• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby nosaveddata » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:13 am

Just an idea I thought id share, I really like finding out about smaller games that have fell under the radar. I thought maybe we could highlight the upcoming indie physical releases upcoming and past to fellow members that didn't realise they were released.

These two games have just been released, unsure if released in other regions but I dont think so. Yeah not the most exciting games but Id like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

free photo uploading websites
Last edited by nosaveddata on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:38 am

Those covers tho
Last edited by Best1989 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby nosaveddata » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:19 am

Best1989 wrote:Those cover tho

Don't see why they couldn't fit fighting airport fires into the firefighting simulator lol oh well yeah those covers rock
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Jim Sterling 'reviewed' Firefighters a while ago and it looks terrible.
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby nosaveddata » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Hellblazer1138 wrote:Jim Sterling 'reviewed' Firefighters a while ago and it looks terrible.

Yeah Ive played a few UIG games and they weren't the greatest. The thread was hopefully to highlight some titles that are upcoming and hopefully catch on. :P
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:46 am

Hellblazer1138 wrote:Jim Sterling 'reviewed' Firefighters a while ago and it looks terrible.

For the record... I hate Jim Sterling.

Onto the topic though. This one had a physical release several years ago but it's a great game that I don't know how many people know about.

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby nosaveddata » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 am

Not sure who Jim Sterling is tbh lol yeah stick it to the man been meaning to grab this as heard good things. I'll post a few more this evening that people should give a try.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:18 am

I almost buy Stick It To The Man every time I walk into GameStop because it's so cheap but I never quite pull the trigger. I should take care of that eventually.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby nosaveddata » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 am

Frump wrote:I almost buy Stick It To The Man every time I walk into GameStop because it's so cheap but I never quite pull the trigger. I should take care of that eventually.

Yeah same for me, I see it all the time at my local game shop and something else always catches my attention.

I grabbed some soedesco games the other week, both aren't triple A titles but for what they are they are tons fun. Ziggurat is the pick for me an absolute gem, FPS dungeon crawler and with every time you play the game the levels are different so much fun.

upload full resolution photos

nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:56 am

I'm the only person in the world who seems to like The Girl and the Robot. It's not a brilliant game but I found it charming and fun, although it's REALLY short.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby nosaveddata » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Frump wrote:I'm the only person in the world who seems to like The Girl and the Robot. It's not a brilliant game but I found it charming and fun, although it's REALLY short.

I enjoy it too! I'm about halfway through so yeah enjoying it so far.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:40 pm

A game I have been wanting and recently picked up for PS4 (but cant review it due to not actually owning a PS4 yet), is Wuppo released by Sodesco.

Its a Metroidvania style game with a very cutsey/simplistic art style (some may compare it to Yoshi's Island, but I would say thats a bit of a stretch). Its apparently gotten great reviews and I didn't even know it was getting ported from PC to PS4, let a lone a physical release, till I randomly saw it out of the corner of my eye on the bottom shelf of new PS4 releases at GameStop, where it is apparently an exclusive, at least in the US.

I very rarely randomly pick up new releases on a whim unless they are on sale, but I had to grab it as soon as I saw it.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Would you guys say The Girl and the Robot is like ICO? It certainly looks like it to me.

Oh and 3 other great games worth mentioning are:

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
ABZU
Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:40 pm

nosaveddata wrote:Not sure who Jim Sterling is tbh lol yeah stick it to the man been meaning to grab this as heard good things. I'll post a few more this evening that people should give a try.

I'd never heard of him until today. Ironically, just a few minutes before reading this thread I read parts of the Caveman Warriors book that came in the game and right there on the first page they mention being surprised that Jim Sterling reviewed their game. :o But yeah, I clicked on that Firefighters review link and the first thing he said was "Hello you Chicken McF***s!" That's not a way to get me interested in what you want to say so I closed that tab. :lol:

So here's one that releases tomorrow in the U.S.:

It's a gothic/psychological horror point-and-click/cinematic adventure type game that is fully voiced. It's actually a remake of a PC game that came out over a decade ago. It looks interesting and I haven't heard much about it anywhere. I never played the PC game but I hear it was good.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
nosaveddata wrote:Not sure who Jim Sterling is tbh lol yeah stick it to the man been meaning to grab this as heard good things. I'll post a few more this evening that people should give a try.

