• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:49 pm

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/901913656761303042

Ps4 and Vita. I cannot wait to play this. No date yet though

Theres also a poll for which system you would get shakedown on

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/901610371009490945

I cant believe that punkass switch is in the lead. I say that but I will end up buying a switch soon for mario.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Frump » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm

I can't tell, does retail mean it's going to stores or is he releasing it as a limited game through his Vblank site?
ImageImage
Frump
Ultimate Fan

Postby Bozley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Its been announced for a long while now. And yes, it'll be through VBlank's site.

Bozley
LRG Super Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Bozley wrote:Its been announced for a long while now. And yes, it'll be through VBlank's site.

I never heard it confirmed but we all figured it.
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Bozley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:41 pm

shinoff2183 wrote:
Bozley wrote:Its been announced for a long while now. And yes, it'll be through VBlank's site.

http://vblank.com/20170711_shakedown_trailer.php#physical

July 11th is when it was first announced to have a physical copy.

Bozley
LRG Super Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Will be getting both versions. However I hope there wont be any required patches since it seems as if the physical versions are going to come out the same time as the game.
Join the LRG forums!
http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/index.php

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

XBX: BLINXERIZER
PSN: BLINXERIZER
SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:01 pm

Bozley wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:

http://vblank.com/20170711_shakedown_trailer.php#physical

July 11th is when it was first announced to have a physical copy.

Cool I found it on twitter, hell maybe someone already posted it oops.
I did see a tweet where it says pstv compatable which means I may have to grab that to. Also the artwork has the ersb on it so I imagine itll release after the new rules go into effect. https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/894717049712238592 Unless its just a mockup
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby qui_suis » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:08 pm

wow, what is going on with retroCR i cant view they post i get that message:

You are blocked from following @RetroCR and viewing @RetroCR's Tweets

can anyone PM and see what going on .. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby jook13 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:52 pm

If switch gets a physical... I'll get the game. If not I will pass entirely
jook13
Physical Champion

Postby DoomsDave » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:32 am

Yeah punkass Switch version for me.
DoomsDave
LRG Super Fan

Postby qui_suis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:29 am

i would say PS4 and VITA here
NEW LIMITED RUN GAMES FAN!
no matter Josh or Doug if there is competitor rest assure i always be the #1 FAN in my heart
qui_suis
Ultimate Fan

Postby 108 Stars » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 am

I'll buy it for Vita. Can't wait.
108 Stars
Ultimate Fan

Postby jrmann33 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 am

Looking forward to this hopefully it will come out this Fall. I never bought Retro City Rampage, but thought Shakedown looked more polished of a game (not just due to graphics). If anybody finds out a date please let us know.
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby DeafTard » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:03 am

Update!

I got an email from the devs via newsletter. I'll copy/paste:
============================
Shakedown: Hawaii's still on the way! Thanks to all of you for your patience.

It's taking a long time to build, but I'm confident that once you play it, you'll feel it was worth the wait. It's larger than Retro City Rampage was in every way: from its world, to its missions, cutscenes, interactivity, environment and animation!

Be sure to add it to your Steam Wishlist, here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/5987 ... wn_Hawaii/

So, what's the latest? Here's a quick rundown, below...

When's it coming out?

The majority of the development right now involves cohesively melding the story, missions, gameplay and humor, as well as nailing the pacing and flow. This is an indeterminate process that includes playing the game over and over, and finding spots which need connective tissue, better placements for certain missions or story beats, punching up jokes and dialogue, and overall just making it as fun as possible.

While post-launch patches could fix potential bugs or add features, they wouldn't be ideal for such core aspects of the game, thus its release date is still "when it's ready".

When's the next trailer?

I'm aiming to have a new trailer done in the near future, but right now every minute is being spent on the game itself. I'd like to get more things wrapped up on the development side first.

In the meantime, check out dozens of short clips, here: https://mobile.twitter.com/RetroCR/media

What's it coming out on?

It'll be released digitally on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS VITA and Nintendo 3DS, and physically on select platforms, including, yes, PS VITA, which, yup, supports PS TV too! :)

DeafTard
Physical Champion

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:05 am

I seen this on Twitter to. So with the vita physical which I imagine he wants to do, might be a good idea to how long we got since vuta physicals are shutting down
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby DeafTard » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:15 am

shinoff2183 wrote:I seen this on Twitter to. So with the vita physical which I imagine he wants to do, might be a good idea to how long we got since vuta physicals are shutting down

Yeah I wonder how many copies they are going to grab via physical and I'm sure the PS TV compatible will make many PS TV owners happy.

I also wonder if this will be the last Vita game to support PS TV?
DeafTard
Physical Champion

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:03 am

DeafTard wrote:
shinoff2183 wrote:I seen this on Twitter to. So with the vita physical which I imagine he wants to do, might be a good idea to how long we got since vuta physicals are shutting down

Yeah I wonder how many copies they are going to grab via physical and I'm sure the PS TV compatible will make many PS TV owners happy.

