• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:55 pm

We have a topic for games, but I know that a lot of us collect a lot of cool non-gaming stuff as well, so here's a topic where we can show off those things! I got these bad boys (and girls) in today:

1. Momoiro Clover Z: Momoiro Christmas 2015 blu-ray set: Momoiro Clover is a J-pop idol group. They're pretty popular and have been all over various Japanese media. As far as video games, some of their songs have been in Just Dance and Taiko no Tatsujin, and they even had a thing where you could get their outfits or something in Animal Crossing. They did one of the Pokemon anime themes, did the ending song for the latest Dragon Ball Z movie, and did the opening and ending songs for Sailor Moon Crystal. I don't buy a whole lot of their concerts on blu-ray, but I do buy their CDs, and this set came with one so I ordered it. They put on good shows, though, so I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it.

mcz blu.jpg

2. And it came with stickers!

mcz stickers.jpg

3. Finally, I got a script for one of my favorite Japanese actor's movies: Godzilla! :lol: Specifically, this is for Godzilla VS Megaguirus

godzilla.jpg
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Got this blu-ray boxset early this week:
sentaiblubox.jpg

So, I almost pre-ordered this, but thought it would go down in price once released so decided to wait. Then it sold out before I could order, so I waited patiently for a restock. Once the restock arrived, the price went up. I bought it anyway, and literally after it arrived, Amazon.jp dropped the price! Arrggh! But I'm glad I got it.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Got some cool stuff in this week!

Anime blu-ray:

claymore.jpg

Claymore

basilisk.jpg

Basilisk

shinobi.jpg

Not an anime, but rather the live action version of Basilisk
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:36 pm

And I got some more Super Sentai goods:

art book.jpg

An art book showcasing the giant robot designs

book inside.jpg

A picture from inside the art book

bioman.jpg

Now THIS is a pretty cool little item. It's a script for the 2nd episode of Bioman, but you may notice there's some writing on the cover, including a little sketch. While I haven't 100% verified it, I am almost 100% sure that this script belonged to Tsutomu Kitagawa, who was one of the suit actors (Blue Three to be exact) in Bioman. The writing looks like his from what I've seen online, the place I purchased from has sold other scripts with his writing on them, and the JAC on there most likely stands for Japan Action Club, which was his Agency at the time. This guy has been an actor in MANY tokusatsu shows, and was even Godzilla in some of the Millenium movies!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Digit » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:15 am

Goddamn it. So good.

Go get Power Rangers RPM already, though!
Digit
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:44 am

Digit wrote:Goddamn it. So good.

Go get Power Rangers RPM already, though!

LOL! It's in my Netflix queue!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby 315retro » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:10 am

I always like these "last thing you bought" threads.

I don't really collect Legos or Megabloks but I love TMNT and Raph is my favorite turtle. They sold these at SDCC but I grabbed one from Toys R Us online. I'm not sure if they're exclusive, it doesn't say either way...but for $15 I don't care haha.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 am

315retro wrote:I always like these "last thing you bought" threads.

I don't really collect Legos or Megabloks but I love TMNT and Raph is my favorite turtle. They sold these at SDCC but I grabbed one from Toys R Us online. I'm not sure if they're exclusive, it doesn't say either way...but for $15 I don't care haha.

Nice! And finally someone posted a pick-up in this thread besides me. :lol:

When I was a kid I loved Legos. At some point I got sort of an elitist attitude and wouldn't settle for Tyco or any other "off-brand" building blocks. But nowadays there are some great competitors out there! If I was still building today I'm sure I'd pick up a lot of Mega Bloks stuff.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:32 pm

I got something very cool (tome at least) in earlier this week. Have any of you ever watched that old animated movie The Last Unicorn? It was a Rankin/Bass production, the same guys that did the old Hobbit/LOTR cartoons, Flight of Dragons (with James Earl Jones and the late John Ritter), and a whole bunch of Christmas shorts. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it! It has some superb voice-acting by some pretty darn famous folk (Mia Farrow, Christopher Lee, Jeff Bridges, Angela Lansbury, and others) and is beautifully animated. Oh yeah, and the soundtrack by America (band) and the London Philharmonic Orchestra. It really is just an awesome production all around. Anyway, I used to rent and watch that movie all the time when I was a kid. So when I found this animation cel from the climactic battle at the end of the movie, I had to bid on it (online auction)! I'm thankful to say I won, so here it is:

