• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby DrLight66 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:52 am

So i think maybe a year ago Among the Sleep got a physical retail release for PS4 in both North America and Europe.

Well, the game is getting a 2nd retail release here in North America, for both PS4 and Switch. This is based on the "Enhanced Edition" version of the game, which was a huge free dlc "Director's Cut" type of update for the game a few months ago. Not sure about other sites but Play-Asia has both the Switch and PS4 versions up for pre-order for $29.99 right now. I didn't even know about the vanilla retail release until like an hour ago rofl, glad i missed out on that lol
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:42 am

The Enhanced Edition was posted in the Indie/Obscure Physical Release thread a few days ago, and I had the exact same thought as you - it's great that I missed out on the original release, haha. I also like the cover of this new version more than the original:

PS4 Listing | Switch Listing

I'm glad this is coming to North America for myself, but have releases in other regions been confirmed yet? With Soedesco being a European company I imagine PAL versions would be on the way as well.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Zee » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Looking forward to this game, glad it's gotten a release physically.
One thing I hate is.....
Zee
Physical Champion

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:50 pm

I have the original vanilla version but will definitely get this. I really enjoyed the game.

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

Please visit my Bonanza page: https://www.bonanza.com/booths/BLINXERIZER

XBX GAMERTAG: BLINXERIZER
PSN ID: BLINXERIZER
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 am

I bought the original physical for it on PS4, but i'll defo buy another version with all those lovely extras on it :D
Severely underrated game, and one that hit pretty close to home for me.
Will defo be picking this up, i'm only hoping the enhanced edition comes to Europe as well, i'd rather not have to import. It would also be very unusual for Soedesco not to release it in Europe.

Also loving the front cover <3

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:02 pm

I've only seen the first 15 minutes of the game while watching a Let's Play by Markiplier but I didn't want to spoil the rest of the game for myself i I ever played it in the future. Looks like I'll be playing it myself here in a couple months. The game sure gets dark and disturbing fast lol
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:50 pm

I believe they upgraded the graphics on this edition. Maybe similar to what Telltale did with The Walking Dead Collection?
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:09 am

BuraddoRun wrote:I believe they upgraded the graphics on this edition. Maybe similar to what Telltale did with The Walking Dead Collection?

Not sure but Krillbite (the dev) does mention that improved visuals were part of the Enhanced Edition update. I do know the game runs beautifully on the PS4 Pro at 60fps with a fov slider which i wish all first-person games included on consoles but usually don't.

Here's Krillbite's press release on the update, it's spoiler free so don't worry about them mentioning anything about the story.

http://www.krillbite.com/2017/10/30/we-are-releasing-an-enhanced-edition-of-among-the-sleep-this-week/
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Postby DrLight66 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:51 am

Also, this is yet another cool game that was funded via kickstarter. People like to bash the crowd-funding scene nowadays and it's unfortunate that some horribly managed games and major jerkoffs tarnished the crowdfunding scene but there's been sooooo many good games that happened because of crowdfunding.
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan

Return to General Discussions