• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 pm

I hope this one has everything actually on-disc and not just a DLC code, Square!

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby qui_suis » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 am

hummm... from picture it seem like it be a voucher in the box squareenix are good at it (sadly)... but agree i surely hope all dlc and skin are on disk....but i wont bet on it coz big corp are lazy now.
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
User avatar
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Canada


Postby nosaveddata » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 am

DLC on disc seems to be a thing of the past now especially with the big games.
User avatar
nosaveddata
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:19 am
Location: The north east of England


Postby kupomogli » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:09 pm

The running back and forth between the open world sections made this game a chore with and the gameplay didn't have much depth. Once the novelty of triangle giving a unique combination attack from square between every single weapon wore off, you're left with a decent game that looked quite nice, with a bunch of travel back and forth to each area through a mostly empty world(until you reached your destination.)

If it has a voucher *shrugs.* Atleast the plus side is I don't have to buy it again.
User avatar
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:07 pm


Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:19 pm

kupomogli wrote:The running back and forth between the open world sections made this game a chore with and the gameplay didn't have much depth. Once the novelty of triangle giving a unique combination attack from square between every single weapon wore off, you're left with a decent game that looked quite nice, with a bunch of travel back and forth to each area through a mostly empty world(until you reached your destination.)

If it has a voucher *shrugs.* Atleast the plus side is I don't have to buy it again.


If it does all come on disc, would you buy it again? I want to play it eventually, but boring back & forth doesn't sound promising.

P.S. Go check my trophy list. I think I may have to take over as Brun's #1 fan. :P
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby doenerroemer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:18 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
kupomogli wrote:The running back and forth between the open world sections made this game a chore with and the gameplay didn't have much depth. Once the novelty of triangle giving a unique combination attack from square between every single weapon wore off, you're left with a decent game that looked quite nice, with a bunch of travel back and forth to each area through a mostly empty world(until you reached your destination.)

If it has a voucher *shrugs.* Atleast the plus side is I don't have to buy it again.


If it does all come on disc, would you buy it again? I want to play it eventually, but boring back & forth doesn't sound promising.

P.S. Go check my trophy list. I think I may have to take over as Brun's #1 fan. :P


My Opinion: Definitly play it (the DLCs are funny, but don‘t add anything new to the story)! I enjoyed it very much! I see the point of the back and forth in the open world, but that doesn‘t seemed too much for me. If you want, I can go into some detail why I like that game!
doenerroemer
True Believer
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:29 am
Location: Germany


Postby panzermanathod » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:34 pm

kupomogli wrote:The running back and forth between the open world sections made this game a chore with and the gameplay didn't have much depth. Once the novelty of triangle giving a unique combination attack from square between every single weapon wore off, you're left with a decent game that looked quite nice, with a bunch of travel back and forth to each area through a mostly empty world(until you reached your destination.)


Mostly empty? I mean, outside the desert I couldn't agree. The environments are generally decently filled enough and varied enough with enemies sprinkled in.
Image
User avatar
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm


Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:35 am

doenerroemer wrote:
BuraddoRun wrote:
kupomogli wrote:The running back and forth between the open world sections made this game a chore with and the gameplay didn't have much depth. Once the novelty of triangle giving a unique combination attack from square between every single weapon wore off, you're left with a decent game that looked quite nice, with a bunch of travel back and forth to each area through a mostly empty world(until you reached your destination.)

If it has a voucher *shrugs.* Atleast the plus side is I don't have to buy it again.


If it does all come on disc, would you buy it again? I want to play it eventually, but boring back & forth doesn't sound promising.

P.S. Go check my trophy list. I think I may have to take over as Brun's #1 fan. :P


My Opinion: Definitly play it (the DLCs are funny, but don‘t add anything new to the story)! I enjoyed it very much! I see the point of the back and forth in the open world, but that doesn‘t seemed too much for me. If you want, I can go into some detail why I like that game!


Yes, please. Tell me more about why you like it.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby doenerroemer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:26 am

First of all you don‘t need to play Nier to understand the story. It is completely (or you don’t recognize some connections, if you don’t know them) independent. I try to do it without spoiling to much!

Here are some points which I liked:

1. Combat style:
It is a mix from short range melee (with the character) and long range shooting (with your drone) combat. You can play it like a twin stick shooter in 3D if you want. You can „skill“/upgrade your character also in any direction you want!

2. Multiple Endings:
There are 26 Endings, with four main endings and the rest are „bad“ endings, which most of the time occur when you don‘t do what you are supposed to do (like instead of fast going to help somebody, walk in a different direction and some other fun stuff (like blowing up your homebase via self destruction of your character (there is a gamepad combination for that)). Also the main „endings“ stack to each other, expanding the story more and more. So don‘t stop after ending A or you will miss about 1/2 of the story!

3. Story/Setting:
The story and setting are really deep. Much is not so obvious at the beginning and you have to put together all clues for the details. I also like the humor of the game, it’s pretty much the same as in Drakengard 3.

4. „Special“ Gameplay during some parts
During some missions or areas, there is a change of camera perspektive to top down or like in a 2,5D jump&run, which forces you to play a little bit different. Also there are (easy) shmup sections, where you approach your mission area with flying units.

Edit: 5. The Soundtrack!!!!
doenerroemer
True Believer
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:29 am
Location: Germany


Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:28 pm

doenerroemer wrote:First of all you don‘t need to play Nier to understand the story. It is completely (or you don’t recognize some connections, if you don’t know them) independent. I try to do it without spoiling to much!

Here are some points which I liked:

1. Combat style:
It is a mix from short range melee (with the character) and long range shooting (with your drone) combat. You can play it like a twin stick shooter in 3D if you want. You can „skill“/upgrade your character also in any direction you want!

2. Multiple Endings:
There are 26 Endings, with four main endings and the rest are „bad“ endings, which most of the time occur when you don‘t do what you are supposed to do (like instead of fast going to help somebody, walk in a different direction and some other fun stuff (like blowing up your homebase via self destruction of your character (there is a gamepad combination for that)). Also the main „endings“ stack to each other, expanding the story more and more. So don‘t stop after ending A or you will miss about 1/2 of the story!

3. Story/Setting:
The story and setting are really deep. Much is not so obvious at the beginning and you have to put together all clues for the details. I also like the humor of the game, it’s pretty much the same as in Drakengard 3.

4. „Special“ Gameplay during some parts
During some missions or areas, there is a change of camera perspektive to top down or like in a 2,5D jump&run, which forces you to play a little bit different. Also there are (easy) shmup sections, where you approach your mission area with flying units.

Edit: 5. The Soundtrack!!!!


You make good points. I had no idea it had a lot of humor in it. I've never played Nier (or Drakengard for that matter), but I just assumed it would be a super serious story. Well, I've pre-ordered Yorha Edition. I won't open it until I get confirmation on the disc contents, so I can do a return if necessary.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby panzermanathod » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:
but I just assumed it would be a super serious story.

T H I S - C A N N O T - C O N T I N U E
Image
User avatar
panzermanathod
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm


Postby doenerroemer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Don‘t get me wrong, the story is serious, but there is also more or less subtle humor in the game. Compare it to Avengers Infinity War: Serious Story, some lighthearted moments!
doenerroemer
True Believer
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:29 am
Location: Germany


Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm

doenerroemer wrote:Don‘t get me wrong, the story is serious, but there is also more or less subtle humor in the game. Compare it to Avengers Infinity War: Serious Story, some lighthearted moments!


Sounds like something I'd enjoy. I love the humor in Dark Souls, which puts on a serious front.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:30 pm

So yeah, skip this one. It's been confirmed that the disc is the exact same disc from the first release, and there's a DLC voucher in the case. Pathetic.
Image
Image
User avatar
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 7016
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Texas, United States


Postby FoP » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 am

BuraddoRun wrote:So yeah, skip this one. It's been confirmed that the disc is the exact same disc from the first release, and there's a DLC voucher in the case. Pathetic.



In the words of the great Douglas Bogart:
LimitedRunDouglas wrote:blah
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5664
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden



Return to General Discussions