• Who is online

Talk about everything else here!

Postby Juanblue85 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am

Nintendo Enthusiasts want to keep an eye out today at 3PM PT/6PM ET for the Nintendo Direct which is 45 minutes long and will have new stuff to talk about for 3DS, Switch and more info on Super Mario Odyssey.
Make sure to watch it on the proper channels like Twitch, YouTube, Etc.
Juanblue85
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:27 am

Please post relevant news announced on the show here guys!
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby Manjoume » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launches December 1 :)
Manjoume
Physical Champion

Postby jrmann33 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Project Octopath Traveler- weird title for a game. Sort of hope Sony gets the rights to bring this over to the PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE_X_3R9ZrM
jrmann33
Physical Champion

Postby BLINXERIZER » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Please visit my Deviantart page: https://crimson-x.deviantart.com/

Please visit my Bonanza page: https://www.bonanza.com/booths/BLINXERIZER
BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby shinoff2183 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:07 pm

jrmann33 wrote:Project Octopath Traveler- weird title for a game. Sort of hope Sony gets the rights to bring this over to the PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE_X_3R9ZrM

Ill agree would be cool on ps4
shinoff2183
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 pm

It won't be for the PS4. It was announced during the event that it's a Switch exclusive. I really wish the game released on the 3DS as it's clear that it was being developed for the 3DS with the 3D effect in mind. Either way I'm getting it once I get a Switch, game looks amazing. Silicon Studios is a great dev though. This, the Bravely Default games, 3D Dot Game Heroes. Everything I've played that they work on turns out to be pretty awesome.

It doesn't come out until 2018, but If you own a Switch there's a demo available right now.
kupomogli
LRG Super Fan

Postby Juanblue85 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:51 pm

I was blown back when I saw Doom coming back to Nintendo consoles and its been since Doom 64 since there was a Doom on Nintendo consoles. Just hope they nail the 60 FPS on it but I'm definitely going to get it. Rip and Tear on the go.
Juanblue85
Physical Champion

Postby TornadoCreator » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:37 am

OK... Nintendo aren't doing too badly at making the Switch seem worth it now. I could imagine the Nintendo Switch being a good choice for someone this Christmas as there appears to be enough variety there now. I won't say I'm impressed because honestly, if you compare it to the PS4, it's pitiful, but it's at least a serviceable alternative.
TornadoCreator
Physical Champion

Postby spores » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:24 am

All those games you guys mentioned we knew about already from the E3 coverage.
But it's cool I guess to get an actual date of release.
Nintendo needs to step it up with the games I think.
I hate how they just think they could rely on there franchise titles all the time like Zelda, Mario, etc.
But actually they could, cuz those titles have always been solid sales for them.
I game at unhealthy levels....no pun intended.
spores
Physical Champion

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:38 am

spores wrote:All those games you guys mentioned we knew about already from the E3 coverage.
But it's cool I guess to get an actual date of release.
Nintendo needs to step it up with the games I think.
I hate how they just think they could rely on there franchise titles all the time like Zelda, Mario, etc.
But actually they could, cuz those titles have always been solid sales for them.

Uh... Doom and Wolfenstein were not announced for the Switch at E3...

BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby DoomsDave » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:21 am

Doom and Wolfenstein are a pretty big deal. Yes Doom is a year old and Wolf will no doubt be gimped graphically compared to PS4/Xbone but it shows that third parties are taking the Switch seriously.
DoomsDave
Physical Champion

Postby Tomv1to » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:59 am

DoomsDave wrote:Doom and Wolfenstein are a pretty big deal. Yes Doom is a year old and Wolf will no doubt be gimped graphically compared to PS4/Xbone but it shows that third parties are taking the Switch seriously.

It's also good because it shows other devs amd users that yes, you can have tripple AAA titles reserved for the lounge on the go.

Also that Pokemon 2DS. I guess I'll be getting yet another 3DS model...
Tomv1to
Physical Champion

Postby 315retro » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:57 am

Well Kirby sounds fun for switch. Nothing else I'm excited about. Ports do nothing for me because anything I can play on ps4 I would play on ps4. There's absolutely nothing that makes me want to buy or rebuy a game for the switch that has trophy support on ps4.

So yes I'm still disappointed at the lack of an achievement system...

I like that Pokémon 2ds but ugh...I am so sick of getting burned by Nintendo with these enhanced edition releases. I have a regular 3dsxl I got for the same price as that new one and I don't feel I can justify another purchase...
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

ImageImage
315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby Tomv1to » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:11 am

315retro wrote:Well Kirby sounds fun for switch. Nothing else I'm excited about. Ports do nothing for me because anything I can play on ps4 I would play on ps4. There's absolutely nothing that makes me want to buy or rebuy a game for the switch that has trophy support on ps4.

I've never fully understood the appeal of the trophies or the achievement points. I'm a bit sad they didn't put the Street Pass system from the 3DS onto the Switch though, I'll admit to being hooked on getting all of those damned puzzle pieces.

I'm not sure how I feel about Doom, it's good it's there but I only just recently finished it on Xbox so I don't think i'll rebuy it. But Wolfenstein 2 is a big win, I loved the first one and will probably pick that up on the Switch as my platform of choice.
Tomv1to
Physical Champion

Postby BuraddoRun » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 am

Tomv1to wrote: I'm a bit sad they didn't put the Street Pass system from the 3DS onto the Switch though, I'll admit to being hooked on getting all of those damned puzzle pieces.

