• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby BuraddoRun » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:13 am

I'm up to episode 6 of Stranger Things 2. Will probably finish it before the weekend.

And I've been watching some of the World Series. It's DEFINITELY been an awesome battle. I hope it goes to Game 7! Also, I'm rooting for the Dodgers despite being a Texan. The Astros are our division rivals after all, The Rangers being my #1 team. But The Dodgers are my favorite NL team. I miss Yu Darvish, despite his recent stinker of a WS game.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:50 am

Just finished Stranger Things 2.

OOOOOOH BOOOOOY! BRING ON SEASON 3!!!
Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 am

Stranger Things 2 was great. Steve is a new GOAT character.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:27 pm

I started watching a documentary series on Netflix called Shot in the Dark. It's pretty interesting! It's about stringers, freelance journalists who sell footage to news stations, that work overnight in L.A. There was a movie that came out not too long ago called Nightcrawler that was about an overnight stringer that I thought was pretty good. But these are the real guys. Since I worked the overnight shift at my job for a year (just recently came back to days) I saw a lot of the crazy stuff that happens overnight. But I chased dogs and dealt with animal disturbances. These guys look for any news story they can get. It's interesting!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:41 pm

I binged through The Amazing Mrs Maisel on Amazon the other day and it was fantastic. A great period piece about the comedy scene in the late 50s. Great, great show.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:11 am

Started watching The Punisher a couple of days back. On episode 3 right now. Absolutely brutal!
Join the LRG forums!

SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:Started watching The Punisher a couple of days back. On episode 3 right now. Absolutely brutal!

I think it's the best of the Netflix Marvel series.
It's great from start to finish.
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:32 pm

I finally got to watch it(it the movie).

Loved it. Got me thinking I'd love to see a redo of the Gremlins, they can do so much nowadays with movies.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:38 am

Has anyone watched that new Netflix show Dark? I haven't checked it out yet but they say it's supposed to be like a much darker and violent version of Stranger Things.
Join the LRG forums!

SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:59 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:Has anyone watched that new Netflix show Dark? I haven't checked it out yet but they say it's supposed to be like a much darker and violent version of Stranger Things.

I haven't yet, but it's in my queue and definitely looks interesting.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Izzyjosheff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 am

I’ve been extremely sick with the flu for the past two days so all I have really been doing is watching movies and sleeping.

So far I have watched..

The Truman Show- great movie and one of Jim carries best in my opinion. Super interesting plot.

Guardians of the galaxy 2 - I am kinda critical over marvel movies since I think many of them are overrated and are seen as untouchable for the sole purpose of them being a marvel studios film or Disney (unless it’s iron man 3, it’s universally garbage). By I really liked guardians 2 a ton. Doesn’t stand up to the original by any means and I really dislike nebula but overall I really enjoyed it all and thought the ending was excellent.

The Innkeepers - this is a horror movie that I was recommended. I was told that the twist ending was shocking and that the movie was quite mind bending. None of this is true. It’s not a terrible movie, but it’s far from good. Also has some of the worst acting that I have ever seen.

The big short - man this one Was awesome. Breaks down the ligistics of the US stock market crash in a way that most anybody can understand. Christian bale and Steve Carrel killed their parts as well. This movie is EXTREMELY unique all the way through and the writing and directing were very odd.. great movie.

Fences - the first half of the movie was absolutely amazing. Towards the end it kinda lost me with what a massive piece of shit the main character turned into. I’m fine with piece of shit chatacters but I think if it’s the main character it should at least be divisive on whether people agree with his actions or not.. but it wasn’t divisive.. he was just awful. Excellently acted though and I would definitely recommend even though it Peters out closer to the end.

Finishing up cowboy bebop now!
Izzyjosheff
LRG Super Fan

Postby Frump » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:47 pm

I tried to watch The Lego Batman Movie today but man oh man was that movie not for me.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby Izzyjosheff » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Frump wrote:I tried to watch The Lego Batman Movie today but man oh man was that movie not for me.

It’s funny how hit or miss that movie is with people!
Izzyjosheff
LRG Super Fan

Postby 108 Stars » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

I have been watching Dexter seasons 6 - 8 in the last weeks. Never got around to it before.

Damn, that show should have ended after the trinity killer. It's really pretty bad now... Midway through season 8 right now. It was great once, then it got somewhat tired and repetetive, and now I find it outright bad.
108 Stars
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 pm

108 Stars wrote:I have been watching Dexter seasons 6 - 8 in the last weeks. Never got around to it before.

Damn, that show should have ended after the trinity killer. It's really pretty bad now... Midway through season 8 right now. It was great once, then it got somewhat tired and repetetive, and now I find it outright bad.

