• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby blckman » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Picked up The Wire Blu-Ray series set on 11/17/17. Received an email from amazon.com that it went down 96% to $54.99. I walked over to Best Buy and I grabbed the last one in the front of the store. This is a very hard set to get at this price anywhere. The store representative said it was a great deal and has been flying off the shelves. Arguably one of the best television shows in the history of television. The writing is superb. I have the DVD set, but this one is 20 disc with all 60 episodes. And in Blu-ray as well. This never goes on sale until the holidays literally. Now it is back up in the $100+ range. Yeah...it is that expensive and I've seen it over $200+ easily. I only post in these forums now if it's something golden. I may check these forums now every two weeks as well. Just lost interest all together. This post should be put on highdefdigest.com or bluray.com where I am a great deal. However, it is in the "Other Latest Pick Ups" section on this site. Happy gaming everyone. Now back to some poker cash games tonight.
Attachments
The Wire.jpg
The Wire.jpg (136.22 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 am

Got Kong Skull Island on Blu-ray.

Don't have a picture to post cause I ordered it online and it won't even ship till Dec 4th.

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby BLINXERIZER » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Got the new Hellboy Funko Pop figure in the mail the other day. Got it for $6 brand new from Amazon.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby blckman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Just a gamestop exclusive Cuphead T-shirt. Sweet. Selling like hotcakes.

https://imgur.com/a/ynhF2
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby Fries » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:32 am

blckman wrote:Just a gamestop exclusive Cuphead T-shirt. Sweet. Selling like hotcakes.

https://imgur.com/a/ynhF2

Forget the shirt, that box alone is pretty cool.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby Best1989 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 am

That box is awesome!
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby MYKUL77 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:37 pm

Misfits Tickets.03.jpg
Misfits Tickets.03.jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 3013 times

Picked these up awhile ago, but tonight is the BIG Night! :D

Not sure if anyone here likes The MISFITS (Punk Rock Group) but tonight is 1 of only 2 shows with the original line-up - Can't Wait!

(Still trying to figure out how to post pics - so hopefully this came out alright. :lol:)

Me!.jpg
Me!.jpg (54.31 KiB) Viewed 3005 times

A Pic of Me all suited up and ready to go!
Always Repping the Limited Run gear! :lol:
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:24 pm

MYKUL77 wrote:
Misfits Tickets.03.jpg

Picked these up awhile ago, but tonight is the BIG Night! :D

Not sure if anyone here likes The MISFITS (Punk Rock Group) but tonight is 1 of only 2 shows with the original line-up - Can't Wait!

(Still trying to figure out how to post pics - so hopefully this came out alright. :lol:)

Me!.jpg

A Pic of Me all suited up and ready to go!
Always Repping the Limited Run gear! :lol:

I'm not much of a punk fan, personally, but that getup is sweet! I especially like that beard sneaking it's way down from under your mask! Enjoy the concert!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby zoiks66 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:25 pm

Ive been to 2 Misfits shows. Even though they were the Michale Graves lineup Misfits, both shows were great.
zoiks66
LRG Super Fan

Postby MYKUL77 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:50 am

BuraddoRun wrote:
I'm not much of a punk fan, personally, but that getup is sweet! I especially like that beard sneaking it's way down from under your mask! Enjoy the concert!

Thanks! The show was great, had a fabulous time!
The last concert I went to was THE MISFITS about 10 years ago! :lol:

zoiks66 wrote:Ive been to 2 Misfits shows. Even though they were the Michale Graves lineup Misfits, both shows were great.

Cool! - A fellow fiend!
I've seen the Graves line-up a couple of times myself! I always enjoyed those albums with him. :D
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:48 pm

I still listen to Misfits.
I've been to a few of their shows, all with Graves, but I think I was there to mostly see GWAR or whoever else they were playing with..
Never been a fan of Graves.
I've also been to a few Danzig shows too.
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 pm

Hellblazer1138 wrote:I've been to a few of their shows, all with Graves, but I think I was there to mostly see GWAR or whoever else they were playing with..

God damn, GWAR puts on such a good show. I've seen them twice, once with Odorous Urungus and then again during the first tour after his death. Both shows were just fantastic.

