » Sun May 12, 2019 1:24 pm

fgsfds100 wrote:

By the looks of it, top left is 4 games in 1, top right is 3 of the same games (excluding the one with the bald doll which must be the one with the 18+ rating) in 1, bottom two each are single games and for US region, whereas the top two are Asian.

I vaguely remember talk about those here in the past... for the sake of VR collection completion?

Nailed it on the head. The top left release is from Hong Kong and the top right from Korea. Despite being inferior with one fewer game included (and I believe only in Korean, while the Hong Kong version is multi-language), the latter is a unique release with "different" content on disc and necessary for a complete collection, along with the others. Should be the last time I have to buy any of these games, thankfully.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby nosaveddata » Sun May 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Fries wrote:
fgsfds100 wrote:

Nailed it on the head. The top left release is from Hong Kong and the top right from Korea. Despite being inferior with one fewer game included (and I believe only in Korean, while the Hong Kong version is multi-language), the latter is a unique release with "different" content on disc and necessary for a complete collection, along with the others. Should be the last time I have to buy any of these games, thankfully.

Not unless lrg release the rest of the compilation. The other two games suck. The doll one I finished that pretty quick
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Collecting