Ive been hearing about them picking this back up. Id be ok with it.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 pm

For the last 11 weeks I've been watching an anime called Juuni Taisen, or 12 War, or Zodiac War. It's gory, and a pretty standard-type of storyline for an action anime: 12 warriors each representing both a country and an animal of the Chinese Zodiac are fighting to the death and the winner gets a wish granted. It's better than I expected it to be, though. There are some interesting ideas and concepts with the fighters, and some of the characters have a lot of philosophical monologue and dialogue. The last episode airs next week. Crunchyroll has it I believe, but plenty of fansubbers out there are subbing it as well.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Bozley » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:51 pm

OMG, I just watched Kong: Skull Island, and it was so great. I'm really looking forward to Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs. King Kong now.

Bozley
LRG Super Fan

Postby Fries » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:05 am

I watched The Princess and the Frog a few days ago with a friend while we were waiting for the rest of our group to show up before we all went out. It was my first time watching the film, while she had seen it a few times already since she's a huge Disney fan. It was paced a bit oddly and wasn't as cohesive as it could have been - much of the story progression occurs by coincidence and some scenes have no impact on the story as a whole. It wasn't terrible by any means, but with just a few tweaks it could have been a little better.

I also watched the original '82 Annie yesterday thanks to Buraddo's giveaway; I enjoyed it overall but it doesn't hold up as much as I hoped it would. I think I first saw the original right before the premiere of the 1999 Annie TV film, so I wonder how it compares to that iteration? Maybe I'll find out next year, I think I've probably hit my Annie quota for the moment.
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:10 pm

I picked up a new anime called Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou or Girls` Last Tour.
It's pretty relaxing for a post apocalyptic show.
I like it for some reason, even though they're essentially going nowhere and doing nothing besides surviving.
Also, I love the Kettenkrad they use to get around.
The animation style is very similar to Made in Abyss, which is another I'd recommend.
I think I might pick up the manga since the show is almost done for the season.

BuraddoRun wrote:Crunchyroll has it I believe, but plenty of fansubbers out there are subbing it as well.

+1 for fansubs
Gott! welch' Dunkel hier! O grauenvolle Stille! Öd' ist es um mich her: Nichts lebet außer mir.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Hellblazer1138 wrote:I picked up a new anime called Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou or Girls` Last Tour.
It's pretty relaxing for a post apocalyptic show.
I like it for some reason, even though they're essentially going nowhere and doing nothing besides surviving.
Also, I love the Kettenkrad they use to get around.
The animation style is very similar to Made in Abyss, which is another I'd recommend.
I think I might pick up the manga since the show is almost done for the season.

BuraddoRun wrote:Crunchyroll has it I believe, but plenty of fansubbers out there are subbing it as well.

+1 for fansubs

I think I've heard of that one before. Is that with the 2 girls that wander the city after (or during) a war?

Also, on a side note, isn't it weird how sometimes an international name, even if put out by the creators of the show/game/manga, differs from the literal translation? "Shuumatsu" means weekend. Maybe it has 2 meanings, but I've only ever heard it used for weekend. So shouldn't the title be Girls' Weekend Tour or something? It's like the anime I'm watching, Juuni Taisen. Juuni is 12. But since the story has to do with the Zodiac, the English title is Zodiac War instead of literally 12 War. Maybe they do it because they think the English name sounds cooler that way. I mean, Zodiac War does sound cooler than 12 War. Girls' Last Tour sounds better than Girls' Weekend Tour I guess.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:41 pm

BuraddoRun wrote:I think I've heard of that one before. Is that with the 2 girls that wander the city after (or during) a war?

That's then one.
It's after an unspecified war and/or event and they are going nowhere it seems and have only run into a few people here and there.

BuraddoRun wrote:Also, on a side note, isn't it weird how sometimes an international name, even if put out by the creators of the show/game/manga, differs from the literal translation? "Shuumatsu" means weekend. Maybe it has 2 meanings, but I've only ever heard it used for weekend. So shouldn't the title be Girls' Weekend Tour or something? It's like the anime I'm watching, Juuni Taisen. Juuni is 12. But since the story has to do with the Zodiac, the English title is Zodiac War instead of literally 12 War. Maybe they do it because they think the English name sounds cooler that way. I mean, Zodiac War does sound cooler than 12 War. Girls' Last Tour sounds better than Girls' Weekend Tour I guess.

I know what you mean.
Sometimes they know what they're doing with naming things but others..
The grammatically wrong Attack on Titan and other stuff like that can annoy me.
The official title is 少女終末旅行
For what it's worth if you run it through google translate you get "Girls' end trip"
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:27 pm

I went and saw The Disaster Artist in the theater yesterday and it was fantastic. I had read the book last year and was looking forward to this movie and was not disappointed. It's great and James Franco does a fantastic version of Tommy Wiseau.