last unicorn.jpg

The various ruffles you see in the plastic are from the outer protective sleeve it's in, and not on the cel itself. Are you all familiar with how animation cels were used with old animated shows? Not to be confused with film cels, back in the old days (90s or maybe early 2000s and before), artists would draw each frame of an animated feature on paper. From that, they would place a transparent page of plastic over the artwork and trace the image onto that page. Then they would add color by applying paint to the plastic page, and that would complete the cel. They would also have painted backgrounds that they'd put the cels on top of to form the final image that would be placed in front of a camera for filming. In this case, I don't own the background for the cel. They would snap a picture of cel that would become an actual frame in the movie. String all of these frames together and you have fluid animation for a movie or show, much like a flipbook. It was a painstaking and time-consuming process, but made for some beautiful works, as you can see with old Disney movies, this Rankin/Bass animated stuff, some of Don Bluth's works (including the video game Dragon's Lair), etc. Nowadays most everyone uses CG because it's quicker and cheaper. Of course with quick & cheap you lose quality. I miss the old days of animation, and find it fun to collect animation cels because they are quite literally part of their productions.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Got a couple of new scripts. I really like collecting these! It seems a lot easier to get Japanese scripts for shows and movies than it does American ones. I know they do replication scripts, but I'm really only interested in the real deals, ones that were actually used on set. Some of these scripts have official studio stamps on them (a lot of Toei scripts do), and some are even numbered, though those numbers are often scratched out or blacked out when they hit the market. And there is usually more inside than just the script for the show or movie. Some have maps of the studio where they're being filmed, phone numbers for the production crew, scheduled times for when a particular group needs to appear, etc. A lot of them have writing inside, if they were genuinely used on set. And there are even different versions of scripts: advanced reader copies (might have a printed AR on the cover), final shooting scripts, and stuff in-between. It's just very interesting to me. Plus it's fun to try and read along while watching a show (though my Japanese is VERY limited :lol: ).

Changeman ep. 2:
changeman.jpg

Ultraman Tiga ep. 38:
tiga.jpg

And the lyrics for the opening theme song of Tiga inside the script! The ending theme is there as well, but the OP is very catchy IMO. Sing along with this Youtube link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CLVNIU_Iw
take me higher.jpg
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:55 pm

I got some manga to make me feel like a teenage girl and some fantasy to make me feel like a an epic hero.

HQ: http://imgur.com/q44bIdY
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Hmmm...should this thread be moved to Collecting maybe? But then, it's not gaming related so maybe it's best here in General? Hmmm....

OK, so first up I'll admit something goofy about myself: I like to dance. No, I'm not good, and I dance (in private) to silly Japanese songs because, well, I love Japanese music (mostly J-pop) and I really enjoy seeing those choreographed street dances a lot of the Japanese youth are doing nowadays, where they get in front of a camera in public places and just...dance! Plus it's good exercise. Anyhow, Garnidelia is a cool group that consists of 1 girl and 1 guy that have done songs for anime and other stuff. The vocalist, MARiA, has a beautiful voice and is an excellent dancer. I picked up the new single along with an older one, and it came with a poster (I haven't opened that yet). If you want to see her dance and hear the song, Gokuraku Jodo, check it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEULybZnLO8 . She's the one in the middle with purple hair. The other 2 are other popular dancers. The guy part of Garnidelia isn't in the video.

garnidelia.jpg

Next up is some more Momoclo goods: Blu-ray of a movie The Curtain Rises and the soundtrack. It's a movie about Japanese school life and a theater class. Sounds boring, I know, but I love Momoclo and they always have good humor. And yeah, the music is great.

momoclo.jpg

And finally, a DVD set (unedited version) of the GREATEST TV SHOW EVER: Quantum Leap! And a promo character for the tabletop game King of Tokyo (great family game by the creator of Magic the Gathering...you should try it!)

ql.jpg
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby rjdeeme29 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Came home from work to this in my bushes.
NN ID: SW-5375-6550-4422
rjdeeme29
LRG Super Fan

Postby Mr.KonaSoni » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:59 pm

A pepsi.
My list of recommendable Konami games from decent to great.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

My Blog

https://cheapbrokenpizza.blogspot.com/
This is the list of the Konami games that I have in my collection, Thank you Konami for everything, I am a real Konami hero!!.
https://vgcollect.com/mrkonasoni

573!!
Mr.KonaSoni
LRG Super Fan

Location: There is a place in hell for someone with a cursed blood as mine, its name is... throne.