The Misfits are definitely cool too. I've never seen them live but listened to Legacy of Brutality a ton back in high school.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:58 am

This is the non-gaming stuff I've gotten recently. Real quick, the Hosoda Collection CE releases are great (this is my 2nd), check 'em out. Also, the book on the right is a 160 page guide for the Ghibli Museum, circa 2003. High quality pictures, diagrams, and detailed descriptions (in Japanese) throughout; highly recommended for any Ghibli fans.
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Fries wrote:Image
This is the non-gaming stuff I've gotten recently. Real quick, the Hosoda Collection CE releases are great (this is my 2nd), check 'em out. Also, the book on the right is a 160 page guide for the Ghibli Museum, circa 2003. High quality pictures, diagrams, and detailed descriptions (in Japanese) throughout; highly recommended for any Ghibli fans.

I've been wanting to watch In This Corner of the World. I haven't bought it yet, though.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby zoiks66 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 pm

I picked up this little girl on Saturday.
https://imgur.com/a/ixetH
zoiks66
LRG Super Fan

Postby Fries » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:57 pm

zoiks66 wrote:I picked up this little girl on Saturday.
https://imgur.com/a/ixetH

Gadget? That's a great name for a cat. Hope you two enjoy your time together. :)
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby BLINXERIZER » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Got this in the mail the other day. I won it in a Twitter contest. Never really heard of this series before but in the contest they had a few different ones you could choose from, and this looked pretty interesting. Haven't started reading it yet but I will soon.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:Got this in the mail the other day. I won it in a Twitter contest. Never really heard of this series before but in the contest they had a few different ones you could choose from, and this looked pretty interesting. Haven't started reading it yet but I will soon.

I don't know about the manga but if its anything like the anime series then it should be pretty good.
Parasyte the Maxim was one of my favorites from the last few years.
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Hellblazer1138 wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:Got this in the mail the other day. I won it in a Twitter contest. Never really heard of this series before but in the contest they had a few different ones you could choose from, and this looked pretty interesting. Haven't started reading it yet but I will soon.

I don't know about the manga but if its anything like the anime series then it should be pretty good.

I actually read a lot of the manga way back when Mixx Zine was around. I really enjoyed it! There's also a live-action movie that I've never seen.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Story time! You ever get one of those feelings that maybe you should go check a second-hand store, like maybe you just might find something and score? I just got back from watching A Quiet Place (decent movie; didn't love it, but it was worth a watch), and was going to go home, but I just had a feeling now might be a good time to go check out Half Price Books. I am trying not to spend too much money this week so I almost convinced myself not to go, but finally gave into my feeling. I went to the video game section and saw that they had some new stuff since I last visited. Excitedly, I looked through everything...and found nothing of interest (at least at the prices they were selling for). I was going to leave, disappointed, but then figured I'd glance through the comics. I almost never look through their collector's cases anymore, because they have been overpricing them for a few years now, trying to get eBay prices regardless of condition. But, I looked anyway and...

Score!

A key issue of Amazing Spider-Man, for only $5! This is the first appearance of Morbius, The Living Vampire. It's also apparently the first issue of Amazing Spider-Man that Stan Lee didn't write. And it has the six-armed Spider-Man, as you can see on the cover. Fun stuff! I'm not a professional comic grader, but I did work at a comic store years back, and I'd rate this as GD+ or GD/VG. The cover is detached at the staples, but it isn't torn and the comic is complete, all pages intact. The spine isn't rolled and the colors are nice. There is some chipping around the edges as you can see, but it's not horrible. I don't know the going Overstreet Price Guide values it at, but eBay has it for $60+. But anyhow, I'm happy! My comic collecting has dwindled these last few years, as I read just a handful of titles and don't bother with variants or anything modern much. But I do like to pick up the occasional older issue, especially key issues like this one!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:08 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
Hellblazer1138 wrote:

I actually read a lot of the manga way back when Mixx Zine was around. I really enjoyed it! There's also a live-action movie that I've never seen.

Yeah I noticed there was a movie. Definitely gonna check that out.

Join the LRG forums!
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby Gibb » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:57 pm

I just picked up a few "Black Diamond" Disney VHS tapes at a local Half Price Books. My wife and I are sort of kind of trying to complete a set of the Disney movies with the black diamond that says "The Classics" on the spine. Supposedly these versions of the movies are uncut/unedited. The Little Mermaid tape is the one that has the penis hidden in the castle artwork as well.