I really like collecting the puzzle pieces, too! But now that I'm using the New 2DSXL, it won't be the same. The puzzles were the only time I really used 3D with my 3DS.
BuraddoRun
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:44 am

Tomv1to wrote:
315retro wrote:Well Kirby sounds fun for switch. Nothing else I'm excited about. Ports do nothing for me because anything I can play on ps4 I would play on ps4. There's absolutely nothing that makes me want to buy or rebuy a game for the switch that has trophy support on ps4.

I've never fully understood the appeal of the trophies or the achievement points. I'm a bit sad they didn't put the Street Pass system from the 3DS onto the Switch though, I'll admit to being hooked on getting all of those damned puzzle pieces.

I'm not sure how I feel about Doom, it's good it's there but I only just recently finished it on Xbox so I don't think i'll rebuy it. But Wolfenstein 2 is a big win, I loved the first one and will probably pick that up on the Switch as my platform of choice.

The main point of achievements/trophies IMO are for extra goals/challenges to try for.

BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Postby kupomogli » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:20 am

315retro wrote:I like that Pokémon 2ds but ugh...I am so sick of getting burned by Nintendo with these enhanced edition releases. I have a regular 3dsxl I got for the same price as that new one and I don't feel I can justify another purchase...

I think the Pokemon 2DS looks cool as well, but thing is... it's not a 3DS :(. Btw, if you like the 3D effect, I'd recommend getting a New 3DS XL. Seriously. The New 3DS has face tracking so you don't have to sit in that perfect position for the 3D effect to work and sitting in the perfect position might just be why people don't enjoy it.

A lot of games have good 3D. There are games where the 3D is rather cheap or non existant(most Nintendo games, Tales of the Abyss, Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D, Etrian Odyssey 4, Devil Summon Soul Hackers, etc) but then there are other games where the 3D is absolutely amazing. Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate is just jaw dropping when viewed in 3D, with everything far into the background showing depth. Etrian Odyssey and Devil Summoner Soul Hackers may not have looked 3D at all because they weren't made for the ground up, Persona Q though, SMT4, SMT4 Apocalypse, all have excellent 3D, wide open spaces with character models and objects in the distance also being in 3D with more 3D space behind them. Dead or Alive Dimensions, Etrian Dungeon, Super Mario 3D Land, and many others have great 3D.

I picked up a New 3DS XL because of the head tracking(I no longer have it though so I'll be picking up another one when I can get Metroid Samus Returns special edition and the Metroid Amiibo. That's also from Mercury Steam, same people who made Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate, and you can be sure that I'll be playing that game in 3D the entire way through.
kupomogli
LRG Super Fan

Postby Tomv1to » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:25 pm

kupomogli wrote:
315retro wrote:I like that Pokémon 2ds but ugh...I am so sick of getting burned by Nintendo with these enhanced edition releases. I have a regular 3dsxl I got for the same price as that new one and I don't feel I can justify another purchase...

I think the Pokemon 2DS looks cool as well, but thing is... it's not a 3DS :(. Btw, if you like the 3D effect, I'd recommend getting a New 3DS XL. Seriously. The New 3DS has face tracking so you don't have to sit in that perfect position for the 3D effect to work and sitting in the perfect position might just be why people don't enjoy it.

Yes, the new 3DS XL is awesome and the head tracking is great. I've noticed it's not very good when I'm on the bus though and because the crappy london busses are so old and wobbly the thing can't track my eye movements quick enough and it dips in and out of 3D making me car sick so I switch it over to 2D.

I do like that the new 2DS gives you the ability to use Amiibo without the addition of a USB dongle thing though, but you are right, the 3D is so good on the new 3DS with the eye tracking at home that it's a shame not to have it.
Tomv1to
Physical Champion

Postby kupomogli » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Tomv1to wrote:I do like that the new 2DS gives you the ability to use Amiibo without the addition of a USB dongle thing though, but you are right, the 3D is so good on the new 3DS with the eye tracking at home that it's a shame not to have it.

All the "New" product lines whether it's New 3DS or New 2DS let you use the amiibo functionality without any extras. It's the standard versions that don't allow it.
kupomogli
LRG Super Fan

Postby Tomv1to » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:39 pm

kupomogli wrote:
Tomv1to wrote:I do like that the new 2DS gives you the ability to use Amiibo without the addition of a USB dongle thing though, but you are right, the 3D is so good on the new 3DS with the eye tracking at home that it's a shame not to have it.

All the "New" product lines whether it's New 3DS or New 2DS let you use the amiibo functionality without any extras. It's the standard versions that don't allow it.

Yeah that's what I meant, the old flat style 2DS didn't have it which I felt was a bit of an omission because by the time you had paid for the dongle the bargain budget system wasn't that far off of the New 3DS.
Tomv1to
Physical Champion

Postby NinjaC » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:10 pm

Looks like Snipper Clips is getting a physical release. Up for order on GameStop!
NinjaC
Physical Champion

Postby 315retro » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am

Tomv1to wrote:

For me it's a good way to look back on what I did. I can tell you the day I got my PS3, the day I got my Vita, the day I got my PS4. I can tell you what game I played on my birthday 2 years ago, and I can tell you exactly what time and date I beat Tomb Raider.

It's an awesome archive of my gaming history. And it really feels like something is missing without it.
http://www.instagram.com/315retro/ Check out my collection!!

ImageImage
315retro
Ultimate Fan

Postby Fries » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:27 am

Mario continues to look impressive and fun, but my favorite game of the line-up is still Layton's Mystery Journey. So glad that NA physical release is coming.

Switch is starting to looks ever more promising, though!
Fries
Ultimate Fan

Postby BLINXERIZER » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:14 am

I'm excited about the Mario Odyssey bundle... but uh... digital download for the game? Really? You seriously couldn't fit that little case inside that big box? Not like the price is any different.

BLINXERIZER
Ultimate Fan

Return to General Discussions