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:20 pm

rjdeeme29 wrote:Came home from work to this in my bushes.

Those kits are too young to eat on their own. Are you going to bottle feed them, or maybe you know where their momma is?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby rjdeeme29 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Mamma is in the bushes with them. They are a couple days old. Had to cut the umbilical cord so once they are ok, they're leaving. Not having a cat colony here! Lol
rjdeeme29
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:40 pm

rjdeeme29 wrote:Mamma is in the bushes with them. They are a couple days old. Had to cut the umbilical cord so once they are ok, they're leaving. Not having a cat colony here! Lol

I hear you! They multiply fast!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby rjdeeme29 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:04 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
rjdeeme29 wrote:Mamma is in the bushes with them. They are a couple days old. Had to cut the umbilical cord so once they are ok, they're leaving. Not having a cat colony here! Lol

I hear you! They multiply fast!

Yeah and there's hoarders nearby which doesn't help. That's where these things came from lol!
rjdeeme29
LRG Super Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:59 am

Godzilla vs Destroyah/Godzilla vs Megaguirus - blu-ray
The Alf Files - dvd
A novel called "Storybound"

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
NS: SW-6594-8506-3402

Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php
BLINXERIZER
Forum Mod

Postby BuraddoRun » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:51 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:Godzilla vs Destroyah/Godzilla vs Megaguirus - blu-ray
The Alf Files - dvd
A novel called "Storybound"

Nice pick-up, that Godzilla blu-ray (see 1st post)!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Iwantgames:) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:31 pm

I got this little guy today at 11:13am

Iwantgames:)
LRG Super Fan

Postby Best1989 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Iwantgames:) wrote:I got this little guy today at 11:13am

Congrats! Quite a pick-up haha
Best1989
Global Mod

Postby Iwantgames:) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:33 pm

Best1989 wrote:

Congrats! Quite a pick-up haha

:D yep the best pickup
LRG Super Fan

Postby Nezumiiro » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Congratulation :)
Player 3 has joined the Game
Nezumiiro
LRG Super Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Iwantgames:) wrote:I got this little guy today

Congratulations! A wonderful pick-up indeed! But are you sure he's non-gaming? ;)
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Iwantgames:) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:47 pm

He will be raised with a love of gaming so right now nongaming but in the future its a good bet hell be gaming :D
LRG Super Fan

Postby bluestar » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:42 pm

i bought a brand new 500gb xbox 360. THEN i bought a brand new
4GB 360 bundle. so I'm keeping them in box for when my current console gives up
the ghost - I'll swap out the harddrive into the 4gb new console,
and the 500gb one can sit around for a long time.

I also have recently doubled my 360 game collection to about 60 games - which I'm pretty
content with, I haven't played nearly half of them.

I wanted to buy a new console before they are very difficult - and potentially expensive - to find.

personally I don't trust someone selling a used 360, the system sort of needs to be babied and cared
for and I feel like most people don't do that. also, 80% of used 360 consoles are overpriced - individuals,
I mean, not retailers - I think 80$ is the going rate for a used 360 according to pricecharting. lots of
people are still asking 200+ which is absurd.

I'm under the impression that gaming is going to change a lot in the next few years.

I'm not so sure traditional consoles are going to be developed after this current gen.
bluestar
Physical Warrior

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:05 pm

bluestar wrote:
I'm under the impression that gaming is going to change a lot in the next few years.

I'm not so sure traditional consoles are going to be developed after this current gen.

I predict the same, which is why I'm stocking up on so many games for my current system, the PS4. I also have a 3DS and am stockpiling some nice games for it, but I play it less than I do my console. If gaming goes all digital, I'll stick to my physical media on my current systems. I also plan to buy a new machine to play some retro games, the Retro Freak specifically, and possibly that retrousb AVS.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby bluestar » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:42 am

and, I just realized the topic of this discussion is "non-gaming" pick-ups. Sorry about that.
bluestar
Physical Warrior

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:11 pm

HQ: http://imgur.com/HaiJvUA
Some anime and music.
Both those music CDs are rare as hell; only 400 printings of each.
The Tribes of Neurot disc I've been on the lookout for about 10 years.
Now to find their first LTD disc, which will probably take another 10 years.
The Yawara DVDs I've been meaning to pick up for a while.
It's too bad that's all we're ever officially going to get of this great anime over here in the US.
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Next

Return to Collecting