I'd never heard of him until today. Ironically, just a few minutes before reading this thread I read parts of the Caveman Warriors book that came in the game and right there on the first page they mention being surprised that Jim Sterling reviewed their game. :o But yeah, I clicked on that Firefighters review link and the first thing he said was "Hello you Chicken McF***s!" That's not a way to get me interested in what you want to say so I closed that tab. :lol:

So here's one that releases tomorrow in the U.S.:

It's a gothic/psychological horror point-and-click/cinematic adventure type game that is fully voiced. It's actually a remake of a PC game that came out over a decade ago. It looks interesting and I haven't heard much about it anywhere. I never played the PC game but I hear it was good.

The pc game was actually a Trilogy of 3 games. You can get them drm free from GOG.com

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:I'd never heard of him until today. Ironically, just a few minutes before reading this thread I read parts of the Caveman Warriors book that came in the game and right there on the first page they mention being surprised that Jim Sterling reviewed their game. :o But yeah, I clicked on that Firefighters review link and the first thing he said was "Hello you Chicken McF***s!" That's not a way to get me interested in what you want to say so I closed that tab. :lol:

I'm not a huge fan of Jim but I do like the creative insults he comes up with at the beginning of a lot of his videos. :D
I will admit to loving his Duke Amiel Du H'ardcore videos.They make me laugh my ass off. Especially when people take them way too seriously.
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Jim is a guy who seems to make some really good points but his attitude is definitely off-putting. I don't regularly watch his stuff but once in a blue moon I'll click on his stuff.

BLINXERIZER wrote:The pc game was actually a Trilogy of 3 games. You can get them drm free from GOG.com

Any idea if the PS4 version a remake of all three smashed together or is it just the first one?

For an indie game that seems to have slipped through the cracks, I nominate The Invisible Hours.

It's a VR only title, which definitely limits its audience but I was fascinated by it. It's not really a "game," honestly, but more of an experimental play where you're the invisible audience and you can watch the play from any angle you want, follow characters around the house to see what they're doing, or just pause the story and explore the house to find letters and newspaper clippings that give more backstory.

I dunno, it just seems like a really cool idea that could be a future for interactive storytelling. It's a niche within a niche, since it's not really a game and it requires VR but it's just so darn unique that I love it. It was a completely blind buy and I couldn't have been more impressed with it.

The physical copy is a GameStop exclusive too, so it's another weirdo release like that.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 pm

Hellblazer1138 wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:I'd never heard of him until today. Ironically, just a few minutes before reading this thread I read parts of the Caveman Warriors book that came in the game and right there on the first page they mention being surprised that Jim Sterling reviewed their game. :o But yeah, I clicked on that Firefighters review link and the first thing he said was "Hello you Chicken McF***s!" That's not a way to get me interested in what you want to say so I closed that tab. :lol:

I'm not a huge fan of Jim but I do like the creative insults he comes up with at the beginning of a lot of his videos. :D
I will admit to loving his Duke Amiel Du H'ardcore videos.They make me laugh my ass off. Especially when people take them way too seriously.

Oh, he's THAT guy. OK, I have heard of him before in the sense that I watched a video you posted of his Duke Amiel Du H'ardcore once.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Izzyjosheff » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:15 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:Would you guys say The Girl and the Robot is like ICO? It certainly looks like it to me.

ABZU

I second brothers!

I know it sounds crazy but this game is in my top 10 favorite games of all time.. could even be in the top 5.