Anyway, I already have maybe 25 or 30 at home, but I just found the following:

101 Dalmations (Still shrink-wrapped with a sticker for a mail-in nabisco offer)
Peter Pan
Beauty and the Beast (already have 2 of this one, but this one has the proof of purchase, which is cool)
Bambi
Gibb
Physical Champion

Postby MYKUL77 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Gibb wrote:I just picked up a few "Black Diamond" Disney VHS tapes at a local Half Price Books. My wife and I are sort of kind of trying to complete a set of the Disney movies with the black diamond that says "The Classics" on the spine. Supposedly these versions of the movies are uncut/unedited. The Little Mermaid tape is the one that has the penis hidden in the castle artwork as well.

Anyway, I already have maybe 25 or 30 at home, but I just found the following:

101 Dalmations (Still shrink-wrapped with a sticker for a mail-in nabisco offer)
Peter Pan
Beauty and the Beast (already have 2 of this one, but this one has the proof of purchase, which is cool)
Bambi

That's funny, I've been doing some Spring Cleaning and I recently came across a box of Disney VHS tapes. There were 10 "Black Diamonds" in it and a few other Disney tapes.

101 Dalmations (x2)
Sleeping Beauty
The Rescuers
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid (x2)
Robin Hood
Alice in Wonderland
The Sword in the Stone

I've never really been into the Disney stuff, that's probably why they've been hiding away in that box in the garage. I'm not even sure where they came from! :lol:
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby Gibb » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm

MYKUL77 wrote:That's funny, I've been doing some Spring Cleaning and I recently came across a box of Disney VHS tapes. There were 10 "Black Diamonds" in it and a few other Disney tapes.

101 Dalmations (x2)
Sleeping Beauty
The Rescuers
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid (x2)
Robin Hood
Alice in Wonderland
The Sword in the Stone

I've never really been into the Disney stuff, that's probably why they've been hiding away in that box in the garage. I'm not even sure where they came from! :lol:

Very cool! I think I have all of those now, except maybe Sleeping Beauty (not positive). They're not worth a lot right now, but maybe in another 10 years or so they'll be worth something in decent shape, or as a full set. I've seen the Beauty and the Beast VHS tape sell for upwards of $50 a few times, but I think it's dropped in price again.
Gibb
Physical Champion

Postby blckman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:25 pm

I don't purchase too many movies anymore, but I had to have Molly's Game and these house brand Insignia(Best Buy personal brand) of wireless headphones for $39.99 are unbelievable. They have wonderful battery life and they are getting 4.5-5 stars rating on their site. I've owned about thirty headphones in my lifetime because I just love music. I listen to my Marketplace and gambling podcasts and my music while I'm playing poker or on my way to work on pubic transportation. The only issue with these headphones is that that driver size, i.e. 30mm, 40mm, and 50mm, are not advertised on the packaging or the product website information. Pairing is simple and the highs are crisp with no distortion. They absolutely are fantastic and the base is just right since I am a base heavy music listener. Just use an independent equalizer in the Android or Apple App store to alter your sound. Happy shopping everyone. Happy shopping everyone. https://imgur.com/a/9MxVZAA

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-n ... Id=5759922
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby Fries » Tue May 08, 2018 6:42 pm

I forgot to post this when I got it like a month ago. Figured I should make use of the PSVR's ability to play 3D Blu-rays:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society, one of the very few 3D anime available and one of the even fewer available in English (and also in Region 1/A so I can play it on my US PS4). Had to import this version from Hong Kong since the NA version isn't in 3D and the Japanese version doesn't have English subtitles.

Of course now this means I have to catch up with the rest of the franchise before I can actually watch it, since I've only seen the first movie. Wish me luck!
Fries
Forum Mod

Postby blckman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:20 pm

My wife and I picked up the Huawei Mate SE for $249.99 respectively. Ordered it this past Wednesday afternoon and it was at an amazon.com locker here in Pasadena, CA the very next morning, Thursday. Thank you so much amazon.com for having such a huge distribution center in Riverside,CA. Awesome. I absolutely love this phone and it is a beast for the price. Huawei does a wonderful job with quick updates as well. Updated the phone to the new Android Oreo OS in a jiffy. Just loving this phone. https://consumer.huawei.com/us/phones/mate-se/. Happy shopping everyone and time to head to Las Vegas tomorrow for the WSOP.
blckman
Physical Champion

Postby rjdeeme29 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:51 pm

My latest non gaming pickup! Took delivery last night.
NN ID: SW-5375-6550-4422
rjdeeme29
LRG Super Fan

Postby MYKUL77 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm

That's a Pretty Kitty! 8-)
MYKUL77
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:59 pm

rjdeeme29 wrote:My latest non gaming pickup! Took delivery last night.

Heh. Nice. 8-)
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Collecting