• Who is online

Got a sweet collection? Talk about here and show us!

Postby Squarehard » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Image
User avatar
Squarehard
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:08 pm


Postby blckman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 am

Picked up another wireless headset on sale during the 4th of July week. A bit of a headphone enthusiasts. I love the pouch the come in. They are a bit clearer with much more treble than the Insignia wireless one's I have. They are both similar as well from a visual perspective. And they both sound better than the beats line. Just a waist of money in my honest opinion. Creative Labs speaks for themselves. They were only $39.99 with a promo code. A good savings and I love them when I am playing live poker cash games. In addition, they are much better for noise-cancellation purposes at a higher volume. They go well with my samsung galaxy player 4.2 and my Cowon Mp3 player as well. Happy shopping everyone. ;) https://us.creative.com/p/headphones-he ... ier-black/.
blckman
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:30 pm
Location: Pasadena,CA


Postby Fries » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:06 pm

I got a text from my Grandmother today, she manages apartment complexes and said she had something for me that was left behind in one the buildings, although she didn't know if I wanted it or if it was worth anything. So I head over to her house and find easily a couple thousand Magic cards:

Image
Image
Image
Full size images: https://imgur.com/a/NHbpfcy

Someone asked me literally a few days ago on a stream if I played Magic... well, I guess I might have to now.
User avatar
Fries
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm


Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:50 pm

No interest in Magic or card games in general (unless we talking Uno!) but that big of a score is pretty awesome.
Image

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

Please visit my Bonanza page: https://www.bonanza.com/booths/BLINXERIZER

XBX GAMERTAG: BLINXERIZER
PSN ID: BLINXERIZER
User avatar
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 4:27 am
Location: Texas


Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Fries wrote:I got a text from my Grandmother today, she manages apartment complexes and said she had something for me that was left behind in one the buildings, although she didn't know if I wanted it or if it was worth anything. So I head over to her house and find easily a couple thousand Magic cards:

Image
Image
Image
Full size images: https://imgur.com/a/NHbpfcy

Someone asked me literally a few days ago on a stream if I played Magic... well, I guess I might have to now.


The nice thing about Magic is that the good cards keep rising in value. As each new cycle or core set comes along, old cards are retired from some tournament play, but there are still tournaments that keep the older stuff legal. It's a fun game in it's own right; it just gets expensive when you try to build the perfect deck of the moment and as each new set comes out, since they come regularly.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby Fries » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:59 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:No interest in Magic or card games in general (unless we talking Uno!) but that big of a score is pretty awesome.

Yeah, it's kind of... too much. I was looking through these cards and they're not particularly well organized - cards from 1994 are mixed with ones from 2014, and I have no idea where to start. I barely even know what I have, trying to assemble a deck out of thousands of cards just dropped in my lap is pretty daunting.

BuraddoRun wrote:The nice thing about Magic is that the good cards keep rising in value. As each new cycle or core set comes along, old cards are retired from some tournament play, but there are still tournaments that keep the older stuff legal. It's a fun game in it's own right; it just gets expensive when you try to build the perfect deck of the moment and as each new set comes out, since they come regularly.

I think I might start with the digital version of Magic to get my feet wet with the newer decks and figure out what the hell I'm doing. Then maybe I can try to make sense of these older sets.

This is a prime example of why I need more nerdy friends; if I knew someone really into Magic that could sort through this with me then I might be able to determine if I have any worthwhile cards in this haul. Instead I have to learn 25 years of card releases all at once.
User avatar
Fries
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm


Postby Best1989 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:36 am

Geo and Gizmo could help you with that, mah boi. Interesting loot, btw.
Image
User avatar
Best1989
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3379
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 11:41 am
Location: Here and there


Postby Fries » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:04 am

Best1989 wrote:Geo and Gizmo could help you with that, mah boi. Interesting loot, btw.

I'm sure I'll be reaching out to them for help in the coming days.

I think the best plan of attack right now is to take the time and sort these cards out into their individual sets and pull out the rares/mythics (although I doubt there will be any)/foils to see if I have anything of value or usefulness. With everything categorized I might have a chance at actually learning how to use some of these cards in conjunction with each other.

Of course, this is a task that will probably take a full day. Gonna need to find some free time and some Twitch streams to watch in the background. :)
User avatar
Fries
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm


Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Fries wrote:
Best1989 wrote:Geo and Gizmo could help you with that, mah boi. Interesting loot, btw.

I'm sure I'll be reaching out to them for help in the coming days.

I think the best plan of attack right now is to take the time and sort these cards out into their individual sets and pull out the rares/mythics (although I doubt there will be any)/foils to see if I have anything of value or usefulness. With everything categorized I might have a chance at actually learning how to use some of these cards in conjunction with each other.

Of course, this is a task that will probably take a full day. Gonna need to find some free time and some Twitch streams to watch in the background. :)


My suggestion is to separate them by color first, rather than set. Lands are their own thing as well, as are artifacts. That would give you 7-8 groups of cards. Separating by set is fine if you're just planning to sort and sell, but if you want to try and play, separating by colors is the way to go.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 6064
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby Fries » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
Fries wrote:
Best1989 wrote:Geo and Gizmo could help you with that, mah boi. Interesting loot, btw.

I'm sure I'll be reaching out to them for help in the coming days.

I think the best plan of attack right now is to take the time and sort these cards out into their individual sets and pull out the rares/mythics (although I doubt there will be any)/foils to see if I have anything of value or usefulness. With everything categorized I might have a chance at actually learning how to use some of these cards in conjunction with each other.

Of course, this is a task that will probably take a full day. Gonna need to find some free time and some Twitch streams to watch in the background. :)

My suggestion is to separate them by color first, rather than set. Lands are their own thing as well, as are artifacts. That would give you 7-8 groups of cards. Separating by set is fine if you're just planning to sort and sell, but if you want to try and play, separating by colors is the way to go.

I've separated them by set and type within each set. I've pulled out all the basic land cards though and stuck them together - they seem better out of the way.
User avatar
Fries
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3358
Joined: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm


Previous

Return to Collecting