• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 pm

That's a nice selection of recent gets, Blinx!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks!

The Wonder Boy Returns CE is awesome. The box is amazingly well crafted! It's not simply cardboard. It's extremely sturdy, and flips open from the side with magnets to hold it shut.

The Rodea stuff is just the extras from the Limited/Collector's Edition (with original box included). I already had the game and got all that for $13. It's all still brand new too.

Battlefront II ended up being free since I got a refund for it not being as described (but still got to keep it). It had some scratching on it. Will probably get it resurfaced.

Hellblade I got for $21 straight from Microsoft online store.

Katamari Reroll is the Asian-English version which has no rating on it, and nice interior artwork. Got it over the US version since that one has nothing but plain white on the inside.

Shinobi is just the manual. A replacement for my original copy that got torn.

Then of course Spelunky and Axiom Verge are obvious.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:29 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:Thanks. The Wonder Boy box is amazingly well crafted! It's not simply cardboard. It's extremely sturdy, and flips open from the side with magnets to hold it shut.

The Rodea stuff is just the extras from the Limited/Collector's Edition (with original box included). I already had the game and got all that for $13. It's all still brand new too.

So many boxes are cheap and flimsy now that it's nice to hear when one is well-crafted. I almost bought Rodea for the 3DS but decided not to. You have it on Wii I'm guessing? Do you think the 3DS version is worth getting?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:35 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:Thanks. The Wonder Boy box is amazingly well crafted! It's not simply cardboard. It's extremely sturdy, and flips open from the side with magnets to hold it shut.

So many boxes are cheap and flimsy now that it's nice to hear when one is well-crafted. I almost bought Rodea for the 3DS but decided not to. You have it on Wii I'm guessing? Do you think the 3DS version is worth getting?

I got the Wii U version which came with the Wii version as well on a seperate disc.

I personally would skip the 3DS as I have heard it isnt too good. It's based off the Wii U version (which in itself isn't that great either and is a remake of the Wii version).

The Wii version is the one to play.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:

I got the Wii U version which came with the Wii version as well on a seperate disc.

I personally would skip the 3DS as I have heard it isnt too good. It's based off the Wii U version (which in itself isn't that great either and is a remake of the Wii version).

The Wii version is the one to play.

Yeah, that's what I heard that made me not buy it before. I don't own a Wii, so I guess I'll just skip this one. Thanks for the confirmation.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm

You don't have a Wii U either?

Used Wiis are really cheap too though.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby mr. Hyde » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:20 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:You don't have a Wii U either?

why would you get it though?

all good games are already on switch as well even though my stance on the switch is known I would rather get a switch for those games then the wiiu.

the wiiu has practickly no exclusives left and if the tablet dies you have nothing
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby kazumn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:51 am

I see an xbox one game that is nice, bet that will make shinoff's head spin. Bought quite a few xbone games myself this month.
Last edited by kazumn on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby kazumn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:55 am

mr. Hyde wrote:

all good games are already on switch as well even though my stance on the switch is known I would rather get a switch for those games then the wiiu.

the wiiu has practickly no exclusives left and if the tablet dies you have nothing

Wiiu is not sucked dry yet, you still got super mario 3d world left. Tokyo mirage sessions and xenoblade x are worth to grab aswell, zelda remastered games,etc.
kazumn
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:22 am

kazumn wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:

Wiiu is not sucked dry yet, you still got super mario 3d world left. Tokyo mirage sessions and xenoblade x are worth to grab aswell, zelda remastered games,etc.
pretty sure mario 3d world was comming to the switch as well

and getting a system for just 2 or 3 games is not something I would do
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:33 am

mr. Hyde wrote:
kazumn wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:

pretty sure mario 3d world was comming to the switch as well

and getting a system for just 2 or 3 games is not something I would do

Mauve bot you but other night. I infos i would ;)
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:22 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:

Wii U is backwards compatible. So if he had a Wii U he could still play the Wii version and other Wii games.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:36 pm

I don't. But that's OK. Neither Wii nor WiiU are high on my priority list right now. Rodea looked cool but I'd want the best version. Maybe in the future.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby blckman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:59 pm

Good morning everyone. So...here are my latest pick-ups. But you have to here this amazing story from this past Saturday, 04/20/19. Gamerealms posted they had gotten in Iconoclasts and Spelunky on Friday evening via twitter. So, I call them Saturday morning at 9:55a.m., just before they opened at 10:00a.m. They saved a copy of each game for me. Sweet....my wife and I got there at about 10:45a.m. I purchased the games when I could not get them online the day of the releases. I'm cool with that. I only live about fifteen minutes on the freeway from Pasadena, CA to Burbank,CA. It's a blessing to be that close and LRG has a partnership with them. And you if you ever get the opportunity to come to Southern California you have to go to two game stores: Gamerealms in Burbank and Gamedude in North Hollywood.

Here comes the real treat. It's only about three customers in the store because Gamerealms just opened. A guy has a bag and we just started talking about LRG. Not knowing why he has a bag in the store with something in it. I asked him was he looking for games. He stated he came in to try and sell his Playstation TV. I was like what...I've been wanting one forever. He wanted $50.00 for it. I ran across the street to a 7-Eleven store and withdrew the cash and gave it to him. The PSTV was in pristine condition and he included the power cord, an HDMI cable(didn't need that), and the greatest gift was there was a 16GB Vita memory card included. It looked brand new. He even talked about how it has not been updated to 3.60 and you can do a hack to it. What a find and blessing. Yes....I mean being at the right place at the right time can happen to anyone. Just an awesome haul. If I can't get the games on the day they release from LRG, then Gamerealms will get the releases sooner or later. I was really looking at the Oddword Vita collector's set and that Dragon's Lair PS4 CE just to have them. I mean, many of the Iconoclasts and Spelunky Vita's was just sitting thereon the shelf. Along with a host of many other LRGs. Again, collecting dust. Another heck of a find. Happy gaming everyone. See you on discord and in the chat.
Attachments
rsz_1pick-ups.jpg
rsz_1pick-ups.jpg (888.75 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:27 pm

blckman wrote:Good morning everyone. So...here are my latest pick-ups. But you have to here this amazing story from this past Saturday, 04/20/19. Gamerealms posted they had gotten in Iconoclasts and Spelunky on Friday evening via twitter. So, I call them Saturday morning at 9:55a.m., just before they opened at 10:00a.m. They saved a copy of each game for me. Sweet....my wife and I got there at about 10:45a.m. I purchased the games when I could not get them online the day of the releases. I'm cool with that. I only live about fifteen minutes on the freeway from Pasadena, CA to Burbank,CA. It's a blessing to be that close and LRG has a partnership with them. And you if you ever get the opportunity to come to Southern California you have to go to two game stores: Gamerealms in Burbank and Gamedude in North Hollywood.

Here comes the real treat. It's only about three customers in the store because Gamerealms just opened. A guy has a bag and we just started talking about LRG. Not knowing why he has a bag in the store with something in it. I asked him was he looking for games. He stated he came in to try and sell his Playstation TV. I was like what...I've been wanting one forever. He wanted $50.00 for it. I ran across the street to a 7-Eleven store and withdrew the cash and gave it to him. The PSTV was in pristine condition and he included the power cord, an HDMI cable(didn't need that), and the greatest gift was there was a 16GB Vita memory card included. It looked brand new. He even talked about how it has not been updated to 3.60 and you can do a hack to it. What a find and blessing. Yes....I mean being at the right place at the right time can happen to anyone. Just an awesome haul. If I can't get the games on the day they release from LRG, then Gamerealms will get the releases sooner or later. I was really looking at the Oddword Vita collector's set and that Dragon's Lair PS4 CE just to have them. I mean, many of the Iconoclasts and Spelunky Vita's was just sitting thereon the shelf. Along with a host of many other LRGs. Again, collecting dust. Another heck of a find. Happy gaming everyone. See you on discord and in the chat.
good to hear but how was the storewith you buying the vita tv from him in their store?

most stores would be mad about that and I think they have a good reason as well.

still cool you got it though I hope you will use it well.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:17 pm

Some good stuff there, man. That Darkest Dungeon CE is bigger than what I expected.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby blckman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:44 pm

mr. Hyde wrote:
blckman wrote:Good morning everyone. So...here are my latest pick-ups. But you have to here this amazing story from this past Saturday, 04/20/19. Gamerealms posted they had gotten in Iconoclasts and Spelunky on Friday evening via twitter. So, I call them Saturday morning at 9:55a.m., just before they opened at 10:00a.m. They saved a copy of each game for me. Sweet....my wife and I got there at about 10:45a.m. I purchased the games when I could not get them online the day of the releases. I'm cool with that. I only live about fifteen minutes on the freeway from Pasadena, CA to Burbank,CA. It's a blessing to be that close and LRG has a partnership with them. And you if you ever get the opportunity to come to Southern California you have to go to two game stores: Gamerealms in Burbank and Gamedude in North Hollywood.

good to hear but how was the storewith you buying the vita tv from him in their store?

most stores would be mad about that and I think they have a good reason as well.

Good call Mr. Hyde. I was going to say that after I purchased the PSTV the Game realms representative would not accept the unit unless the PS3 controller came with it. In addition, the guy that sold it to me said that the would have only given him $25 for the unit anyway. Man...a used one online goes for about $100+. The giy kept the unit in good shape. Not a scratch is on my unit. It's like brand new.
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:53 pm

blckman wrote:
mr. Hyde wrote:

Good call Mr. Hyde. I was going to say that after I purchased the PSTV the Game realms representative would not accept the unit unless the PS3 controller came with it. In addition, the guy that sold it to me said that the would have only given him $25 for the unit anyway. Man...a used one online goes for about $100+. The giy kept the unit in good shape. Not a scratch is on my unit. It's like brand new.
nice to hear I have 2 of those bad boys and they are pretty nice:)
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby blckman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Best1989 wrote:Some good stuff there, man. That Darkest Dungeon CE is bigger than what I expected.

I know right...It is fine remarkable set for only about $55 U.S. dollars. I think that probably one of the best CE is yet to come. That Hollow Knight that will ship soon from Fangamer.com soon is unbelievable for the price as well. I got the PC version and there is so much in that beautiful white box. To me, it puts the indie box version to shame. Can't wait to receive it.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/hollo ... ition-game
Last edited by blckman on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby Best1989 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:59 pm

I need to track a PSTV down. I slept on it when it was cheaper :roll: Hopefully I'll find a good price locally.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby mr. Hyde » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Best1989 wrote:I need to track a PSTV down. I slept on it when it was cheaper :roll: Hopefully I'll find a good price locally.
I tried to get more back then but I am hapy to get the 2 I got even though the boxxes dont look that good anymore.
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tekkaman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:35 pm

No pictures for this post as I haven't actually received it in the mail yet, but I managed to get a copy of the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Classic Edition on eBay for just under $87 (shipping included). This was the one game that I completely missed when it was originally on sale here. The CE sold out while I was stuck in that infernal queue and the standard sold out before I could update my cart. I am so relieved to be able to add this to my collection for such a reasonable price.

I used to have the...unique...port of the first game for Commodore 64 and I have a vivid memory of playing the second game in the lobby of a movie theater when I was very young. I had no idea how to play and I burned through two dollars in almost as many minutes, but I was amazed at the idea of "controlling" a cartoon. I have had a soft-spot for FMV games ever since. Missing out on LRG's release was heart-breaking. I can't wait to finally hold it in my hands later this week.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby mr. Hyde » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:47 pm

at the flea market today for 3 bucks total boxxes are decent condition and the first game is missing the cover but the discs look great all for ps1

Destrega
nightmare creatures 2
ape escape
street fighter alpha 3
Image Image
mr. Hyde
Ultimate Fan

Postby blckman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:01 pm

Tekkaman wrote:No pictures for this post as I haven't actually received it in the mail yet, but I managed to get a copy of the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Classic Edition on eBay for just under $87 (shipping included). This was the one game that I completely missed when it was originally on sale here. The CE sold out while I was stuck in that infernal queue and the standard sold out before I could update my cart. I am so relieved to be able to add this to my collection for such a reasonable price.

I used to have the...unique...port of the first game for Commodore 64 and I have a vivid memory of playing the second game in the lobby of a movie theater when I was very young. I had no idea how to play and I burned through two dollars in almost as many minutes, but I was amazed at the idea of "controlling" a cartoon. I have had a soft-spot for FMV games ever since. Missing out on LRG's release was heart-breaking. I can't wait to finally hold it in my hands later this week.

I have to agree Tekkaman. I have the 3DO version of Dragon's Lair and the now very hard to come by HD-DVD version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragons-Lair-H ... Sw-PFagLw~

I go back a ways and was thinking of the Amiga version when I first fell in love the with FMV games. The one game that still stands out to me is Brain Dead 13. Love it better than Dragon's Lair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS3a3NaEu1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq7BTvSulZs
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby Tiger-kai » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:04 am

Tekkaman wrote:No pictures for this post as I haven't actually received it in the mail yet, but I managed to get a copy of the Dragon's Lair Trilogy Classic Edition on eBay for just under $87 (shipping included). This was the one game that I completely missed when it was originally on sale here. The CE sold out while I was stuck in that infernal queue and the standard sold out before I could update my cart. I am so relieved to be able to add this to my collection for such a reasonable price.

The CE of Dragon's Lair trilogy was available for quite a while. The standard did sell out moderately fast though.
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby Tekkaman » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:38 pm

blckman wrote:I have to agree Tekkaman. I have the 3DO version of Dragon's Lair and the now very hard to come by HD-DVD version.

I have an old PC CD-ROM of the first game that I think I got for free with a disc drive cleaner or something. I also have the collection that was released on the Wii and the digital versions of all three games on PS3. Since I missed the Blu-Ray release (and never had an HD-DVD player), I really wanted to get the PS4 version to finally have the restored footage and the bonus features. The CE came in last night and it is glorious!

blckman wrote:I go back a ways and was thinking of the Amiga version when I first fell in love the with FMV games. The one game that still stands out to me is Brain Dead 13. Love it better than Dragon's Lair.

I will always have a soft spot for these games as I adore Don Bluth. My favorite FMV game, however, is probably Time Gal. The Sega CD is one of my favorite consoles and I was already a "dyed in the wool" anime fan, so that game just checked off so many boxes for me back then.

Tiger-kai wrote:The CE of Dragon's Lair trilogy was available for quite a while. The standard did sell out moderately fast though.

That is not how I remember it. I am not saying you are wrong, though. The short version of the story is that I missed it and that was a huge bummer. I am glad to have that rectified now without destroying my wallet.
Tekkaman
LRG Super Fan

Postby Tiger-kai » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 pm

Yeah, it was the one where they got the weight wrong so the shipping came to almost 50 bucks for me so I went with the standard. Couldn't be bothered to mess around canceling my standard. Anyway, glad you got it for your collection. I just played through all the games in it and loved it! Got all the trophies too but it's not particularly hard.
Tiger-kai
Physical Champion

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:07 pm

Since I missed the Blu-Ray release

I soooooo wish I had backed the movie Kickstarter to get the Bluth autographed blu-ray copies of the three games.

however, is probably Time Gal.

One of my favorites as well. She actually shows up as a playable character in Castle of Shikigami III on the Wii which I thought was an awesome, random-ass addition.

A Fork In the Tale is another FMV goodie I always enjoyed. Even has Rob Schneider voicing the main character and his lordliness gracing the cover.

Brain Dead 13 also gets a special place in my heart. Fritz is probably in my top 20 favorite game characters somewhere.

I need to still grab a copy of Fox Hunt some day. PS1 version always alluded me due to its price, but the PC version is pretty cheap.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Tekkaman wrote:I will always have a soft spot for these games as I adore Don Bluth. My favorite FMV game, however, is probably Time Gal. The Sega CD is one of my favorite consoles and I was already a "dyed in the wool" anime fan, so that game just checked off so many boxes for me back then.

I never owned a Sega CD, but Time Gal was a game I would have loved to own and play if I did. What does "dyed in the wool" mean?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Collecting