That game is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion.
Izzyjosheff
LRG Super Fan

Postby nosaveddata » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Izzyjosheff wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:Would you guys say The Girl and the Robot is like ICO? It certainly looks like it to me.

ABZU

I second brothers!

I know it sounds crazy but this game is in my top 10 favorite games of all time.. could even be in the top 5.

That game is an absolute masterpiece in my opinion.

Totally agree great game!
Last edited by nosaveddata on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby nosaveddata » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Liking some of the games people are posting, Black mirror and invisible hours are two games I wasn't aware of. My kids are getting a vr headset this Xmas courtesy of an uncle so I'll be looking to capitalise lol.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:44 am

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby JoeQ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Putty Squad

I have a weird fascination with this game. It looks terrible and has bad reviews, yet every time I see it I feel tempted to buy it...
JoeQ
LRG Super Fan

Postby Frump » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Putty Squad is a game out of time. It's very much an early 90s Amiga game with a new coat of paint but if you're into that kind of thing, it's worth a shot. The Vita version seems to be getting harder and harder to find, though with all of the stuff that flies all over the screen the PS4 version is probably the one to buy if you're going to try it.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:17 pm

Toki Tori 2+

Anyone played this? Just as with JoeQ, I haven't played it even though I picked it up a while back.
I just thought the mango-bird-thingy looked so sympathetic!
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby nosaveddata » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:02 pm

I've had my eye on toki tori and it seems to have creeped back up in price. Still waiting to grab it at a decent price.
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:15 am

FoP wrote:Toki Tori 2+

Anyone played this? Just as with JoeQ, I haven't played it even though I picked it up a while back.
I just thought the mango-bird-thingy looked so sympathetic!

Toki Tori 2 is great. I love the open nature of it and trying to figure out how to solve each puzzle.

I got the got the physical copy way back when it first released on Amazon.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby nosaveddata » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Another couple recent pickups I thought I'd highlight.

Sherlock Holmes I enjoyed some of the other games and this in my opinion is fantastic the best one yet. If you like these type of games grab it.

Dead synchronicity is a point and click haven't played much but so far decent. If point and click is your bag then I recommend.

nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan

Postby FoP » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:25 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:Toki Tori 2 is great. I love the open nature of it and trying to figure out how to solve each puzzle.
I got the got the physical copy way back when it first released on Amazon.

Glad to hear that my good-game-sense wasn't off there then! :D

nosaveddata wrote:Another couple recent pickups I thought I'd highlight.

Sherlock Holmes I enjoyed some of the other games and this in my opinion is fantastic the best one yet. If you like these type of games grab it.
Dead synchronicity is a point and click haven't played much but so far decent. If point and click is your bag then I recommend.

I've got both of these, haven't found time to play any of them though sadly.
But I DID play The Testament of Sherlock Holmes about a year ago and it was really good. Sure a little low-budget feeling from time to time but the puzzles and overall feeling of the game was great!
Dead Synchronicity seems very interesting too, though basically all I know about it is that the trophies in the game are all named after various more-or-less classic movies. Pretty cool theme to have for them. :D

But speaking of point&click, this genre really seems revived.
I know many here knows about and has bought Deponia:

Did you know there's also a sequel upcoming?:

It's a four-part series on PC so I really hope that all parts will hit PS4.
By then they'll surely get a really nice collection box and I'll damn myself that I picked them up individually! :?

When I preordered the Deponia sequel, I also ran across this game, which ALSO has its roots in the point and click genre. Or roots and roots, it really seems to be pretty much a traditional one:

So that really seems to be a genre making a big comeback. Along with 3D collectathon platformers (which basically I can only think of two that was really great - Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie) it's the genres I've missed most from the 90's.
FoP
Ultimate Fan

Postby JoeQ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Well, point'n'click adventure games never died, they've been going strong especially in Germany. Daedalic is republishing everything they can for PS4 it seems.
JoeQ
LRG Super Fan

Next

Return to Collecting