I also wonder if this will be the last Vita game to support PS TV?

I alays forget got a pstv. Won't do me much use here though as I'll be hoping to get the ps4 version. It's definitely nice though that some devs are still using the
Option
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:16 am

In the scenario that all 3 versions are released at the same time, I will get Switch.

In the scenario if for whatever reason a physical Switch version would not be possible, or not 100% confirmed , I will maybe grab the Vita version this time round over PS4, unless for whatever reason there are some significant downgrades for the Vita version. I usually always go PS4 version between the two, but I guess with the recent ending of US/Euro releases, I kind of feel like I want to get the Vita versions if the content isn't effected.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:48 am

Dr. Robotnik wrote:In the scenario that all 3 versions are released at the same time, I will get Switch.

In the scenario if for whatever reason a physical Switch version would not be possible, or not 100% confirmed , I will maybe grab the Vita version this time round over PS4, unless for whatever reason there are some significant downgrades for the Vita version. I usually always go PS4 version between the two, but I guess with the recent ending of US/Euro releases, I kind of feel like I want to get the Vita versions if the content isn't effected.

I think is been stated a switch physical is happening. I could see why people would want to get one of the last Vita physicals, hell when that time comes I may get one to if money is right to get ps4 and a vita one
See ya around Lawrence
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:52 am

Due to the Vita cartridge situation, I can definitely see that version being pretty rare and going up in value almost instantly.
Join the LRG forums!

SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby jrmann33 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:12 am

I love collecting and playing games on my PS4, but I could see myself enjoying playing Shakedown Hawaii on my Switch so I can play it anywhere. I would be willing to bet it will come out eventually on the Switch unless it takes the developers years to complete it that it has to come out on Nintendo's next platform (man I dont want to think about that already).
jrmann33
Ultimate Fan

Postby VitaVision » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:04 pm

I got the email too. Definitely down for a copy or two for the Vita. He must frequent forums with the way he mentioned it being PSTV compatible.
All that is what is and will be

-James Hetfield
VitaVision
LRG Super Fan

Postby Dr. Robotnik » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:01 pm

hell when that time comes I may get one to if money is right to get ps4 and a vita one

It is kind of a hard choice for me when it comes to LRG or any limited publishers when choosing between Vita/PS4. On one hand, I would love having the game on a cartridge and the ability to also play it portably, but I also don't want to run the risk on the times when there is a noticeable quality downgrade compared to the PS4 version or lack of all content/features, as well as certain titles not being PSTV compatible and forcing me to play on a small screen. Usually this is why I always pick PS4 between the two versions, but since Reverie, I kind of will be swaying to Vita. It does suck that without hard sleuthing or from word of mouth from people actually playing the digital versions, its hard to determine if the Vita version is a significant downgrade or not. I know with most indie titles the differences would be super minor, but if a game is going up on both platforms at the same time, I still try and play it safe with the PS4.

Of course then my Nintendo-bias burns bright and I will pick a Switch version over either Sony platform if a game is available on all three, even if its not the absolute best version in a technical standing, though I still have my own limits if its got major content missing. The whole Starlink debacle really got a rise out of me. I would freaking love to play as Fox in it, but no way in hell am I getting a version that has a required online-download. I really hope in actuality its a Switch LA Noir situation and the download is not absolutely mandatory, but even then it will just be something to pick up down the line and mess around in, rather then the "preferred version" of the game for me.
Dr. Robotnik
Ultimate Fan

Postby DeafTard » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:37 am

I think I might just end up getting a PS4/Vita versions and buy the switch version to play while keeping the ps4/vita versions sealed.

However, this all depends what kind of Collector Editions or something special may end up being released with the game cause they did the same for Retro City Rampage but I think you had to buy it directly from their site, cant be 100% sure.
DeafTard
Physical Champion

Postby kupomogli » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:58 pm

First news in almost a year. I completely forgot about this game.
kupomogli
Ultimate Fan

Postby StormJumper » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:09 am

Another fight to the End again...I know the last time I tried to buy on their site it had so many problems and I missed it even though I waited for the exact time and then guess what I saw it popped up on Amazon under Vblank name. I even took a screenshot with proof they had hidden some away just to make a Amazon sale...
StormJumper
LRG Super Fan

Postby Zee » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 am

No word on release date?
One thing I hate is.....
Zee
Physical Champion

Postby BLINXERIZER » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:50 am

Zee wrote:No word on release date?

Vblank has just been saying "When it's done."
Join the LRG forums!

SW-6594-8506-3402
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby Best1989 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 am

BLINXERIZER wrote:

As charismatic as ever.
Best1989
Ultimate Fan

Postby bunnybear » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Best1989 wrote:
BLINXERIZER wrote:

As charismatic as ever.

But it's also the right answer, especially in this day and age of products being rushed to market before they're ready.
315retro wrote:If I'm gonna buy a doll to put my dick in I wanna know what she looks like first.

bunnybear
LRG Super Fan

Next

Return to General Discussions