I'm watching Jean-Claude Van Johnson right now on Amazon Prime and it's a pretty fun tongue-in-cheek spy thriller with Jean Claude Van Damme playing both a spy and a washed-up actor filming terrible action movies. I'm only halfway through the series but it's worth giving a shot! I'm liking it!
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:54 am

Watched Kiki's Delivery Service last night. Great movie! I absolutely adored it! SO heart warming and magical. Great characters, story, and beautiful scenery.

I haven't seen a whole lot of the Studio Ghibli movies, just this one, Princess Mononoke (though that was years ago on vhs. Need to rewatch it), and parts of Spirited Away (need to watch the whole thing). Would love to collect the blu-rays.
Join the LRG forums!

SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:Watched Kiki's Delivery Service last night. Great movie! I absolutely adored it! SO heart warming and magical. Great characters, story, and beautiful scenery.

I haven't seen a whole lot of the Studio Ghibli movies, just this one, Princess Mononoke (though that was years ago on vhs. Need to rewatch it), and parts of Spirited Away (need to watch the whole thing). Would love to collect the blu-rays.

The Ghibli Blu-rays are cheaper than ever now since GKIDS got the license to distribute more of the films in the US (they only had a few before) instead of Disney. The films they took over from Disney have new transfers, new covers/slipcovers, and the films are seeing limited release theater runs. It's awesome.

You can read more about it here: https://kotaku.com/gkids-takes-over-u-s ... 1797730952
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 am

Fries wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:Watched Kiki's Delivery Service last night. Great movie! I absolutely adored it! SO heart warming and magical. Great characters, story, and beautiful scenery.

The Ghibli Blu-rays are cheaper than ever now since GKIDS got the license to distribute more of the films in the US (they only had a few before) instead of Disney. The films they took over from Disney have new transfers, new covers/slipcovers, and the films are seeing limited release theater runs. It's awesome.

You can read more about it here: https://kotaku.com/gkids-takes-over-u-s ... 1797730952

Oh I knew about this already but thanks anyway.
Join the LRG forums!

SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby BuraddoRun » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:18 pm

BLINXERIZER wrote:
Fries wrote:

Kiki's Delivery Service is one of my favorite Ghibli movies. I have a few on blu-ray but I, too, want to collect more.

Did you know they made a live-action Kiki's? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUKOmo0OabA
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 pm

This was more like "recently half-finished."

Rented Valerian City of a Thousand Planets. Now I love scifi and I really liked the weird and imaginative stuff they had in the movie... but the movie itself just was kind of meh boring. I stopped watching half way through. Was watching it with my dad. I said to him, "You can watch the rest. I'm gonna go take a nap... I've just completely lost interest in this."

BuraddoRun wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:
Fries wrote:

Kiki's Delivery Service is one of my favorite Ghibli movies. I have a few on blu-ray but I, too, want to collect more.

Did you know they made a live-action Kiki's? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUKOmo0OabA

Yeah I saw the trailer for the live action one. I might check it out sometime to see how it compares.
Join the LRG forums!

SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:14 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:This was more like "recently half-finished."

Rented Valerian City of a Thousand Planets. Now I love scifi and I really liked the weird and imaginative stuff they had in the movie... but the movie itself just was kind of meh boring. I stopped watching half way through. Was watching it with my dad. I said to him, "You can watch the rest. I'm gonna go take a nap... I've just completely lost interest in this."

I really wanted to love this one too but OOF. I've never seen a movie with more miscast lead roles. The two main characters just felt wrong and had absolutely no chemistry. It was certainly pretty though.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby Hellblazer1138 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Frump wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:This was more like "recently half-finished."

I really wanted to love this one too but OOF. I've never seen a movie with more miscast lead roles. The two main characters just felt wrong and had absolutely no chemistry. It was certainly pretty though.

I just watched this on Tuesday night and I actually enjoyed the movie more than I though I would.
But I will agree that generic man/boy and Emma Watson knock-off weren't the best leads..

I'm thinking of watching Mother! tonight.
Either that Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, I Saw The Devil or The Descent.
Hellblazer1138
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:58 pm

Hellblazer1138 wrote:I'm thinking of watching Mother! tonight.
Either that Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, I Saw The Devil or The Descent.

Mother! is weeeeeeeeeird. It's really well-done but it feels intentionally off-putting. Once you think it over and put together what everything represents (I'm not going to ruin it in advance just in case you don't know already), it makes a lot more sense. It's worth watching but it's a hard love it or hate it kind of movie.
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions