• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby DrLight66 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:13 pm

The only shmup I remember either Doug or Josh posting about here on the forums that importing wasn't really necessary was Battle Garegga Rev. 2016
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby 315retro » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 pm

That was it thanks!
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

ImageImage
User avatar
315retro
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:45 am
Location: CNY


Postby OneVurfedGwrx » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:56 am

DrLight66 wrote:The only shmup I remember either Doug or Josh posting about here on the forums that importing wasn't really necessary was Battle Garegga Rev. 2016


I seem to recall him or Doug saying likewise about this too at some point.
OneVurfedGwrx
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:25 am


Postby FoP » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:00 am

DrLight66 wrote:The only shmup I remember either Doug or Josh posting about here on the forums that importing wasn't really necessary was Battle Garegga Rev. 2016


Yeah you're right, I mixed those comments up... but Pariodius-like made me think more of Games Paradise rather than Battle Garegga.
Still, hopefully we'll see both of them; that hint for Garegga is pretty heavy evidence and in addition to that article Degica also confirmed on Twitter that both Senko no Ronde and Games Paradise would get US releases.
User avatar
FoP
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 5664
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am
Location: Sweden


Postby supercutz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:44 am

I concur.
Image
supercutz
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:33 pm


Postby tokyobassist » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:23 pm

I'll let y'all fight over Garegga. I ended up buying the Korean version because it came with OST and an English manual is available online.

Not trying to take sales away from LRG but man...it'll be a little over a year since its original release just to get the same game...but in English...for a shmup lol.
tokyobassist
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm


Postby Grizzled » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 am

Looks like a physical version for Switch/PS4 is coming this February, but not from LRG. Instead, it's from the shop that can't/mustn't/shouldn't be named.
https://nintendosoup.com/r-type-dimensi ... uary-2019/
Image
User avatar
Grizzled
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 pm
Location: Greece


Postby DrLight66 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:51 pm

I don't take sides with companies doing LE physical releases, I'm just glad that this is happening by someone because R-Type 1 and 2 are absolute classics and it's my 2nd favorite horizontal shmup franchise (and 2nd favorite shmup franchise overall) next to Gradius.

Gradius >>> R-Type >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Darius >>>> Thunder Force

The Parodius series is too weird for me to think about where it belongs lol

Also, R-Types came out Feb. 28th, 1999. R-Type Dimensions goes on sale Feb. 24th, 2019. Almost exactly 20 years later rofl
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby Olivier B » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:17 pm

Very cool.
Image Image
Olivier B
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:54 am


Postby denpanosekai » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Grizzled wrote:Instead, it's from the shop that can't/mustn't/shouldn't be named.


I know there was some shit over Gore Guns Cannoli, I take it's still not resolved?

I go where the SHMUPs are...
denpanosekai
True Believer
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:39 pm


Postby DrLight66 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 pm

denpanosekai wrote:
Grizzled wrote:Instead, it's from the shop that can't/mustn't/shouldn't be named.


I know there was some shit over Gore Guns Cannoli, I take it's still not resolved?

I go where the SHMUPs are...


It was other things too that created the strife
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby VoltronsGrundle » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm

LRG not scoring this release is crazy. They absolutely dropped the ball here. We asked them literally minutes after the digital release was announced to start work on securing this for release but they who must not be named got it instead.
Oh well. I am more than happy to spend my money with whomever releases the games I want to buy. I have chosen a side. The side of games. Cant wait to buy this!!!
Defender of the Universe
User avatar
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 am


Postby KillerKlown » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:24 pm

VoltronsGrundle wrote:LRG not scoring this release is crazy. They absolutely dropped the ball here. We asked them literally minutes after the digital release was announced to start work on securing this for release but they who must not be named got it instead.
Oh well. I am more than happy to spend my money with whomever releases the games I want to buy. I have chosen a side. The side of games. Cant wait to buy this!!!


I don't think things move that quickly. I am guessing SLG already had something in the works before the digital release. Could be wrong though.
KillerKlown
Physical Warrior
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 pm


Postby Grizzled » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:51 am

denpanosekai wrote:
I know there was some shit over Gore Guns Cannoli, I take it's still not resolved?

I go where the SHMUPs are...

Can't say for sure. I remember seeing a post by Douglas saying that we shouldn't refer to the store by name, because of some legal reason or something.
Image
User avatar
Grizzled
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:02 pm
Location: Greece


Postby Lando » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:34 am

Grizzled wrote:
denpanosekai wrote:
I know there was some shit over Gore Guns Cannoli, I take it's still not resolved?

I go where the SHMUPs are...

Can't say for sure. I remember seeing a post by Douglas saying that we shouldn't refer to the store by name, because of some legal reason or something.

This is ridiculous !
Now, I prefer to buy 1 game p/month from that company... I'm stoping to spend tons of money with LR !
User avatar
Lando
Physical Warrior
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm


Postby BenoitRen » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:12 pm

I wasn't a fan of that unnamed store because they would announce new games way too close to release (like, one day before in some cases), which meant I had no chance to get them. Looks like they're improving in that department. I'm staring to prefer them to the UK-based company because they ship from Germany, which means a reasonable shipping cost of €6-€7 in a padded envelope in contrast to €15 for an unprotected cardboard envelope.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Belgium


Postby VoltronsGrundle » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:37 pm

BenoitRen wrote:I wasn't a fan of that unnamed store because they would announce new games way too close to release (like, one day before in some cases), which meant I had no chance to get them. Looks like they're improving in that department. I'm staring to prefer them to the UK-based company because they ship from Germany, which means a reasonable shipping cost of €6-€7 in a padded envelope in contrast to €15 for an unprotected cardboard envelope.


I have purchased every release from they who must not be named and never once have they announced a game with 24hrs notice or less.

You are posting at the right place for a company that is notorious for such shenanigans however.
Besides that, the second batch of EVERY game the They who must not be named has released has lasted days to weeks. Even some of their CE’s last that long. If that isnt enough time to scratch up $30 or so I’d say you are in the wrong hobby.
Defender of the Universe
User avatar
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 am


Postby Postmortimus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:26 am

They whom shall not be named, huh?

Strictly.
Limited.
Games.

8-)
Attachments
Come-at-me-bro.jpg
Come-at-me-bro.jpg (57.82 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Postmortimus
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:27 pm
Location: NY


Postby BenoitRen » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:31 am

VoltronsGrundle wrote:I have purchased every release from they who must not be named and never once have they announced a game with 24hrs notice or less.

Bunny Must Die!'s release date was announced one day before it went on sale, and by the time I heard about it (don't remember when, but it was within a week), it had sold out.
BenoitRen
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Belgium


Postby NinjaC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:16 am

I really like Stricly Limited Games(like anyone from LRG still visits this place).
User avatar
NinjaC
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:20 am


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:42 am

BenoitRen wrote:
VoltronsGrundle wrote:I have purchased every release from they who must not be named and never once have they announced a game with 24hrs notice or less.

Bunny Must Die!'s release date was announced one day before it went on sale, and by the time I heard about it (don't remember when, but it was within a week), it had sold out.


Image

So they announced it a week before release, and you still had time within that week while it was on sale.
So nope, it was not announced with 24 hours notice, it was announced with a weeks notice :)
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


Postby DrLight66 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Fun fact about Bunny Must Die! is that the character (i don't know her name as i haven't played the game yet) appears in one of the endings in Gundemoniums which is also made by the same dev lol
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby DaBargainHunta » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:27 pm

I've ordered two games from [redacted] and I'm still waiting for both, so they're as slow as LRG in that regard.

Three if you count the one VoltronsGrundle generously sold to me.

That I got in record time and beautifully packed! :)

But yeah, I was shocked when I first saw the announcement - I can't believe LRG didn't get it.
User avatar
DaBargainHunta
Physical Champion
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 am


Postby Dante2k4 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Ancestral_Spirit wrote:
BenoitRen wrote:
VoltronsGrundle wrote:I have purchased every release from they who must not be named and never once have they announced a game with 24hrs notice or less.

Bunny Must Die!'s release date was announced one day before it went on sale, and by the time I heard about it (don't remember when, but it was within a week), it had sold out.


Image

So they announced it a week before release, and you still had time within that week while it was on sale.
So nope, it was not announced with 24 hours notice, it was announced with a weeks notice :)


Served.
Dante2k4
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:30 pm


Postby DrLight66 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

If my memory servers me correct, Bunny also took 2 or 3 days before selling out.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby VoltronsGrundle » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:33 pm

DaBargainHunta wrote:I've ordered two games from [redacted] and I'm still waiting for both, so they're as slow as LRG in that regard.

Three if you count the one VoltronsGrundle generously sold to me.

That I got in record time and beautifully packed! :)

But yeah, I was shocked when I first saw the announcement - I can't believe LRG didn't get it.



I dont know who this voltams grindle is but he sounds like a huge dick!
Defender of the Universe
User avatar
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 am


Postby DrLight66 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:30 am

VoltronsGrundle wrote:
DaBargainHunta wrote:I've ordered two games from [redacted] and I'm still waiting for both, so they're as slow as LRG in that regard.

Three if you count the one VoltronsGrundle generously sold to me.

That I got in record time and beautifully packed! :)

But yeah, I was shocked when I first saw the announcement - I can't believe LRG didn't get it.



I dont know who this voltams grindle is but he sounds like a huge dick!


His avatar says it all :lol:
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby VoltronsGrundle » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:11 pm

DrLight66 wrote:
VoltronsGrundle wrote:
DaBargainHunta wrote:I've ordered two games from [redacted] and I'm still waiting for both, so they're as slow as LRG in that regard.

Three if you count the one VoltronsGrundle generously sold to me.

That I got in record time and beautifully packed! :)

But yeah, I was shocked when I first saw the announcement - I can't believe LRG didn't get it.



I dont know who this voltams grindle is but he sounds like a huge dick!


His avatar says it all :lol:


A huge robotic dick then!
Defender of the Universe
User avatar
VoltronsGrundle
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 am


Postby DrLight66 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:16 am

I can confirm that both the Switch and PS4 physicals will include the following updates on the carts/discs after asking the publisher and SLG on twitter about whether they would be included or not (both replied and told me yes)

Update Information
Nintendo Switch
ver.1.1.0
Fixed and error whereby the game will restart from the first round when selecting Restart during the second round of R-Type.
Fixed and error whereby in R-Type II: The Boss in Stage 2 of the second round will not attack during the second round.
Fixed other display and rendering errors

ver.1.2.0
Fixed an error whereby the 1UP sound does not play in Classic mode.
Fixed an error whereby the vibration settings will be initialized upon activation of the software.
Fixed an irregular cursor behaviour in Ranking page.
Fixed text error in Spanish language settings.

PlayStation 4
ver.1.01
Fixed an error whereby the 1UP sound does not play in Classic mode.
Fixed an error whereby the vibration settings will be initialized upon activation of the software.
Fixed an irregular cursor behaviour in Ranking page.
Fixed text error in Spanish language settings.
If a game doesn't run at 60fps then it isn't worth playing.
User avatar
DrLight66
Ultimate Fan
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:38 pm
Location: New York


Postby Ancestral_Spirit » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:06 pm

DrLight66 wrote:I can confirm that both the Switch and PS4 physicals will include the following updates on the carts/discs after asking the publisher and SLG on twitter about whether they would be included or not (both replied and told me yes)

Update Information
Nintendo Switch
ver.1.1.0
Fixed and error whereby the game will restart from the first round when selecting Restart during the second round of R-Type.
Fixed and error whereby in R-Type II: The Boss in Stage 2 of the second round will not attack during the second round.
Fixed other display and rendering errors

ver.1.2.0
Fixed an error whereby the 1UP sound does not play in Classic mode.
Fixed an error whereby the vibration settings will be initialized upon activation of the software.
Fixed an irregular cursor behaviour in Ranking page.
Fixed text error in Spanish language settings.

PlayStation 4
ver.1.01
Fixed an error whereby the 1UP sound does not play in Classic mode.
Fixed an error whereby the vibration settings will be initialized upon activation of the software.
Fixed an irregular cursor behaviour in Ranking page.
Fixed text error in Spanish language settings.


Sweet! :D
Though for trophies and the like (whatever the Nintendo equivalent is, if it has one) that part about the boss not attacking on the second round sure would have been helpful XD
Image

Currently Playing:

Superbeat Xonic - Vita - What is it with rhythm games being so damned hard!?
A Rose in the Twilight - Vita - The extra dungeon is so damn frustrating! Such a sad idea for a game :_(
Warframe - PS4 - The only sorta MMO i've ever started, and i love it! :D
The Last Guardian - Threw some curveball story moments, and now some curveball trophies >.<
Heart no Kuni no Alice Anniversary Edition - PC - What a sweet hare! Er, i mean DOG, please don't shoot me Elliot! :O
User avatar
Ancestral_Spirit
LRG Super Fan
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am
Location: My House ;)


PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions